Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

You're either going to be lucky, or not. Very profound, I know! We've been in May and August. More rain in our case for the May sailing - at least 5 days. August perhaps 3. It was rarely what I'd consider top deck weather. Both times the staff said something like "you came the wrong week - it's been beautiful for the last two sailings"...

Tom

thanks for sharing your experience, I guess if anything we can make a point to ride the gocarts the first day in seattle. Just in case.

Doing our first alaska cruise in June, Booked bliss over the other ships BECAUSE of it being new, the race track and laser tag(have 2 boys 7 and 10).

Does it rain THAT much on alaska cruises?? I booked june because its supposed to be drier.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and really appreciate all these updates on the bliss!

We cruised Alaska in June 2015 and had fantastic weather. Was in shorts and t shirt most of the trip and spent lots of time on the top deck. Much warmer than I was expecting. It only got really cold once we got to the glaciers as you would expect. Very little rain, maybe one day.

Does anyone know if Q will be part of the SDP?

I believe NCL is advertising it as such.

Q (is a restaurant; I did not know this)

"Smoked over hickory, oak and pecan wood, all our meats are infused with delicious flavors –

whether ribs, chicken or brisket. Tap your cowboy boots to the beat" ...

À la carte Items on menu are individually priced.

An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment.

My apologies for deleting that you sent your messages from your iPhones.

Do you think they will release the menu for Q prior to the first bliss sailing? March 11 is the day i can start making restaurant/show reservations and would want to know if the Q prices are high enough to make worth using a specialty dining credit on?

Do you think they will release the menu for Q prior to the first bliss sailing?

March 11 is the day i can start making restaurant/show reservations and would want to know if the Q prices are high enough

to make worth using a specialty dining credit on?

Curious...

Why March 11th?

Which cruise is this for ?

June 9 cruise. In my NCL account when i try to book any reservations/buy spa pass it says March 11 i can book.

That’s because NCL allows online restaurant and show reservations to be made 90 days prior to your sail date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

June 9 cruise.

In my NCL account when i try to book any reservations/buy spa pass it says March 11 i can book.

Thanks for posting.

WE are on the April 21, 2018 cruise, but still not sure of the reservations for showtime/restaurant timeline.

Anybody?

Thanks for posting.

WE are on the April 21 cruise, but not sure of the reservation showtime/restaurant timeline.

Anybody?

You can make online reservations for both shows and specialty dining as early as 90 days ahead of your sail date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good day:

Does anyone know exactly when the Bliss is expected to " Float Out" or when scheduled " Sea Trials " are supposed to start?

Thanks

This was posted earlier in the thread.

A few pages back some contributed to the "missing" dates in Bliss' timetable, I put together a timetable but I can't seem to find the postings LOL.. so I need you guys (and girls) again to fill in those, here's the timetable as we know of:

===

Float out of Norwegian Bliss. Expected Date: mid-February 2018

Ems conveyance. TBA.

Sea trials. TBA.

Handover. TBA.

===

Bremerhaven, Germany (Apr 19 d TBA); European travel partners/UK agents 2-night sailing

at sea? (Apr 20)

Southampton, England (21 Apr a TBA) (day visits for travel agents)

Southampton, England (21 Apr d1700); 12-Night Transatlantic Southampton - New York City

Ponta Delgada, Azores (25 Apr 0900-1800);

Halifax, Nova Scotia (30 Apr 0800-1800);

New York City, New York (03 May a0800)

?

Miami, Florida (10 May d1700); 15-Night Panama Canal from Miami

Cartagena, Colombia (13 May 0700-1400);

Puntarenas, Costa Rica (16 May 0700-1700);

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala (18 May 0800-1800);

Puerto Chiapas, Mexico (19 May 0800-1700);

Manzanillo, Mexico (21 May 1000-1800);

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (22 May 0800-1700);

Los Angeles, California (25 May a0700)

?

Seattle, Washington (02 Jun d1700); 7-Night Alaska Highlights from Seattle

Ketchikan, Alaska (04 Jun 0700-1500);

Juneau, Alaska (05 Jun 0700-1330);

Skagway, Alaska (06 Jun 0700-1730);

Victoria, British Columbia (08 Jun 1600-2200);

Seattle, Washington (09 Jun a0800)

===

Good day:

Does anyone know exactly when the Bliss is expected to " Float Out" or when scheduled " Sea Trials " are supposed to start?

Thanks

From Meyer Werft website...

676f2e5514f5247f8152ffb7c329deac.jpg

0b20afe8b3e77e0a6ccd1cc6f57ba128.jpg

I’ve heard there is a a press event at MW at the end of the month with Andy Stuart & Wyland (hull art). I’m guessing we’ll hear more about dates around that time.

So far Meyer Werft said that the Norwegian Bliss will leave the building hall mid February. She will stay a couple of days in the harbor of the shipyard. Then Ems river conveyance and not until she reached Eemshaven they can start the sea trials.

steamboats

So far Meyer Werft said that the Norwegian Bliss will leave the building hall mid February. She will stay a couple of days in the harbor of the shipyard. Then Ems river conveyance and not until she reached Eemshaven they can start the sea trials.

Really just a couple of days? They’re still showing it a month apart (float out / conveyance).

Anyone think there will be excess capacity this summer with a new big boat and there may be some last minute specials? Guessing no, but I’ve never really followed Alaska cruise pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone think there will be excess capacity this summer with a new big boat and there may be some last minute specials? Guessing no, but I’ve never really followed Alaska cruise pricing.

I hope there aren’t any last-minute specials. I feel like I’m paying a boat load (pun intended) for this cruise. I checked the price for the trans Atlantic and it’s $2000 less for the same cabin. I guess Alaska is a popular destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope there aren’t any last-minute specials. I feel like I’m paying a boat load (pun intended) for this cruise. I checked the price for the trans Atlantic and it’s $2000 less for the same cabin. I guess Alaska is a popular destination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check the price of your cabin for Alaska, then check the Bliss's Miami departure for the same type of cabin. We will have our first Bliss cruise out of Miami but I will be reading these boards carefully to hear what all of you say on those earlier cruises!

I'm thinking not, but keep checking. You never know.

We booked a B1 aft balcony cabin for the June 2 Alaska on the Bliss at $2,169 pp exactly a year ago back in January 2017 when the bookings first opened. At the time I thought that was an outrageous price for a 7 day Alaska cruise, and maybe it still is (but partly I was probably thinking that because we were on a 14 day Med cruise on the Spirit in 2017 in a BA for less than that price). But looking at prices again numerous times since then, the aft balconies of course sold out long ago. But even now the BF is at 2,399 pp and the O1 is $2,249 pp for our sailing as of today. So even the ocean view cabins are higher priced than our B1 (and if I remember correctly, the BA on our last Alaska cruise 4 years ago was around $1,600 pp on the Pearl so that may have also accounted for our sticker shock). Alaska is definitely more expensive than other destinations for sure. But so worth it IMO.

I'm watching my cruise prices like a hawk hoping it goes down so I can call my TA to get the price reduced before pay in full date. I just booked our june 9 cruise a month ago so I didnt get the best rate (but not the worst either) i'm right in the middle.

I'm thinking not, but keep checking. You never know.

We booked a B1 aft balcony cabin for the June 2 Alaska on the Bliss at $2,169 pp exactly a year ago back in January 2017 when the bookings first opened. At the time I thought that was an outrageous price for a 7 day Alaska cruise, and maybe it still is (but partly I was probably thinking that because we were on a 14 day Med cruise on the Spirit in 2017 in a BA for less than that price). But looking at prices again numerous times since then, the aft balconies of course sold out long ago. But even now the BF is at 2,399 pp and the O1 is $2,249 pp for our sailing as of today. So even the ocean view cabins are higher priced than our B1 (and if I remember correctly, the BA on our last Alaska cruise 4 years ago was around $1,600 pp on the Pearl so that may have also accounted for our sticker shock). Alaska is definitely more expensive than other destinations for sure. But so worth it IMO.

I sadly had to give up the June 9 B1 reservation I made last January for only $2,019 PP because my group decided to delay a year. At the time I booked, the aft balcony was only about a $70 premium over the standard balcony price, but for my new 2019 sailing it's a nearly $500 premium. So, while I am saving about $100 per person I had to compromise and booked an angled balcony instead.