Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Guests did not wear period garb. There ya a portion of the show where they select a few members from the audience to dress up and perform on stage.

In the show we went to, 2 ladies and 1 man wore period clothes

The show costs just under $20 per person and includes 5 cocktails. The drinks were tasty, reasonable size and not overly strong so you could enjoy the experience.

The singing was very good. The costumes are skimpy and the content slightly risqué, but fun. This is adults only entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How long does the show take?

It sounds like a fun show. Thanks for responding to all these questions!

How long does the show take?

It sounds like a fun show. Thanks for responding to all these questions!

About an hour. Maybe a few minutes more, but not much! It was a lot of fun!

I am confused as to how/why the whole keycard to operate the lights thing proves so challenging for some people. Our lights worked that way on the Escape and it was pretty much a non-issue. When you enter, you have your keycard in your hand, because you just used it to open the door... immediately stick it in the slot. Then just grab it on your way back out the door...

One thing I noticed about the lighting system. If you leave a card in the light thingie. The panel outside your cabin will show as being home, when you’re not in the room. I always took whatever card I put in out. So the steward would know that I’m not there.

Yes

I kept forgetting to take my cruise card with me when I left. I find it easier to use another card than to make another trip down to the front desk to get another one. 3 different times on one cruise!:o :cool:

Guests did not wear period garb. There ya a portion of the show where they select a few members from the audience to dress up and perform on stage.

I was one of those lucky people. 😆 Enjoyed the show lots though.

Bob, thank you for the candid review. We found some of the same snags when we were on the Epic in March. I was tossing around whether we should go on the Bliss or one of the smaller ships, like the Gem, and this is helping me to decide.

I feel that all ships have some level of crowds especially going to Alaska or colder climates. We sailed the Pearl two years ago and loved it but did not enjoy the mass amounts of rowdy kids who bumped into us multiple times in the Garden Cafe.

One thing I noticed about the lighting system. If you leave a card in the light thingie. The panel outside your cabin will show as being home, when you’re not in the room. I always took whatever card I put in out. So the steward would know that I’m not there.

In (most of?) the NCL suites we've sailed in, they leave a blank card in the slot - such that we never have to give it any thought.

Tom

Thanks all for the great tip on using an ersatz key card! The problem with the lights was that our key card slot (in a mid ship MS on deck 10) was more than a convenient arm's length from the door. Thus, there was no easy one-person way to insert the card while standing in the doorway to get light to shine on the slot. But we evolved an easy 2 person method: My wife used her card to open the door and hold it open so hallway light illuminated the slot. I would then pass her and insert my card in the room slot to get the lights to come on.

I have used the key - slot light system many times in European hotels, but the key slot is always much closer to the doorway.

A good fix, not requiring the slot to be moved, is to have the software that controls the lights leave them on for 90 seconds when the card opens the door from the outside.

This was a very minor bug, as were the poorly functioning public restroom soap dispensers. But they are surprising considering the usual German design precision.

Does anyone have any photos of the Bliss' Deluxe Owner’s Suite - 2nd bedroom with the Murphy Bed down? Or any experience with the Murphy Bed down?

Was there any room to maneuver around the bed?

Was it comfortable?

Was it a double or queen size bed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you notice how the mock up images of the DOS (over a year ago) showed a fireplace in that cabin? Now there's just a large wall there. I could see how that would be a nice touch for Alaska. Oh well !

Tom

Did you notice how the mock up images of the DOS (over a year ago) showed a fireplace in that cabin? Now there's just a large wall there. I could see how that would be a nice touch for Alaska. Oh well !

Tom

Our first cruise to Alaska was the Grand Princess in a Grand Suite which did have an electric fireplace in the living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/detail/balcony#BLISS_BALCONY_BD_BF_R-staterooms-gallery

ncl says BD/BF category balconies are 38-90 sq feet.

Angled balconies are 50% bigger, so approx 60 sq feet and can be easily seen on deck plans.

what room #s have 90 sq feet balconies??? Thats double the size of a normal balcony for the same price!

i dont see them on deck plans.

edit:

are handicap balconies 90 sq feet??

ie: Rooms 10286/10886 (BF)? 12282/12286/12882/12886 (BD)?

Edited by fstuff1

We were looking into switching rooms and we noticed one of the Haven penthouse rooms has a door that you can close between the main bedroom and living area. Are these the forward or aft rooms? We wanted my mom to have her privacy as well as us!

We were looking into switching rooms and we noticed one of the Haven penthouse rooms has a door that you can close between the main bedroom and living area. Are these the forward or aft rooms? We wanted my mom to have her privacy as well as us!

All H6 and most H7 have a door between the living-room and bedroom