A fall in the Ruby theatre

esper10

If the hand rails were not there that would be a a safety problem. Hand rails are a basic safety feature for any stairs. I'm fairly certain the designers know all the codes and follow them.

With the above mentioned it is may experience that after a show is over the staff turns out the house lights, and the CD speaks about nothing. Some CD's speak long, some very short. At least half the theater exits in the dark during that time, and that is truly a safety issue. If the incident happened during that dark time then there is a valid complaint. Princess needs to change the practice. When a show is over, turn on the house lights, let the passengers exit. No need for a review of activities from the CD, it's all in the patter, or your smart devices.

Going up and down the stairstep levels in Princess theaters would be a lot more dangerous without those rails, especially in crowds and /or in the dark!!

I use them religiously, as I have a healthy fear of falling, and am grateful for their presence, as I am certain are many other older cruisers.

I am so sorry that your mom had a bad fall and hope she recovers with no lasting issues.

Those railings in that configuration at the top of the stairs in the Princess Theater are on at least 3 Princess ships (Ruby/Emerald/Crown).

Those 3 ships have been sailing a combined 30 years.

Won't discuss the time DD walked straight into an HC parking sign pole.

Hope your mother heals quickly.

My DD walked into a parking sign pole, fell on her rear and loudly said "Motherrrr". Obviously, it was my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My DW falls in the theater almost every time if we try to leave before the house lights come up and that's with me hanging on to her in addition to the railings. I think Princess should bring the house lights up, to at least 75%, right when the show ends. Do we need to "see" the CD on stage or the stairs as we are all trying to exit in the dark?

My DW falls in the theater almost every time if we try to leave before the house lights come up and that's with me hanging on to her in addition to the railings. I think Princess should bring the house lights up, to at least 75%, right when the show ends. Do we need to "see" the CD on stage or the stairs as we are all trying to exit in the dark?

You're not supposed to race out before at the head of the masses. The lights come on full brightness at the end of the show.

Besides that you'll get in my way.:D

Edited by floridalover5623

My DD walked into a parking sign pole, fell on her rear and loudly said "Motherrrr". Obviously, it was my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Years ago my daughter fell in the work parking lot. We worked together. I thought we had lunch plans and two minutes before we were to leave she told me she made other plans. I got pissed and told her that she was rude to tell me last minute. So, she went outside to have a smoke and calm down. While out there she stepped in a dip in the pavement and rolled down the driveway. She seriously broke her ankle and it took years for it to heal. She blames me to this day (although now she smiles when she does it).

If I hadn't of gotten mad at her she wouldn't have smoked which means she would have been inside and not fell and rolled down the driveway, right?

There isn't a wall or door I haven't walked into or driveway/road I haven't rolled down. I just have to look at it and bam! I'm hurt. We were at Disneyland by the pool. I kicked the wheel on the lounger. My DD laughs at me and says, does it hurt, does it really really hurt? Is it turning pretty colors. I go into the park and come back an hour or so later. Guess what. She did the same thing. Guess what I said to her? I also added that God doesn't like people being mean to their mamas.

At some point we all have to take responsibility for our own selves. We were in Australia. I missed the bar stool sitting back down in the hotel. The next day we were returning to LA. I ended up with a broken tail bone. Shattered one third of my tailbone. I called the doctor because I fell at the airport in LA by walking off the curb before we left and "dropping" down, rolled in the ditch - the whole deal. That same trip I was walking into the restaurant holding my DGS. The deck was wet, I was wearing rubber thongs I went flying just as I entered. Hurt me knee again. It was no one's fault per se. I guess I could have contacted the ship and told them not to wash down the deck and the hotel to have them remove tall bar stools and the City of LA to put up notices not to walk off the curb. Or I could just take responsibility for me own actions.

Was my 12 day cruise affected. You bet. I limped and I hurt all over. When I look back and we all tell the story we laugh at what happened because it just did.

Where are you trying to get to -- has your time on the parking meter run out?

This could be a serious problem. Has this happened to anyone else or bumped into the rail with injury, speak up. If everyone remains silent Princess won't be aware of the problem.

The people on board the ship were notified when she fell. They told them it wasn't a problem until the next day when they changed their mind and said now it was an issue. They even went to the doctor and filed a report. How much more "notifying" do you think should have been made. Apparently it has happened to no one else on CC (so far) but many have said that it is the opposite, that the railing has helped them. No one involved was "silent".

Such a strange comment for this thread. Why would you react as if this were a life and death situation and why would you think that if this really were a problem that others wouldn't have reported it to staff. You almost sound as if you are somehow related to the OP and needing others to "speak up" so that it will help with your cause.

The people on board the ship were notified when she fell. They told them it wasn't a problem until the next day when they changed their mind and said now it was an issue. They even went to the doctor and filed a report. How much more "notifying" do you think should have been made. Apparently it has happened to no one else on CC (so far) but many have said that it is the opposite, that the railing has helped them. No one involved was "silent".

Such a strange comment for this thread. Why would you react as if this were a life and death situation and why would you think that if this really were a problem that others wouldn't have reported it to staff. You almost sound as if you are somehow related to the OP and needing others to "speak up" so that it will help with your cause.

Some times the effects of a fall do not show up immediately. My mom fell on a princess shore excursion. It is just over two weeks but we just learned she might have ligament damage in the knee which she had replaced years ago

I am amazed at the heartless comments here. But as a diehard princess fan I am more surprised at their lack of concern while onboard. No a single follow up after she went to medical with her legs torn up.

But the damage was more than superficial. It may be another week or so before we know the full extent.

And in my opinion the fall is 100% on the tour providedr (And Princess as we purchased through them) the first step was too high and no assistance was provided.

But the point is that sometimes it takes time for the effects to be felt.

Some times the effects of a fall do not show up immediately. My mom fell on a princess shore excursion. It is just over two weeks but we just learned she might have ligament damage in the knee which she had replaced years ago

But the damage was more than superficial. It may be another week or so before we know the full extent.

And in my opinion the fall is 100% on the tour providedr (And Princess as we purchased through them) the first step was too high and no assistance was provided.

But the point is that sometimes it takes time for the effects to be felt.

Are you saying your mother asked for assistance and they refused to give her any?

Are you saying your mother asked for assistance and they refused to give her any?

Exactly! Did your Mom ask for help? Did YOU or anyone else in your party offer to help her down the first step? As I have gotten older,I have learned to ASK for help if I think I need it. I have NEVER been refused. Whether on a cruise ship or at a store, I have never been refused. And the group of friends that I travel with - we look out for each other!

If anyone is that unsteady going down the steps they should just sit to the rear of the theater and not venture down the steps. I've seen plenty of people who could hardly walk try the same thing. The back rows are specifically designated for those individuals.

And what happens if any of those individuals also have limited eyesight-as I do? Even with a telescopic monocular lens to magnify the performers, it can still be challenging to adequately see the stage area. I've had someone behind complain-loudly-when I moved and blocked his view-he was told by a Dr who's wife knew me, "She's Legally Blind and trying to focus on the performer with her Monocular Lens." The moaner shut up in a hurry, I was sitting in the end seat to minimise any disruption and he knew it!

Equally, I would try to check out my accessibility in the venue in peace and quiet so I could make an informed decision whether attending the performance was both safe and practical for me. I travel solo, and when using stairs, need to rely on walking sticks which are tiring for extended walking. I prefer the Atrium with the pianist playing at night-get myself a drink and a plate of cookies from the International Café and settle in a chair with my crocheting to enjoy the music and the sing-along on the Golden Princess.

I'm grateful that someone posted about a potential problem, I am now aware of the possible falling risk.

And what happens if any of those individuals also have limited eyesight-as I do? Even with a telescopic monocular lens to magnify the performers, it can still be challenging to adequately see the stage area. I've had someone behind complain-loudly-when I moved and blocked his view-he was told by a Dr who's wife knew me, "She's Legally Blind and trying to focus on the performer with her Monocular Lens." The moaner shut up in a hurry, I was sitting in the end seat to minimise any disruption and he knew it!

Equally, I would try to check out my accessibility in the venue in peace and quiet so I could make an informed decision whether attending the performance was both safe and practical for me. I travel solo, and when using stairs, need to rely on walking sticks which are tiring for extended walking. I prefer the Atrium with the pianist playing at night-get myself a drink and a plate of cookies from the International Café and settle in a chair with my crocheting to enjoy the music and the sing-along on the Golden Princess.

I'm grateful that someone posted about a potential problem, I am now aware of the possible falling risk.

Enter the theater from deck 6 near the stage?