2018 Reflection refurbishment

jpodds

We were on the January 2 sailing of Reflection. We saw electricians replacing large cables in the ceilings of one corridor. The last day we saw workers bringing stacks of packages that looked like tiles to a conference room. I had the idea work was going on during much of the cruise, but it was pretty much behind the scenes, maybe at night. I know from other pre-dry dock cruises we have sailed that the work doesn't wait for the dry dock. Much of the prep work begins before the ship even arrives at the dry dock.

We are returning to Reflection in a month for the Mardi Gras cruise. I will be eager to see what actually did happen, if it is even noticeable at all.

See you there!

We aren't back on Reflection until October 2018 so will be anxiously awaiting to hear about all of the updates/changes! We love the Reflection so am excited to learn more.

Thank you for the awesome pictures! So appreciated!

They won’t move the spa and exercise area. They are too massive and there’s no place else on the ship for them to go. I do think you are on the right track about those other areas on decks 14-16 at the front of the ship though. If they took the Sky Lounge they could actually move both Michael’s Club and Luminae there. The conference center would get bumped but maybe that could go in the old space on Deck 5 where the Celebrity bookings used to be. On the deck above that it would mean the teen and kid’s areas would be cut, but maybe they could go down to 4 and replace Quasar and Celebrity Central. Then put a new nightclub where Cellar Masters is now. That area near the Martini Bar has been featuring a DJ lately anyway and is very popular so that could be a good fit. The only thing in the upper decks then that I’m not sure could be repurposed would be the basketball court. Meanwhile, with the original Michael’s Club and Luminae spaces available, perhaps those could be turned into new dining venues based on things on Edge that could be open to everyone. So at least if some things are taken away from the general access they could replace them with new venues. Having more dining options open to everyone and a new nightclub would be big pluses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there would be a tremendous outcry from the 90+ percent of passengers who are NOT in suites if Celebrity takes the Sky Lounge away from them !!!

I think there would be a tremendous outcry from the 90+ percent of passengers who are NOT in suites if Celebrity takes the Sky Lounge away from them !!!

Completely agree. Would be a deal breaker for us. We love the forward viewing area for sail away including the Elite plus cocktail hour. One of the reasons we choose the S Class ships over competitors is the Sky Lounge,

Look what is next to the drydock...

LUp8cZDrQk2vW7A0u2Wqcw.png

Additional decking? Movie/Taste of Film add on? Or perhaps random metal, coincidentally alongside?

A lot of times when such blocks are prefabricated they get at least a primer or the first layers of base color so this one, really not sure and where on earth will it go topside on Reflection, even at all? Probably seeing ghosts... :D

I'm thinking with the limited time schedule of this drydock, combined with the fact that those blocks are in such a "rough" state that they are not intended for Reflection. IF they were being installed they would be much more complete AND site/prep work would have already been well underway onboard the ship and/or the installation process should have already begun .... so yeah - ghosts most definitely - LOL

Once they start re doing ships, they are never as nice as the original.....

They monkeyed around with Century, taking out the T pool, put in an ice bar, and changed other areas, and made a mess.

Then they went on to M class where they added and moved restaurants around, making some passways awkward. Took away the nice flower shop and treed atrium....(I think that was M class??) Removed nicer restaurants..

Next up S Class.......they already changed Quasar into a Conf area , and truncated top lounge on Ref....

In the next round, hope they don't change too much of the current common space for us "commoners"!

Then they went on to M class where they added and moved restaurants around, making some passways awkward. Took away the nice flower shop and treed atrium....(I think that was M class??) Removed nicer restaurants..

Agree with you about M class. It’s a shame they made the flow so awkward. And why, oh why, did they destroy the lovely restaurants in favor of Tuscan Grill?

There are beautiful treed atriums in S class, if you mean the lovely trees suspended from the ceiling.

I too hope we don’t lose pleasant and well-used common area on S class.

Was hoping for more photos of the work being done. Guess they will be sailing to Port Everglades late evening tonight or early morning tomorrow to resume cruising.

I am off-grid at the moment, sorry, there are some more photos posted on Instagram with the #CelebrityReflection hashtag.