Oceania Insignia

st5310

I believe the square footage of a sky suite is 255 square feet- I though the olife perk include air- we would definitely want the Prestige package as we enjoy cocktails. We drink a little wine and no beer. The CC staterooms are 195 square feet- It just seems that the price is high for the penthouse suites on Oceania-so I really would be leaning towards a cc stateroom- but we want to have storage and room to walk around.

The inside of the CC is actually 165 sq ft plus the balcony

We find the cabins well laid out with storage etc but there is little space to pass between the end of the bed & the wall

so the PH would be a better fit for your needs unless you can compromise on the smaller space

You could go with a B cabin to save $$ as they are the same as the A & C cabins size wise

The airfare is separate from the O Life perks

you can take the air credit but still choose one of the O Life perks or just take the cruise only fare

you could take the OBC & use it against the drink package

or as I said before take the drink package as the O Life perk & upgrade onboard

Even though the OP asked about a PH suite, I just want to mention to some readers who haven't sailed Oceania but have experience with HAL, that the size of the bathrooms in all non-suite cabins is tiny compared to HAL bathrooms. We were on one Insignia cruise (Cuba) and keep on the looking at the multitude of mailings we get from Oceania, but the size of that bathroom keeps us from booking one of their smaller ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even though the OP asked about a PH suite, I just want to mention to some readers who haven't sailed Oceania but have experience with HAL, that the size of the bathrooms in all non-suite cabins is tiny compared to HAL bathrooms. We were on one Insignia cruise (Cuba) and keep on the looking at the multitude of mailings we get from Oceania, but the size of that bathroom keeps us from booking one of their smaller ships.

Yes if you need a larger bathroom do NOT book an R Ship unless in PH and above

We are OK with the lower cabins but many people are not

Have sailed on Hal. Never again. If you aren’t in the haven the crowds like Black Friday. Haven very expensive. Never again

Have sailed on Hal. Never again. If you aren’t in the haven the crowds like Black Friday. Haven very expensive. Never again. Also tiny regular cabins

Interesting priority. When comparing with HAL, you may want to be putting the emphasis on the far superior dining experiences and other amenities provided by Oceania. Also, look at the "O Life" Included perks (including airfare/air credit et al.) which would be extra cost items on HAL).

Interesting priority. When comparing with HAL, you may want to be putting the emphasis on the far superior dining experiences and other amenities provided by Oceania. Also, look at the "O Life" Included perks (including airfare/air credit et al.) which would be extra cost items on HAL).

I was just pointing out to new cruisers to Oceania that while the on board experience is very good in terms of food and ambiance, etc, the size of the cabin/bathroom on the smaller ships can come as a surprise. It did for us.

The inside of the CC is actually 165 sq ft plus the balcony /quote]

Hi Lyn :champagne-toast: What is a "CC" stateroom? (I'm sure I should know that but am having a slow morning...)

The inside of the CC is actually 165 sq ft plus the balcony /quote]

Hi Lyn :champagne-toast: What is a "CC" stateroom? (I'm sure I should know that but am having a slow morning...)

concierge cabin "A"

Hope you are both doing well

Lyn

For what it’s worth...we sailed on Regatta to the Baltic in PHP three years ago and loved it. I’m on the Aug. 14 sailing on Insignia from NYC with my two sisters, one cousin, one niece and one (9 year old) grand niece, in veranda staterooms. I will miss the extra room space and the drawers in the tiny bathroom. We previously sailed on Regent to Alaska and LOVED the size of the stateroom and bath (and walk-in closet), but...you know...you mostly just sleep in your room.

The food on Oceania is delicious (and food is important to me), in MDR, specialty restaurants, Terrace Cafe and pool grill (lobster/prime rib sandwich, hold the prime rib!...and great malts/milkshakes). The ship is small and there aren’t too many people all over it. Getting on and off moves right along, in port. Never went to the nightly entertainment.

The spa (Canyon Ranch) is pricy, but had a great leg/foot massage. The fitness area is well equipped.

If anyone is bored on the sea days because there’s nothing much to do, join us for cutthroat Yahtzee tournaments!

you can take the air credit but still choose one of the O Life perks or just take the cruise only fare

Question which I am sure many New Yorkers and South Floridians can answer: If you live in the metro area from where ship embarks, are you entitled to an airfare credit? We are moving to NY next year, so I am curious.

Edited by edgee
clarity

Question which I am sure many New Yorkers and South Floridians can answer: If you live in the metro area from where ship embarks, are you entitled to an airfare credit? We are moving to NY next year, so I am curious.

I do not see why not

The fare is the same no matter where you live in the USA :D

I do not see why not

The fare is the same no matter where you live in the USA :D

For Edgee

There are very, very few cruises which are round trip NYC.

Typically, what you save when leaving from NYC is the supplement which is charged for using a non-gateway Airport.

There are many threads on this topic. It may take concise wording to find them!

If you are talking about the Grand Dining Room, the "country club casual" description fits. Men don't need jackets or ties. (Pants are required, however!) Women dress the way they'd go to a nice but not necessarily expensive restaurant. Pants suits. Dressy tops with slacks. Nothing very formal.

In the specialty restaurants people tend to dress up a bit more, especially the men. There you will be more jackets. But when we were in Polo 10 days ago on Riviera I took the trouble to look around me. I only saw two jackets on men at two tables where my view was of perhaps 15 tables. Now, the people next to us were VERY dressed down. Their apparel was more appropriate for Terrace than a specialty restaurant, but they passed muster with the maitre d'. (Old jeans although NOT adorned with open spaces, older t-shirts.)

As to Terrace, in the evening you can be very dressed down.

You shouldn't worry. You will see very few evening gowns on an Oceania cruise!

Mura

For Edgee

There are very, very few cruises which are round trip NYC.

Typically, what you save when leaving from NYC is the supplement which is charged for using a non-gateway Airport.

StanandJim, I realize that there are not a lot of RT NYC itineraries, but we have in the past enjoyed a quick getaway the summer RT NYC itineraries the Insignia sails. Figuring we will enjoy them more often when we live in the NY area...thus my reason for asking.

Also, look at the "O Life" Included perks (including airfare/air credit et al.) which would be extra cost items on HAL).

But in fairness, O Life is not free. On my NYC cruise in August, it was $500 more per person compared to the base fare for a 10 day cruise. $200 was for airfare,. Then $300 either gets you $300 in (non-refundable) OBC, 3 excursions or a drink package. So the best you can say is discounted airfare and drink package or excursions.

I chose not to take O Life since I didn't need any of the three options and don't need airfare since I can drive to the port. Also, they advertise free Internet with the package, but Internet is free for everyone as of earlier this year so it's no longer relevant (although they haven't changed their advertising and make it seem like you need O Life to get it).

But in fairness, O Life is not free. On my NYC cruise in August, it was $500 more per person compared to the base fare for a 10 day cruise. $200 was for airfare,. Then $300 either gets you $300 in (non-refundable) OBC, 3 excursions or a drink package. So the best you can say is discounted airfare and drink package or excursions.

I chose not to take O Life since I didn't need any of the three options and don't need airfare since I can drive to the port. Also, they advertise free Internet with the package, but Internet is free for everyone as of earlier this year so it's no longer relevant (although they haven't changed their advertising and make it seem like you need O Life to get it).

From reading this Post, it is apparent that you are confusing the "Air Included" prices with e "O Life Only" prices.

From reading this Post, it is apparent that you are confusing the "Air Included" prices with e "O Life Only" prices.

Really? Looking at the 10 night cruise out of NYC that I booked, the difference between the "Cruise Only Fare" and the "O Life Choice Fare" is $500 per person. I know that when I did a test booking on the website that $200 came off when I said that I did not need air, so the O Life without air charge was clearly $300.

Explain how I am confused. And how $500 is not the "Air Included" price.

Really? Looking at the 10 night cruise out of NYC that I booked, the difference between the "Cruise Only Fare" and the "O Life Choice Fare" is $500 per person. I know that when I did a test booking on the website that $200 came off when I said that I did not need air, so the O Life without air charge was clearly $300.

Explain how I am confused. And how $500 is not the "Air Included" price.

I might be confused too. Actually I am confused. When I booked with a travel agent, I did not take the air or shore excursions but I got a $400 OBC. Not sure if that is cruise only or O Life since I got the OBC. I would rather not have the OBC and have the $400 deducted since it does not seem that it would be that easy to use up on Oceania, but I am unfamiliar with Oceania bookings. I got a pretty good fare which I don't want to jepordize.

I might be confused too. Actually I am confused. When I booked with a travel agent, I did not take the air or shore excursions but I got a $400 OBC. Not sure if that is cruise only or O Life since I got the OBC. I would rather not have the OBC and have the $400 deducted since it does not seem that it would be that easy to use up on Oceania, but I am unfamiliar with Oceania bookings. I got a pretty good fare which I don't want to jepordize.

I would ask your TA if the OBC is part of the O Life perk or not then.

If you will not use it then why have it

Are you getting prepaid gratuities from the TA?

Your OBC could be used for them if not

I would ask your TA if the OBC is part of the O Life perk or not then.

If you will not use it then why have it

Are you getting prepaid gratuities from the TA?

Your OBC could be used for them if not

I am not getting prepaid gratuities. My usual bill for gratuities and alcoholic beverages runs about $185. It is a 7 day cruise. Since internet is included and there is no fee for specialty restaurants that leaves $215. I have never used a spa so I don’t know where I would spend that $215. Maybe you have some ideas.