Booking Pre/Post Hotels through Oceania??????

St Paul Girl

Hi Everyone:

Is there a way to check out/book pre/post hotels on the Oceania website? We are doing our own airfare as we have lots of points but would like to see what Oceania has to offer for hotels/transfers before and after the cruise.

I have through the website and can't seem to find anything. We have mo problem with doing everything our selves, just want to check out what Oceania has to ffer.

Thanks and Happy Sailing

on the website go to the cruise you are booking under the tab HOTELS & LAND (just above the itinerary) it will give you the pre & post hotels with pricing PP

You can then compare with what you can on your own then decide what works for you

It can be very instructive to see what hotels O is using, and what they are charging for the privilege ... and then going to the hotel website and seeing what it would cost you to book on your own. We have done that once or twice (I mean staying at the same hotel but independently), although usually we don't use their hotels -- simply because we tend NOT to book five star hotels.

It can be very instructive to see what hotels O is using, and what they are charging for the privilege ... and then going to the hotel website and seeing what it would cost you to book on your own. We have done that once or twice (I mean staying at the same hotel but independently), although usually we don't use their hotels -- simply because we tend NOT to book five star hotels.

Yes, we just want to see what Oceania has to offer for upper end hotels. I do agree with checking out what is being offered. We are very experienced travellers so just want to see what's out there.

We always book our own hotels and get our own transfers..unless as someone earlier said you like to burn money!! discount web sites or hotels own websites offer much better pricing and if you join their club you may get a complimentary upgrade upon check in.

Yes, we just want to see what Oceania has to offer for upper end hotels. I do agree with checking out what is being offered. We are very experienced travellers so just want to see what's out there.

Experienced travelers will always book their own hotels and transfers.

Booking with the cruise line makes sense for inexperienced or insecure travelers, elderly and perhaps physically challenged people who are willing to pay a premium for the convenience and security of cruise line made arrangements.

experienced travelers will always book their own hotels and transfers.

Booking with the cruise line makes sense for inexperienced or insecure travelers, elderly and perhaps physically challenged people who are willing to pay a premium for the convenience and security of cruise line made arrangements.

+ 100%

I think the operative word in your post, Paul, is insecure travelers. Because there is nothing Oceania or any other cruise line can do for an elderly or physically challenged traveler that can't be arranged by their TA including cheaper rooms and a private car and driver for transfers which will still cost far less.

I think the operative word in your post, Paul, is insecure travelers. Because there is nothing Oceania or any other cruise line can do for an elderly or physically challenged traveler that can't be arranged by their TA including cheaper rooms and a private car and driver for transfers which will still cost far less.

You are very right, but there are some people who want 1 stop shopping and do not care how much more it costs. If there were not enough of them out there Oceania would not go to the trouble to arrange these hotels and transfers. I know it is costly for them to do this.

I also agree with you, but it is literally impossible to dissuade (insert adjective here) people from the notion that booking an item through the Cruise Line, be it a Shore Excursion or a hotel stay, also buys them an additional level of care.

To add to Pauls summation, this would also apply to shore excursions. ....for those who for whatever reason are unable or un willing to do take the time and effort to plan their own shore activities.... and want someone to do it for them...;p

I also agree with you, but it is literally impossible to dissuade (insert adjective here) people from the notion that booking an item through the Cruise Line, be it a Shore Excursion or a hotel stay, also buys them an additional level of care.

If they think so and are willing to pay for it that is their right and if they are happy with what they are doing it is O.K. Far be it for me to tell them what to do. Have my own problems.

I'm not at all sure that everyone is being judgmental here. Just because I choose to book my own hotel, take a cab, often book independent tours doesn't mean I feel superior to those who want to do otherwise.

I am reminded of a CC friend who didn't take ship's tours solely because her husband was disabled from a stroke and would have held others up. But she was booking private tours for the two of them -- a lot pricier than those of us who look for 3-4 other couples to share.

I did see a few Oceania hotel offers (not recently!) that actually were priced per couple rather than per person. They were still more expensive than if you booked the hotel on your own BUT there were some benefits from O so it did work out. But as I say, it was only a couple of ports and at least two years ago.

I'm still waiting to see those offers again ... not that we're likely to take them.

Mura

I'm not at all sure that everyone is being judgmental here. Just because I choose to book my own hotel, take a cab, often book independent tours doesn't mean I feel superior to those who want to do otherwise.

I am reminded of a CC friend who didn't take ship's tours solely because her husband was disabled from a stroke and would have held others up. But she was booking private tours for the two of them -- a lot pricier than those of us who look for 3-4 other couples to share.

I did see a few Oceania hotel offers (not recently!) that actually were priced per couple rather than per person. They were still more expensive than if you booked the hotel on your own BUT there were some benefits from O so it did work out. But as I say, it was only a couple of ports and at least two years ago.

I'm still waiting to see those offers again ... not that we're likely to take them.

Mura

Don't remember any offers like that, but also were not looking for them as we all ways saw that O's hotels were much more costly than doing it yourself. Everyone has to do what they think is best for them, not what I think. Have a great trip and sleep soundly.

Indeed, it was highly unusual. I was hoping they would continue ... again, not because we thought we'd use them but because they were far more helpful to passengers.

I suppose I just happened to be looking at those ports. Not sure if it was because we were going to be there ... sometimes people ask questions that I try to answer, and at those times I will do some research.

Prior to that it was ALWAYS per person at far more $$$ than you could find on your own. Which has been the case since then.

I remind you all of the passenger we met in London in 2015 at a Marriott. He was a platinum member with Marriott but had booked through Oceania, not realizing that the hotel WAS a Marriott. (Marriott was not on the name. Perhaps it was a license situation) He and his wife were very unhappy to find out they were spending at least twice as much as they could have.

Mura

Has anyone had experience with the 3 day pre/post cruise packages that are being offered on some of the Asian cruises. Or we can take a $700 credit against the price of the cruise. Near as I can figure, it includes hotels, some interesting tours, and a transfer to/ from the ship and to/from the airport.

Mary

Knowing all the time I burn screening potential hotels, I can envision why some might go the route of booking hotels through the cruise line. A busy professional who puts a dollar value equivalent to their earnings in researching these things, might just rather let someone else do the planning and logistics.

As we've gotten older we've found ourselves taking some easier options in our travel planning. For us, it's just scheduling hotel limousine pickups, rather than dealing with taxis right off a long flight. For others, I imagine, they might want a seamless transfer from flight to hotel to ship.

I fondly remember a free flight to Australia we scored many years ago on a wierd Northwest Airlines promotion ( fly to London in spring and get a free trip to Australia later in the year). It involved flying from Detroit to JFK to Osaka (longish layover) then to Sydney, in a packed economy ( with all the other cheapskates that had found the deal). You couldn't pay me to do that again at this age...but 25 years ago, it was great. We all migrate in our vacation planning as we get older and have more money to burn.

I would imagine that those posting on CC generally like to take a more active role in their vacation planning. But, some would rather not be bothered and O provides that option...at a cost.

We usually book our own hotels and transfers. But for our trip starting in Beijing we made an exception. We easily booked our local excursions with the O rep in the lobby and they were excellent. We investigated the hotel offered excursions and found out the tour bus makes the rounds of other hotels picking people up. A waste of time in our opinion. Also we understand that not all taxis that offer transportation to the port are authorized on the dock property.

I have lived in Asia (Japan) and am generally comfortable in that part of the world but using O offered hotel, transfers and excursions made sense for us in this instance.