New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Jamericannn

[QaUOTE=Computer Nerd;52794140]You must have been around the curve. I never made it back that far.

We are, the very first cabin. I want somewhat worried that there would be lots of foot traffic, but that has not been the case so far.

Sent from my iPhone

I'd love one of the Tervis tumblers - I'm not platinum. If someone has one they don't want I'd be happy to have it and I'll pay the shipping.:)
There is an active secondary market on eBay for unwanted plat/diamond gifts.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think a more efficient way to handle Platinum/Diamond gifts would be to offer them at check in in the Platinum/Diamond lounge. That way there won't be so much waste and people could choose not to take them if they didn't want them or choose what they want if there is more than one option. I hate to see that people have thrown them away. So wasteful.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think a more efficient way to handle Platinum/Diamond gifts would be to offer them at check in in the Platinum/Diamond lounge. That way there won't be so much waste and people could choose not to take them if they didn't want them or choose what they want if there is more than one option. I hate to see that people have thrown them away. So wasteful.

THAT is an excellent idea!

I get bored occasionally and drop in to see what's new. :D

I've got a few cruises booked, but nothing on Carnival currently. I did have the Vista booked next year for our annual office cruise, but jumped ship to the Escape - I think the staff will have a better time on NCL. We sailed NCL as an office a couple times in years past (Epic and Getaway) and they still talk about it. They've enjoyed the Oasis two years - and it's always a hit. I'd say the best office cruise we've had (on Carnival) would have to be the Sunshine.

We also jettisoned the Vista as the GS cabin I booked (complete with NO perks) paled in comparison to the

on the Escape. Yes, it costs more, but that's not a deciding factor for me. That cabin will be a much better place to enjoy a group sail away gathering. What I'll miss most from the Vista would be the bidet in the cabin.... NOT ! Why in the heck does Carnival persist in adding those to their Grand Suites. I wonder what percentage of their guests actually use one. Can't say I've ever seen one in the top suites on Celebrity or NCL.

We're not far off (count wise) from our next Milestone sailing (75th) with Carnival, but their lack of the following likely means we'll never make it... hope some of the "beards" read this, though I'm sure they'll shrug it off as their bottom line is doing just fine without "complainers" like me... ;)

> No full/hot room service breakfast (could they at least offer that for Platinum... or Diamond... or maybe suite guests)?

> Suite perks, as other lines we enjoy have - such as: suite lounge, suite restaurant, etc.

> Booking "bonuses" (higher categories get to choose more from list): Free internet, free specialty dining, free beverage package, free shore excursions, prepaid tips, etc..

> Past guest program - So... we "made it", "we're Diamond". Carnival really offers nothing for its loyal/repeat guests compared to other lines. I've put together entire comparative threads on this topic. WOW... so after 200 days on your ships I get (WAIT FOR IT), one dinner for two in the Steakhouse!!! yawn... The other stuff is fluff. I don't care to book a 3rd or 4th guest for free in our cabin (again, once)... We enjoy our space, peace and quiet!

Tom

...and under their new system, I'll be Platinum for the rest of my life, probably. Not such a bad thing if they left the Platinum perks Platinum. Instead, they took half the Platinum perks away and threw them into Diamond. Then they started offering FTTF allowing a certain number of guests to purchase the perks we worked so hard to attain. It's disappointing. I really miss Uncle Bob. I'd even take Gerry back.

I received a Tervis Tumbler on the Conquest last week. Also a ship pin shaped like a ship's steering wheel. I didn't need the tumbler, so I gave it away to someone who wasn't a Diamond or Plat but said they could use it.

Okay, thanks. It sounds a little bit different than the ones I'd been collecting over the years which were all in the funnel shape and had the specific ship name on it. That's too bad because I have ship lapel pins from ships that are no longer around, and it's nice to have these collectibles if you started keeping them early on.