Do you think shorts are okay in the MDR for dinner?

Do you think shorts are appropriate in the MDR for dinner?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think shorts are appropriate in the MDR for dinner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't really care

I am one who doesn't mind dressing up - I actually enjoy it. And truthfully, I don't like seeing people wear poolside attire (tshirts, tank tops & flip flops) to the MDR.

However, I DO wear shorts, but the ones I wear are made of a satin dressy material & I pair it with heels and a nice evening top.

So to answer the question, I guess it is HOW you wear them. Men with nice dressy shorts, slip on deck shoes and a nice clean pressed collared shirt, would seem quite acceptable - especially on a Carribbean cruise.

Just not on formal night.

I voted yes to the poll:) Shorts are fine but they really should think twice about tank tops. Isn't there a saying "clothes make the person" or something like that? I guess dining room personnel don't want the hassle of arguing with a passenger so they don't say anything on the way they are dressed. I remember only once a man was told to leave due to wearing shorts, now that will be the norm!! Go figure, they want those cabins filled, that's the bottom line.

If it were just nice shorts, that would be no problem. But, knowing how these things go, the shorts will be complimented with tank top and baseball cap.

Wait, that's what I just wore on today's hot, sweaty excursion! Since my clothes are OK for MDR, no need to shower!

The kind of clothes you wear shouldn't indicate whether you need to shower before dinner. But it's always taken to that extreme to make a point.

A clean person, in nice shorts, golf shirt and casual shoes should not be an issue at dinner in the MDR

I wish you could edit that to say "do you think nice shorts and a nice shirt are okay in the MDR for dinner"? Most picture the worst when you say just shorts (swimming shorts, jean shorts, cargo shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, etc) The funny thing is before it started happening, my reaction would be heck no, it's not ok. Times are a changing LOL. I go on my cruise in September and I can't imagine wearing shorts, but maybe the culture will change enough by then I'll won't think twice about it.

However, I DO wear shorts, but the ones I wear are made of a satin dressy material & I pair it with heels and a nice evening top.

I tried that once and got far too many strange looks...but then I'm a guy. :D

While I don't wear them in the evening...it doesn't bother me if others do so I voted accordingly.

No, seems to me RCCL is heading in the wrong direction, dress code is just one thing, quality of food in MDR and WJ and getting rid of some of the entertainment. Good chance next year we will go back and try other lines or Sandals

We sail April 8 and I just put my dressy shirt and top back in the closet. I have never packed "so casual" for a cruise. I guess it is a case of "go with the flo."

No longer wear shorts but have lots of capri's and DH has dress shorts. Please tell me they are not allowing cut off jean shorts that are in tatters.

Nice clean respectful shorts paired with a top that is modest is fine with me. That said, are we going to have dress codes banning see through materials, breasts hanging out of formal dresses, and slinky gown two sizes too tight? Oh, and will someone put up a sign reminding people to remove their caps.