New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Jamericannn

The Tervis tumblers are the only things we're still using. We did get some use from the nice Platinum tote bags they had... I don't know, TEN years ago! Those were sturdy and functional.

Aside from that, Carnival would be better off ditching the token gifts (which many discard or re-gift) and give something like... $10 off coupon for use in the gift shop or steakhouse. It would encourage some spending too. Or some % off a drink or internet package.

Lose the junk !!

Tom

We received single strap, kidney-shaped backpacks as Platinum gifts several years ago. They were nice and useful. Still use one, on the ship, to carry iPads and my planner. Nice gift.:)

I did also several years ago . . . Love it. Use it everywhere I go. Carries cameras, spare batteries, and tablet. Indispensable. I'll love the backpack, too in 3 weeks. :)

The Tervis tumblers are the only things we're still using. We did get some use from the nice Platinum tote bags they had... I don't know, TEN years ago! Those were sturdy and functional.

Aside from that, Carnival would be better off ditching the token gifts (which many discard or re-gift) and give something like... $10 off coupon for use in the gift shop or steakhouse. It would encourage some spending too. Or some % off a drink or internet package.

Lose the junk !!

Tom

My Carnival tote has been used to pieces. I teach a water class at a gym and used it a lot. It held up very well....til recently and I miss it! Would love to see them again! But I will take the backpack or the Tumblers or the nightlight and be very happy as well. Just no stationery please!

Lose the junk !!

Tom

Have not seen you around in a while....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally I would like the backpack a lot, and find it way more useful than a nightlight or stationary. The backpack would be great for me as my carryon bag to hold travel docs and the bottle of wine, and then would use it again to carry things in ports.

Of all the platinum and premier cruise gifts (so many cups and tumblers!), the only ones we have used are the night lights. Have them in all 3 bathrooms and keep one for travel. They are really nice in those super dark interior cabins. :)

Have not seen you around in a while....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get bored occasionally and drop in to see what's new. :D

I've got a few cruises booked, but nothing on Carnival currently. I did have the Vista booked next year for our annual office cruise, but jumped ship to the Escape - I think the staff will have a better time on NCL. We sailed NCL as an office a couple times in years past (Epic and Getaway) and they still talk about it. They've enjoyed the Oasis two years - and it's always a hit. I'd say the best office cruise we've had (on Carnival) would have to be the Sunshine.

We also jettisoned the Vista as the GS cabin I booked (complete with NO perks) paled in comparison to the

on the Escape. Yes, it costs more, but that's not a deciding factor for me. That cabin will be a much better place to enjoy a group sail away gathering. What I'll miss most from the Vista would be the bidet in the cabin.... NOT ! Why in the heck does Carnival persist in adding those to their Grand Suites. I wonder what percentage of their guests actually use one. Can't say I've ever seen one in the top suites on Celebrity or NCL.

We're not far off (count wise) from our next Milestone sailing (75th) with Carnival, but their lack of the following likely means we'll never make it... hope some of the "beards" read this, though I'm sure they'll shrug it off as their bottom line is doing just fine without "complainers" like me... ;)

> No full/hot room service breakfast (could they at least offer that for Platinum... or Diamond... or maybe suite guests)?

> Suite perks, as other lines we enjoy have - such as: suite lounge, suite restaurant, etc.

> Booking "bonuses" (higher categories get to choose more from list): Free internet, free specialty dining, free beverage package, free shore excursions, prepaid tips, etc..

> Past guest program - So... we "made it", "we're Diamond". Carnival really offers nothing for its loyal/repeat guests compared to other lines. I've put together entire comparative threads on this topic. WOW... so after 200 days on your ships I get (WAIT FOR IT), one dinner for two in the Steakhouse!!! yawn... The other stuff is fluff. I don't care to book a 3rd or 4th guest for free in our cabin (again, once)... We enjoy our space, peace and quiet!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I get bored occasionally and drop in to see what's new. :D

I've got a few cruises booked, but nothing on Carnival currently. I did have the Vista booked next year for our annual office cruise, but jumped ship to the Escape - I think the staff will have a better time on NCL. We sailed NCL as an office a couple times in years past (Epic and Getaway) and they still talk about it. They've enjoyed the Oasis two years - and it's always a hit. I'd say the best office cruise we've had (on Carnival) would have to be the Sunshine.

We also jettisoned the Vista as the GS cabin I booked (complete with NO perks) paled in comparison to the

on the Escape. Yes, it costs more, but that's not a deciding factor for me. That cabin will be a much better place to enjoy a group sail away gathering. What I'll miss most from the Vista would be the bidet in the cabin.... NOT ! Why in the heck does Carnival persist in adding those to their Grand Suites. I wonder what percentage of their guests actually use one. Can't say I've ever seen one in the top suites on Celebrity or NCL.

We're not far off (count wise) from our next Milestone sailing (75th) with Carnival, but their lack of the following likely means we'll never make it... hope some of the "beards" read this, though I'm sure they'll shrug it off as their bottom line is doing just fine without "complainers" like me... ;)

> No full/hot room service breakfast (could they at least offer that for Platinum... or Diamond... or maybe suite guests)?

> Suite perks, as other lines we enjoy have - such as: suite lounge, suite restaurant, etc.

> Booking "bonuses" (higher categories get to choose more from list): Free internet, free specialty dining, free beverage package, free shore excursions, prepaid tips, etc..

> Past guest program - So... we "made it", "we're Diamond". Carnival really offers nothing for its loyal/repeat guests compared to other lines. I've put together entire comparative threads on this topic. WOW... so after 200 days on your ships I get (WAIT FOR IT), one dinner for two in the Steakhouse!!! yawn... The other stuff is fluff. I don't care to book a 3rd or 4th guest for free in our cabin (again, once)... We enjoy our space, peace and quiet!

Tom

We do enjoy the diamond cocktail party or tea on bridge but other than that diamond means nothing.

We are doing more on Princess and sure wish the loyalty carried over there as it was strange to come from Diamond to newbee.

We do enjoy the diamond cocktail party or tea on bridge but other than that diamond means nothing.

We are doing more on Princess and sure wish the loyalty carried over there as it was strange to come from Diamond to newbee.

One reason we jumped at sailing on the Allure a few years ago was because our standing with Celebrity translated to an "instant" Diamond status with Royal. Carnival could learn a thing or two about "keeping it in the family".

We sailed the Liberty twice last month - just couldn't resist a Thursday-Sunday sailing out of the port on a ship with a STEAKHOUSE! The first time we attended the Diamond function with the captain in the piano bar (3:30 or so). Not really interested in snacks or drinks at that time, as I'm always eyeing the night's feast. That sailing there were two other Diamond guests - we've sailed with them a couple of times before, couldn't tell you their names - I think that they're at well over 100 sailings. They attend the function every sailing.

For our second Liberty sailing, were the only two Diamonds on the ship so I called and declined the event - no point in them putting that together for two people and, frankly, I don't have that much to talk to the captain about. He was probably relieved to be off the hook as well. :)

We did bump into him later that evening when I picked up a couple of cookies at the coffee/dessert place. When I went to pay, I was told he took care of it. SWEET !! See, just throw a little something my way (I can be bought with COOKIES!) - lol

Tom

One reason we jumped at sailing on the Allure a few years ago was because our standing with Celebrity translated to an "instant" Diamond status with Royal. Carnival could learn a thing or two about "keeping it in the family".

We sailed the Liberty twice last month - just couldn't resist a Thursday-Sunday sailing out of the port on a ship with a STEAKHOUSE! The first time we attended the Diamond function with the captain in the piano bar (3:30 or so). Not really interested in snacks or drinks at that time, as I'm always eyeing the night's feast. That sailing there were two other Diamond guests - we've sailed with them a couple of times before, couldn't tell you their names - I think that they're at well over 100 sailings. They attend the function every sailing.

For our second Liberty sailing, were the only two Diamonds on the ship so I called and declined the event - no point in them putting that together for two people and, frankly, I don't have that much to talk to the captain about. He was probably relieved to be off the hook as well. :)

We did bump into him later that evening when I picked up a couple of cookies at the coffee/dessert place. When I went to pay, I was told he took care of it. SWEET !! See, just throw a little something my way (I can be bought with COOKIES!) - lol

Tom

See, and you thought there were not any Diamond perks on Carnival.....;)

Tom

I have found the capt can be an interesting fellow to talk to.

One cruise about a year ago we were the only Diamond so we had private invite to the bridge and sat and chatted with capt over tea. Very interesting discussion. Kept us until after dinner seating and asked him for getting out of jail free card for being late for our seating:)

On another recent one there was I believe about 6 diamonds on the ship and had a cocktail party at the piano bar. Turned out we were the only ones to show and again an interesting time was had.

Lose the junk !!

Tom

Really? If you don't like the "gift" then leave it behind. Never understood why some people complain about a gift and worse yet, call it junk? Hope you don't call gifts from your family that you don't like/want "junk" as well. :rolleyes:

Really? If you don't like the "gift" then leave it behind. Never understood why some people complain about a gift and worse yet, call it junk? Hope you don't call gifts from your family that you don't like/want "junk" as well. :rolleyes:

I dont know what else you could say about the crocs or the stationary.

My family knows my tastes. If I receive something which I don't care or have a use for - at least I know it was given in the spirit of love, and I'm thankful for. The same sentiment can't extend to a corporate entity... at least not in my opinion.

They had crocs? Missed that gem !

Tom

I wouldn't know since I'm not Platinum yet but I can guarantee that someone out there appreciated those gifts. If you don't like them, fine, don't accept them but just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are junk.

My family knows my tastes. If I receive something which I don't care or have a use for - at least I know it was given in the spirit of love, and I'm thankful for. The same sentiment can't extend to a corporate entity... at least not in my opinion.

They had crocs? Missed that gem !

Tom

So based on your own words, your gift of cruises to your employees were not given in the spirit of love for your employees and therefore if they told you the cruise you decided to take them on sucked, it obviously wouldn't bother you in the slightest since the sentiment can't extend to a corporate entity. :rolleyes:

The child like behavior of some on here is amazing. Carnival does not owe us any gift. I gladly take and use what is given to me. I think is is rude to say you need to give me this or that or I'm never sailing Carnival again. Fine. Glad some of you have found another line that meets your needs.

I bring all the "loyalty gifts" home. Most of those things end up at Goodwill.

The soaps and shampoo (from ships/hotels) we don't use -- a local abused women's shelter, along with things we personally donate.

Just because I don't care for something Carnival has given me (yes, even things I've called "junk" here), doesn't mean that they go to waste.

Tom

I bring all the "loyalty gifts" home. Most of those things end up at Goodwill.

The soaps and shampoo (from ships/hotels) we don't use -- a local abused women's shelter, along with things we personally donate.

Just because I don't care for something Carnival has given me (yes, even things I've called "junk" here), doesn't mean that they go to waste.

Tom

The issue isn't whether or not the items get used by you, someone else, or even end up in the trash can. It's the attitude that something freely given by someone (whether a person or a corporation) without a requirement to do so to a person would be considered "junk". And to openly admit it, or even worse, asking for something else in exchange would be considered by many to be a major faux pas and downright rude.

The issue isn't whether or not the items get used by you, someone else, or even end up in the trash can. It's the attitude that something freely given by someone (whether a person or a corporation) without a requirement to do so to a person would be considered "junk". And to openly admit it, or even worse, asking for something else in exchange would be considered by many to be a major faux pas and downright rude.

Very well stated. This needs a like button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't know since I'm not Platinum yet but I can guarantee that someone out there appreciated those gifts. If you don't like them, fine, don't accept them but just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are junk.

During the time when they were giving out the crocs there were many threads on here saying what a useless gift it was. We didnt go on a cruise when they offered it.

Did get the next one which was stationary. It was the thinnest paper ever made and the packaging must have cost much more than the stationary.

Having said this they have given us quite a few good and useful gifts which we use on a regular basis.

This is cruise critic where we get to give our opinions on things.