New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Jamericannn

On our cruise this past February, we received 2 nightlights. I thought they were really neat, but my DH gave them to our 2 adult children! I never got to enjoy them! At least I know the kids will get good use out of them! We like the stuff mainly because it says Carnival! And most of it is useful!

During the time when they were giving out the crocs there were many threads on here saying what a useless gift it was. We didnt go on a cruise when they offered it.

Did get the next one which was stationary. It was the thinnest paper ever made and the packaging must have cost much more than the stationary.

Having said this they have given us quite a few good and useful gifts which we use on a regular basis.

This is cruise critic where we get to give our opinions on things.

Now if we could just get those opinions without all of the attitude behind them (not you specifically, just generally speaking), all would be well in the world. ;)

if it's the April 14th 2018 Miracle to Panama then yes! If not we'll have to see lol. But as long as we both keep cruising, I bet we'll get on one together eventually.

It won't be that one, but I'm going to try and go again this year sometime. Shoot me over an email and maybe we can get it worked out!

It won't be that one, but I'm going to try and go again this year sometime. Shoot me over an email and maybe we can get it worked out!

You should check out the one Bermuda cruise that Carnival has out of Port Canaveral on the Sunshine in Sep 2018. good pricing (IMO) so we're finally going to get to Bermuda. Also has a stop in GT.

You should check out the one Bermuda cruise that Carnival has out of Port Canaveral on the Sunshine in Sep 2018. good pricing (IMO) so we're finally going to get to Bermuda. Also has a stop in GT.

Call me weird, but Bermuda isn't a place I have a desire to go to. Guess I don't like being overnight in a port. I think it would feel too much like I'm in a hotel. I have to be rocking in the ocean. But thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling I'll end up back on a Conquest Class ship. Glory, perhaps? :confused:

I get bored occasionally and drop in to see what's new. :D

I've got a few cruises booked, but nothing on Carnival currently. I did have the Vista booked next year for our annual office cruise, but jumped ship to the Escape - I think the staff will have a better time on NCL. We sailed NCL as an office a couple times in years past (Epic and Getaway) and they still talk about it. They've enjoyed the Oasis two years - and it's always a hit. I'd say the best office cruise we've had (on Carnival) would have to be the Sunshine.

We also jettisoned the Vista as the GS cabin I booked (complete with NO perks) paled in comparison to the

on the Escape. Yes, it costs more, but that's not a deciding factor for me. That cabin will be a much better place to enjoy a group sail away gathering. What I'll miss most from the Vista would be the bidet in the cabin.... NOT ! Why in the heck does Carnival persist in adding those to their Grand Suites. I wonder what percentage of their guests actually use one. Can't say I've ever seen one in the top suites on Celebrity or NCL.

We're not far off (count wise) from our next Milestone sailing (75th) with Carnival, but their lack of the following likely means we'll never make it... hope some of the "beards" read this, though I'm sure they'll shrug it off as their bottom line is doing just fine without "complainers" like me... ;)

> No full/hot room service breakfast (could they at least offer that for Platinum... or Diamond... or maybe suite guests)?

> Suite perks, as other lines we enjoy have - such as: suite lounge, suite restaurant, etc.

> Booking "bonuses" (higher categories get to choose more from list): Free internet, free specialty dining, free beverage package, free shore excursions, prepaid tips, etc..

> Past guest program - So... we "made it", "we're Diamond". Carnival really offers nothing for its loyal/repeat guests compared to other lines. I've put together entire comparative threads on this topic. WOW... so after 200 days on your ships I get (WAIT FOR IT), one dinner for two in the Steakhouse!!! yawn... The other stuff is fluff. I don't care to book a 3rd or 4th guest for free in our cabin (again, once)... We enjoy our space, peace and quiet!

Tom

None of which has anything to do with the actual topic of this thread

How true, some like to find ways to inject things into non related threads......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes - some do !

However, given that this thread was on the topic of the past guest program (Diamond/Platinum gift), it seemed a natural place to touch on those items.

Tom OUT

Yes - some do !

However, given that this thread was on the topic of the past guest program (Diamond/Platinum gift), it seemed a natural place to touch on those items.

Tom OUT

IMHO your comments do add to the discussion so hope you continue to do so.

Call me weird, but Bermuda isn't a place I have a desire to go to. Guess I don't like being overnight in a port. I think it would feel too much like I'm in a hotel. I have to be rocking in the ocean. But thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling I'll end up back on a Conquest Class ship. Glory, perhaps? :confused:

Being overnight in a port is one of the things that excites me about this cruise. Hoping to find a little night life off the ship for a change. And I'm always one to try something new, just so I can make future decisions based on my own experiences instead of how someone else perceives things.

LOVE the Conquest class......still my favorite class of ships from ANY fleet. I believe you'll enjoy the Glory. Have a great cruise, whenever it may be.

Strange, we have been Platinum for the past 3 cruises and just get a free bottle of water and 1 drink coupon each. Never a nightlight or anything nice....

Are you sure someone doesn't have you listed as Gold because that's what Gold gets. The difference in the drink coupon is Plats get to use theirs during brunch and Golds can only use theirs the last evening of the cruise.

Being overnight in a port is one of the things that excites me about this cruise. Hoping to find a little night life off the ship for a change. And I'm always one to try something new, just so I can make future decisions based on my own experiences instead of how someone else perceives things.

LOVE the Conquest class......still my favorite class of ships from ANY fleet. I believe you'll enjoy the Glory. Have a great cruise, whenever it may be.

I may go out on a limb and try the Pride from Baltimore some day. I like the 3 sea days and it's not far from me.

I may go out on a limb and try the Pride from Baltimore some day. I like the 3 sea days and it's not far from me.

Sweet!!! I'm sailing my first Spirit class (Miracle) this July. I know I'll miss the big screen but I've heard good things about the class so we'll see how it goes.

Sweet!!! I'm sailing my first Spirit class (Miracle) this July. I know I'll miss the big screen but I've heard good things about the class so we'll see how it goes.

We'll see what happens. My son said his girlfriend's family wants to take a cruise and has invited us along. So I'm weighing all my options.

Strange, we have been Platinum for the past 3 cruises and just get a free bottle of water and 1 drink coupon each. Never a nightlight or anything nice....

Definitely should check to make sure they have you listed as Plat. Was your card Platinum? What you got was Gold. No reception for Platinum/Diamond? We have always had a gift and nice party since becoming Platinum.

Definitely should check to make sure they have you listed as Plat. Was your card Platinum? What you got was Gold. No reception for Platinum/Diamond? We have always had a gift and nice party since becoming Platinum.

Just a note. Plat/Diamond parties only happen on sailings 5 nights or longer. If the poster sails on shorter cruises they wouldn't have had the parties.

Been to Bermuda some years ago and we were there for three days. Not much nightlife for us but it is a beautiful island with lots to see and do during the day. One of our favorite cruises and hope we can back in near future

Yes - some do !

Tom OUT

It was a joke.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums