What are your requests with the Room Steward upon arrival to your cabin?

thesmiths

For those that do the pre-tip on first day do you find you get better service for the week? We always tip extra on the next to last night of cruise. Considering splitting it 20/20 instead of typical 40 at end? Any comparison would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that do the pre-tip on first day do you find you get better service for the week? We always tip extra on the next to last night of cruise. Considering splitting it 20/20 instead of typical 40 at end? Any comparison would be appreciated!

I have always found them giving a little extra when I tip on first day. They have so many more cabins now but always remember my name.

Keep the ice bucket full, leave our towel animals, empty the fridge and remove all counter water, twice a day service, extra towels, money left on the ice tray is their money.

We tip $2.00 - $5.00 per day, last day is between $10 and $20 depending how they did.

Our experience has been we either get the $2 and $10 at the end steward or the $5 and $20 at the end steward. Don't get me wrong we have never had a bad room steward, it just seems that we get the "doing their job ($2/$10)" or going above and beyond ($5/$20).

We have list that we leave for our cabin steward:

Please make the bed with the duvet under the fitted sheet.

Please make the bed with a blanket on top of the bed.

Please service the room twice daily.

Please leave two Fun Times nightly.

Please keep the ice bucket full.

Please supply robes.

Please supply extra laundry bags and laundry forms.

We usually tip on the first day. If service was exceptional, we tip again on the last night.

Beds in configuration requested online (which happens about 1/2 the time; I suspect it's easier for them to leave it as it was for the prior cruisers and hope that's what we, the new occupants, want or will accept). Will leave $20 if the bed needs to be reconfigured on Sail Away Day.

Now it sounds like we will be asking for Carnival robes.

No ice. No towel animals (but if they are created, they are appreciated).

We are beyond easy, two extra pillows, and in case you see a lost child named Drew, he is ours. But be careful he is Autistic, so he might not respond to verbal commands. Then we cross our fingers that Drew doesn't have a meltdown and wreck the room.