Sticky luggage tags

mandygal00

Do y'all usually use the sticky luggage tags by themselves on your luggage or do you prefer to use the clear holders you can buy to put the tags in? How well do they stay in place if you put them on before you fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We get tags from the porters...REAL tags....no craft project for me!

Unlike RCI Celebrity sends you double sided, self adhesive luggage tags with your names and cabin number already on them. Same kind you get from the porters except the porters have to write your cabin number on them. No craft project required.

Thanks! I'm a first time cruiser (as an adult- I cruised once when I was 10) sailing on 4/15/17 on the Reflection and it's been great coming to these boards for advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you ordered/requested your luggage tags from Celebrity?

Do y'all usually use the sticky luggage tags by themselves on your luggage or do you prefer to use the clear holders you can buy to put the tags in? How well do they stay in place if you put them on before you fly?

We use the luggage tag holders I bought here at CC store. Use them after we fly.

• 1 month later...
We get tags from the porters...REAL tags....no craft project for me!

Thank you for this tip, the luggage tags printed out with my edocs are black & white, and they do indeed look like a dismal arts and crafts project to fold, attach and staple/tape together. LOL

I was told the sticky tags were part of the cruise ticket booklet and would cost $35.( I inquired for a fellow traveler.)

Can you still request just the luggage tags at no cost?

In the past we always printed ours out. I used to just cover each one with a strip of wide clear tape, then cut them out - easy as pie and very strong!

Now I have the clear tag holders and love them!

I was told the sticky tags were part of the cruise ticket booklet and would cost $35.( I inquired for a fellow traveler.)

Can you still request just the luggage tags at no cost?

In the past we always printed ours out. I used to just cover each one with a strip of wide clear tape, then cut them out - easy as pie and very strong!

Now I have the clear tag holders and love them!

Luggage tags can be ordered(North American addresses)from Celebrity at no cost, and you have to do this several weeks before sailing. When doing your online check in, and when they're ready, there will be a link you can click to request your luggage tags where you'll fill in(if necessary)the name and address where they will be sent. Keep an eye out, they will come in a white, larger than business sized envelope(the size and look of some bank account statement envelopes). We always order the sticky tags with no problems(they take about a week or so to arrive), and keep the edoc ones as backup, but I think I'll be investing in the clear tag holders for the times when we have to fly to a port and don't want to worry about peeling and sticking anything.

How and when can you order the sticky tags?

We haven't cruised on Celebrity for a year, so things might have changed. If you go to My Celebrity and proceed to do your on-line check-in, there will be a link to order the luggage tags. You cannot order them more than 41 days before the sailing. There is no charge for these tags. HTH.

We have plastic holders which we've used quite happily for a number of years when cruising on other lines, but always order the sticky luggage tags when cruising with Celebrity. As we always stay one or more nights before embarkation, we remove the airline tags and put on the cruise tags on the final morning before heading to the port.

We haven't cruised on Celebrity for a year, so things might have changed. If you go to My Celebrity and proceed to do your on-line check-in, there will be a link to order the luggage tags. You cannot order them more than 41 days before the sailing. There is no charge for these tags. HTH.

It's still the same, the luggage tag link does begin to work about two weeks after check-in opens.

It's still the same, the luggage tag link does begin to work about two weeks after check-in opens.

Thank you, that's good to know. Our posts are 10 mins apart but I didn't see yours before I posted as I was looking up "My Celebrity" to make sure my answer was accurate.