Where is Captain Tuvo?

Pierlesscruisers

sorry , i had a senior moment. I did make a mistake. Your right , he did say he lives in carlsbad:cool:

no problem. I noticed you are on the march 17 2019 panama canal cruise also. I'm so hoping capt. Tuvo is on that sailing. I'v seen that he has done that one in the past. Lets hope

• 2 weeks later...
As I asked, you know this how? Or is this a secret source?

Tom

Just replying to everyone, sorry not just the last thread I read.... the guy has a family. Let him be. Just cross your fingers he’s on your next ship. He is a good friend of mine, great guy. And as much as I would love to share with you all his future whereabouts, you can’t just take a cruise for a captain...

Just replying to everyone, sorry not just the last thread I read.... the guy has a family. Let him be. Just cross your fingers he’s on your next ship. He is a good friend of mine, great guy. And as much as I would love to share with you all his future whereabouts, you can’t just take a cruise for a captain...
yes!!

LOL. I know a lot of people do take cruises for him! Love the family thing - He also made quite the impression last February over Valentiene's Day on my Hawaii Cruise with my mom and my sister. Especially my sister :cool::cool:

Edited by blondee419
multiple smilies.

LOL. I know a lot of people do take cruises for him! Love the family thing - He also made quite the impression last February over Valentiene's Day on my Hawaii Cruise with my mom and my sister. Especially my sister :cool::cool:

That you K? We were your trivia team mates on that cruise!!

For sure! Our next one is April 2019, full Panama Canal transit - Ft. Lauderdale to LA.

My mom says Hi!!!

Tell D & R hi from us. I can't find the card with your email or I'd send you all our scheduled cruises list. Next April we'll be on a transatlantic.

Shoot me an email & I'll respond. *****tfl at aol (***** is my first name)

Edited by FLCruise7

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

He was on Sky Princess this summer (2021) when it was doing staycations around the UK. Met him when I was on board, what a gent and perfect cruise captain, number one priority was everyone was enjoying themselves.

He actually joined our quiz team for a few minutes as he passed thru the Princess Lounge, couldn't make us win though! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mt Washington said:

Yes, he was on the Sky in February 2019 but where is he now?  We're going back on the SKY in a couple weeks.

We were on the 11/20 Sky sailing and Captain Tuvo had just gotten off the ship. The current captain is Heikki Laakkonen. Since he just took over as Captain for the 11/20 sailing it may be a few months before Captain Tuvo is back onboard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We were on the 11/20 Sky sailing and Captain Tuvo had just gotten off the ship. The current captain is Heikki Laakkonen. Since he just took over as Captain for the 11/20 sailing it may be a few months before Captain Tuvo is back onboard.

2 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Captain Laakonen was the captain on our round Britain cruise on 3rd 0ctober this year. 

Those two gentlemen have been switching off with each other from anything I have seen since 2018.  We had both on a long Around South America voyage.  Very different personalities - but you could say that about anyone compared to Captain Tuvo.  Just amazing man.  

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Any sightings?

Cheers

Capt Tuvo has completed his 2 years on Sky Princess.  He announced he was moving to Caribbean Princess,but might still be on leave. 
you can follow him on Instagram he posts great sail out videos.  
such a lovely man. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Capt Tuvo has completed his 2 years on Sky Princess.  He announced he was moving to Caribbean Princess,but might still be on leave. 
you can follow him on Instagram he posts great sail out videos.  
such a lovely man. 

Thanks.  Will be on the Caribbean Princess in May was was so hoping he would be in place by the time we sail.

Cheers

• Like 1