Cabanas wort leg cost in labadee

jpolm

So I can book a cabana rather huge but best price. Is it worth it or better to just get there and get chairs. We are most likely going to make this a relaxing beach swim kind of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I got one three years ago, well worth it! Does anyone know what they cost now and do you have to be staying in a suite to rent one?

The cabanas at Barefoot Beach are offered to suite guests first via the Concierge. The cabanas at Nellie's Beach are open to anyone via the website.

Only you can decide if it's worth it or not. We have sailed the last two times (Allure & Oasis) with young grandchildren and large family groups so the cabanas on BB were definitely worth it for us.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anybody in a suite been able to book one once they get on board?

We have always gotten the cheapest, I think S2 & S3, which worked great with small kids. In the past I have always contacted the concierge in advance.

I got one three years ago, well worth it! Does anyone know what they cost now and do you have to be staying in a suite to rent one?

These are the latest prices taken from our Anthem Cruise Planner. Barefoot Beach Cabanas, open to GS and above.

Barefoot Beach - Standard Cabana------$295

Barefoot Beach - Cabana Waterfront ----$395

Barefoot Beach - Hilltop Cabana----------$395

Barefoot Beach - Over The Water Cabana----$495

Nellie's Beach Cabanas are open to all

Beach Cabana - Over The Water At Nellie's Beach------$495

Beach Cabana At Nellie's Beach-----$395

Beach Bungalows-----$250

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=LAB

I'll go ahead and put myself out there to get flamed...NOT worth it. I am definitely not a cheapskate, I promise, but I can't fathom the thought of paying that kind of money for a beach day.

If you get off the ship on the earlier side, you can snag lounge chairs in a nice shady spot and have a FREE beach day. That's one benefit to Labadee- it can be a completely free day if you're just a beach dweller. (Now maybe if you have a group of like 10 or more splitting the cost, it might be worth it to have a 'home base'...but even then...)

There are plenty of loungers. If your main plan is to lounge in a chair, then jump in the water, and then grab some food...i don't see why it's necessary. But that's just me- we are low maintenance beach people.

Clearly we are in the minority, because there plenty of suckers - ahem, travelers- who are shelling out big bucks for these. ;p (If they weren't, RCCL wouldn't be building them in every doggone nook and cranny on that little peninsula!)

I'd much rather use that money to have a really nice shore excursion at another port- we chartered a private sailboat in St. Thomas for the day (yep, just the 4 of us on a sailboat with a 2-man crew) and it was luxuriously delightful. Sadly, Labadee is not the quiet, relaxing beach day it used to be - to me feels more like Disneyland Haiti these days. <preparing for the onslaught>

We had one on BB 2 years ago while in a GS and it was wonderful. Sailing on Anthem in August and just reserved an OW on Nellie's. For us we like the shade/cover and the ceiling fan, the cushioned loungers, the service and not to be "right on top" of our fellow cruisers. So yes, to each his own but no need to call me a "sucker" because I choose to spend my $$ on a cabana.

We had one on BB 2 years ago while in a GS and it was wonderful. Sailing on Anthem in August and just reserved an OW on Nellie's. For us we like the shade/cover and the ceiling fan, the cushioned loungers, the service and not to be "right on top" of our fellow cruisers. So yes, to each his own but no need to call me a "sucker" because I choose to spend my $$ on a cabana.

Comment + ;p = I'm joking! Being silly!

Your plan for a beach day sounds lovely. For a ceiling fan, I make my two teenagers stand over me waving palm fronds. Same effect. They can also fetch drinks. They are rather mouthy, though.

I'd much rather use that money to have a really nice shore excursion at another port- we chartered a private sailboat in St. Thomas for the day (yep, just the 4 of us on a sailboat with a 2-man crew) and it was luxuriously delightful.

For some people, it's not one or the other.... dropping $500 for an over the water cabana is trivial for some people - and they are the ones that do it without much thought.

Without a doubt, the best "cabanas" are the Villa's on HMC with Carnival. Full bathroom, shower, hot tub, air conditioning, 2 stories, etc. Same price as cabana on Labadee, too.

A little off the subject but I have read on another thread that if you book a beach bungalow you get a wrist band that identifies you and only you can relax in the beachfront loungers reserved for you outside your bungalow as well as near the water front..

The only reason I am bringing this up is we always walk from one end of Labadee to the other, swim walk in the water and sometimes just sit for a minute in an open lounger.

It now seems these chairs (not in or near) but by the water area are off limits.

Can anyone confirm this.

We dont want to perch there, but just take in the view for 10-15 min.

Thanks

We splurge and rent an over the water cabana on Nellie's beach; always been well worth the money for us. This time, we will be on Barefoot and plan to rent a cabana again next month.

I totally agree with you...although have never rented a cabana. But I have been to Labadee many times, have always found a couple of nice lounge chairs in a shady spot, and just cannot imagine a cabana would really add to my enjoyment in the least. That is just me, though. To each his own, and I don't judge.

I'll go ahead and put myself out there to get flamed...NOT worth it. I am definitely not a cheapskate, I promise, but I can't fathom the thought of paying that kind of money for a beach day.

If you get off the ship on the earlier side, you can snag lounge chairs in a nice shady spot and have a FREE beach day. That's one benefit to Labadee- it can be a completely free day if you're just a beach dweller. (Now maybe if you have a group of like 10 or more splitting the cost, it might be worth it to have a 'home base'...but even then...)

There are plenty of loungers. If your main plan is to lounge in a chair, then jump in the water, and then grab some food...i don't see why it's necessary. But that's just me- we are low maintenance beach people.

Clearly we are in the minority, because there plenty of suckers - ahem, travelers- who are shelling out big bucks for these. ;p (If they weren't, RCCL wouldn't be building them in every doggone nook and cranny on that little peninsula!)

I'd much rather use that money to have a really nice shore excursion at another port- we chartered a private sailboat in St. Thomas for the day (yep, just the 4 of us on a sailboat with a 2-man crew) and it was luxuriously delightful. Sadly, Labadee is not the quiet, relaxing beach day it used to be - to me feels more like Disneyland Haiti these days. <preparing for the onslaught>

We had a Beach Bed at Adrenaline Beach last month... most relaxing day I have ever had on the beach. Water in the cooler, two floating mats, very comfy cushioned bed .

Upgrading to a cabana at Nellies in August. There will be six of us, looking forward to the covered cabana and ceiling fan especially given the time of year.

As with all things, it's a personal decision. I would much rather spend my $$ on a cabana for six as opposed to a drink package for 1.

Enjoy whatever you choose !

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Without a doubt, the best "cabanas" are the Villa's on HMC with Carnival. Full bathroom, shower, hot tub, air conditioning, 2 stories, etc. Same price as cabana on Labadee, too.

Even better is the over-the-water Private Oasis on HMC. Bathrooms, shower, hot tub, personal chef and upgraded barbecue, snorkeling gear, floatie mats, water slide, private beach clamshells, music system for your mp3 player, and your own bartender with an open bar. Priced for a group of around 12 people but can hold up to 20 (or maybe it was 24). Heck, it's almost as big as my house. :D

Not flaming, just saying...

I feel the same way about your preferred excision. I look at that and go 'why get off a ship to spend a day on a boat, only to get right back on a ship'? 😆 But, as you said, it's a personal decision.

Not flaming, just saying...

I feel the same way about your preferred excision. I look at that and go 'why get off a ship to spend a day on a boat, only to get right back on a ship'? But, as you said, it's a personal decision.

Big difference between Allure (6,000 passengers) and a 50-ft sailboat that whisks you under sail directly to a reef in St. John's, where you snorkel with sea turtles over a fabulous reef - with no one else around. Then climb back onboard where the crew has prepared a BBQ lunch and set a lovely table for your family of four. We were in the water most of the day. Dreamy!

We felt like the Kardashians (minus the eyelashes and butts). Google Simplicity Charters...

Even better is the over-the-water Private Oasis on HMC. Bathrooms, shower, hot tub, personal chef and upgraded barbecue, snorkeling gear, floatie mats, water slide, private beach clamshells, music system for your mp3 player, and your own bartender with an open bar. Priced for a group of around 12 people but can hold up to 20 (or maybe it was 24). Heck, it's almost as big as my house. :D

Personal chef, air conditioning, open bar, hot tub? Okay now THAT sounds good...