Anyone recently returned from sailing the Paradise from Tampa

LindaJean

Apparently the ship always has some kind of problem. We were on it less than 2 weeks ago and one of the engines was broke. They had problems with the water and had to turn it off twice once in the morning when we were trying to shower and then again when we were at port. I would never sail that ship again, its only a matter of time before it breaks down at sea. Its old and needs to be scrapped. Nothing against Carnival but sometimes enough is enough. Hope yours is uneventful and you have a wonderful cruise. just think positive

I hope everything is in order for your cruise. I happen to like this ship, as it is not all decked out with all the "new stuff." Enjoy your cruise.

Oh and.. there are problems with all ships, NEW and old. :rolleyes:

Apparently the ship always has some kind of problem. We were on it less than 2 weeks ago and one of the engines was broke. They had problems with the water and had to turn it off twice once in the morning when we were trying to shower and then again when we were at port. I would never sail that ship again, its only a matter of time before it breaks down at sea. Its old and needs to be scrapped. Nothing against Carnival but sometimes enough is enough. Hope yours is uneventful and you have a wonderful cruise. just think positive

Nice another mechanical expert. Doing a back to back on this fine old gal soon. Yes she needs some work but that is scheduled in the upcoming dry dock

I too, have sailed "Paradise" over, and over again, and will be sailing her again this week end. I've not experienced any problems while aboard, and have no qualms about boarding this ship yet again. GREAT ship, with an OUTSTANDING crew.

"SKY"

I too, have sailed "Paradise" over, and over again, and will be sailing her again this week end. I've not experienced any problems while aboard, and have no qualms about boarding this ship yet again. GREAT ship, with an OUTSTANDING crew.

"SKY"

Thanks SkyMaster. Glad to hear something nice about the Paradise. Have her booked for Dec. on a Journey Cruise.

Sandra

Thanks SkyMaster. Glad to hear something nice about the Paradise. Have her booked for Dec. on a Journey Cruise.

Sandra

You're welcome. Go aboard with a positive attitude, and I have no doubt that you'll have a fantastic cruise. I thinking of booking again in that time frame. Maybe I'll see you aboard. :cool:

"SKY"

• 2 weeks later...

Not a mechanical expert, went on a ship tour and was told that from the employee and confirmed by the captain who we also spoke with on the tour. Didn't pay for the cruise, father in law did or I would of never been on it. With that being said, I like Carnival, I like other Cruise lines and don't pretend to be an expert. Move on

Leaving on the Paradise in less than 2 weeks, has anything more become a problem? Are the remaining 5 engines still working? How about the stabilizers, sewer smell issues? Anything nasty happening? I hear Carnival is updating some cabins before the 2.0 dry dock, any word on those happening? Water pipe bursts, any more gangway openings planned?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not a mechanical expert, went on a ship tour and was told that from the employee and confirmed by the captain who we also spoke with on the tour. Didn't pay for the cruise, father in law did or I would of never been on it. With that being said, I like Carnival, I like other Cruise lines and don't pretend to be an expert. Move on

Oh I am so sorry maybe i missed something... It's going to break down at sea it needs to be scrapped..

With that being said I still Love CCL and its sister lines and will sail on them. Moving forward don't make harsh statements and now expect a reply or some backlash.

Have a great and fun day

Leaving on the Paradise in less than 2 weeks, has anything more become a problem? Are the remaining 5 engines still working? How about the stabilizers, sewer smell issues? Anything nasty happening? I hear Carnival is updating some cabins before the 2.0 dry dock, any word on those happening? Water pipe bursts, any more gangway openings planned?

I just got home from the May 18th sailing. No problems with the engines or stabilizers, and *definitely* no sewer smell. I was very concerned about the latter - blind as a bad and not great hearing, so my sense of smell overcompensates - but never had a problem. There was some nastiness (in various connotations of that word) from passengers ;p but none from the ship herself. We did get a letter that they were doing some water pipe work for ~ two hours while we were in Cozumel, and that we might see some discolored water afterwards, but had no issues there either.

Re the cabin updates, I don't know how many / how often, but ours was originally on the reno list and then was pulled off at the last minute. No idea what happened there? There was at least one other suite that was scheduled for it, as they kept asking us if we were in U104, and we were actually in U108.

With all the port changes for technical problems, I'm concerned about crushing this weekend. Do engines seem to be working properly? Were stabilizers working? Any information is appreciated.

We were on the 5 day sailing May 13th. No problems, great crew. Food was good, comedians were great, no problem getting a seat due to the fact room is twice as big as where it's held on new ships. Mr Sancho's in Cozumel, always fantastic and we hadn't been to Costa Maya in a long time. We went to the beach (away from that way too over crowded pool area when you get off) we found a place on the beach called the Krazy Lobster, had a table in the shade as well as lounge chairs on the water. Several bucket of beers, $5 a bucket, and a lot of great food all under $40 an even better day than Mr. Sanchos and that's hard to beat. There were 3 of us.:D

I was on the Paradise in November & will be back on her on June 10th. This will be my 20th CCL cruise and I have been on all classes except the Vista. I had doubts about the Paradise - mainly because it had been a long time since I had been on the smaller ships and I really like 7 or 8 day cruises - but I have to tell you, we had a great time. It was just a little 4 day getaway with 8 others. In June it will just be me and my sister (my normal cruising/gambling buddy) and it will be a 5 day. I know it will be a lot more crowded due to it being the summer and kids will be out if full, but I'm sure we will still have a great time.

Everyone has their own expectations and opinions. What might really bother some people, wouldn't bother me. As far as propulsion, engine problems - hey, it happens. It wouldn't ruin my cruise or make me give up on a ship, but I understand that for some people it would.

If you plan to sail on the Paradise, just don't expect all the bells and whistles that the larger ships have, know that shorter cruises sometimes means a rowdier crowd - not always, but it seems to happen more on 4 day cruises, and understand that it is an older ship & won't look brand, spanking new.

Love the Paradise. Smaller ship, not all the bells & whistles - and that's just fine for those 4 or 5 day shorter cruises. It is still clean and well kept, awesome crew and just the right amount of entertainment!

My May 13th, five day went exactly as expected with outstanding service, excellent food and a nice, relaxing trip. No problems with the ship at all, and the only disappointment at all for me was the Playlist shows that were presented. Just a bit too "current" for me, with screaming, distorted guitar music, and songs that I've never heard before, and don't want to hear again. :D People who are a bit younger than I am, will probably enjoy both BIG SHOWS. Food and service in the main, aft, dining room was very good, even though there wasn't as much variety offered. Still very good.

"SKY"

Hello cruise critic. My family & I are sailing on the Paradise out of Tampa on 6/19 and we cannot wait. Thank you all for the great information that you have already posted but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what night of the 5 day Western Caribbean cruise will be Elegant night? My wife is hoping it is not a port day so that our pictures aren't full of tired, sun burnt faces. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello cruise critic. My family & I are sailing on the Paradise out of Tampa on 6/19 and we cannot wait. Thank you all for the great information that you have already posted but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what night of the 5 day Western Caribbean cruise will be Elegant night? My wife is hoping it is not a port day so that our pictures aren't full of tired, sun burnt faces. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Elegant night is the first sea day. :)

I'm looking forward to my cruise in about 10 days in the Paradise. Just off the Vista in March with so much to do and not enough time, we are looking forward to being pampered and not trying to "do it all."

• 3 weeks later...