New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Jamericannn

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think a more efficient way to handle Platinum/Diamond gifts would be to offer them at check in in the Platinum/Diamond lounge. That way there won't be so much waste and people could choose not to take them if they didn't want them or choose what they want if there is more than one option. I hate to see that people have thrown them away. So wasteful.

Not sure they need it. I will explain, we did our sign and sail in advance for our Vista cruise (which we are currently on). When we arrived at the port we cleared security and went right to the priority lounge. No check in required. When we were cleared to go on the ship they scanned our fun pass and we were on the ship. Our sign and sail was waiting in an envelope outside our room. Best embarkation ever.

Sent from my iPhone

...and under their new system, I'll be Platinum for the rest of my life, probably. Not such a bad thing if they left the Platinum perks Platinum. Instead, they took half the Platinum perks away and threw them into Diamond. Then they started offering FTTF allowing a certain number of guests to purchase the perks we worked so hard to attain. It's disappointing. I really miss Uncle Bob. I'd even take Gerry back.

We were members of Bob's monthly wine club. They managed to offer up some fairly decent wines!

Tom

Not sure they need it. I will explain, we did our sign and sail in advance for our Vista cruise (which we are currently on). When we arrived at the port we cleared security and went right to the priority lounge. No check in required. When we were cleared to go on the ship they scanned our fun pass and we were on the ship. Our sign and sail was waiting in an envelope outside our room. Best embarkation ever.

Sent from my iPhone

Very nice! I know only a couple of ships are doing that right now. Hopefully it will become fleet wide very soon!

You still went through the lounge so maybe they could still pass things out. I'm sure people that forgot to stop and get it would complain though. So many complainers!! First world problems for sure.

We were members of Bob's monthly wine club. They managed to offer up some fairly decent wines!

Tom

You guys should have taken the lead management role of this line long ago - many years ago. I know that you know what works and what will fly more than the change in current management (who I sometimes wonder if they've ever cruised at all prior to getting their job).

You guys should have taken the lead management role of this line long ago - many years ago. I know that you know what works and what will fly more than the change in current management (who I sometimes wonder if they've ever cruised at all prior to getting their job).

They offered, but I declined as I felt cruising would loose its allure... ;)

Carnival is doing pretty well without taking ANY of my advice!

Tom

Just returned from a cruise on March 25. they were still giving out the nightlights. Got another cruise booked for May, hopping for another light. I have too many backpacks & don't like carrying logo (tourist/target) stuff in port.

We are, the very first cabin. I want somewhat worried that there would be lots of foot traffic, but that has not been the case so far.

Sent from my iPhone

We were in 5225 and our buddies were in 5223. Good location but we did hear the evening music from the Havana band. Can you hear it from your cabin?

We were in 5225 and our buddies were in 5223. Good location but we did hear the evening music from the Havana band. Can you hear it from your cabin?

Actually no, and to be honest I was kind of surprised. Probably because it has all those jogs (not sure what is there). We have learned that unless they are partying at the bar, it's quicker to go almost to the door going outside and then cut back by the staff stairway. I would do this room again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone

Actually no, and to be honest I was kind of surprised. Probably because it has all those jogs (not sure what is there). We have learned that unless they are partying at the bar, it's quicker to go almost to the door going outside and then cut back by the staff stairway. I would do this room again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone

You mean the back staircase? I used that every day to get to and from my cabin. Much better than going through the hallways the other way. Loved it. Felt like a secret staircase :).

You mean the back staircase? I used that every day to get to and from my cabin. Much better than going through the hallways the other way. Loved it. Felt like a secret staircase :).

Yeah that is the one

Sent from my iPhone

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Magic and received the backpacks. They are very lightweight, like a thin, nylon jacket and have two straps (thin). It all wads up into a very small bag with a drawstring that is inside the bag when it is opened. We used this for our sign & sail cards, etc. As another poster commented, they are not huge, but we were able to get a Carnival towel, sunscreen, bottle of water, and other things we needed to use in port.

We got three of them on our most recent Magic cruise. My daughter will use them as a gym bag for school. Good size for port travel. We liked them! Better than the game table we gave away. Not as good as the packing cubes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Night light on the INSPIRATION a week ago. I would have loved the back pack, but a gift is a gift. :)

Hope we get either the night light or back pack on the Imagination next week. Do not want or need any more Tervis Tumblers. That's what we got on the Miracle in March.