Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but I can confirm that you can still get price drops with the NRD fares. I just called and got a drop of $35pp with the new 2 day sale.

Great news- Thanks for the info

Given that the drops happened the day the NRD price was launched I am assuming that it was due to the NRD fares.

Prices change almost every day. Unless there's something else to relate it, it may well be just a coincidence - some prices would have gone up and down anyway on that day.

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but I can confirm that you can still get price drops with the NRD fares. I just called and got a drop of $35pp with the new 2 day sale.

Thank you, I was wondering about NRD price reductions.

BTW, which two days did you buy?

We currently have 4 cruises booked with RCI through 2019 - booked before the non-refundable deposit program took effect. As I am rate-checking, the only rate options I see for all of them are non-refundable deposit. The cabin categories we booked for all of these cruises are now showing as non-refundable categories. So, in order for us to price match, we would have to switch to a non-refundable deposit rate? In our case, only one cruise is lower than the price we booked but only $94 lower. Even with the extra $100 OBC, that's not enough for me to lock us into a cruise that far out.

Edit:....problem with only seeing non-refundable rates was with the website I was using. Switched to another website and can see them now.

I would disagree. After checking my future bookings, the non-refundable deposit rate is the same as my previously booked rate. So, the actuality is that you must pay more, much more, to get a refundable rate comparable to the refundable rate of the past.

Did you have to switch to a non-refundable deposit rate to get the price drop?

Just called our agent. She said we would have to switch to the non-refundable rate to get the price drop. Told her no thanks.

Did you have to switch to a non-refundable deposit rate to get the price drop?

Just called our agent. She said we would have to switch to the non-refundable rate to get the price drop. Told her no thanks.

You can get price drops within the refund category booked - the NRD and refundable prices do not have to be in lock step up or down. You could have a drop in NRD without a drop in the other.

Could it be because you are checking with other discounts e.g. 55+, location? I could see how that discounted rate would then be cheaper than the general guarantee option.

I haven't seen the clickable option to check for residency/senior discounts on any of the cruises I have priced. Are they still doing these discounts?

With today's sale, this is the 2nd price drop I got on my NRD. Converted my cruise to NRD in June, got $100p/p price drop on July 1st and today another $50p/p price drop with today's sale. Both times I had to call in to get the "Best Rate" even though they told me I would get any price drops automatically.

I haven't seen the clickable option to check for residency/senior discounts on any of the cruises I have priced. Are they still doing these discounts?

Yes, it's usually on the first page when you start the booking process.

HI Everyone,

I started a post about this earlie, didn't see this one. I just found out about the NRD, I am having a hard time understanding how this helps the customer and isn't just a win/win for Royal Caribbean. I am a Diamond plus so I am not a big whiner on things but I am not comfortable with having a preexisting heart condition and having a NRD. But yet.. if I stick with my RD my room goes up. How does this help us?

HI Everyone,

I started a post about this earlie, didn't see this one. I just found out about the NRD, I am having a hard time understanding how this helps the customer and isn't just a win/win for Royal Caribbean. I am a Diamond plus so I am not a big whiner on things but I am not comfortable with having a preexisting heart condition and having a NRD. But yet.. if I stick with my RD my room goes up. How does this help us?

The price might (and I emphasize might) be lower with NRD than with refundable deposits. However, my opinion is that this new program is not meant to help us, and if it does, it's just by accident.

HI Everyone,

When you book an airline flight...you have a couple of options. One is non-refundable (cheaper rate) and one is changeable/refundable (more expensive). The big difference is that the airline makes you pay the whole thing up front, while you are only on the hook up until final payment for just the deposit with Royal. Other than that...I don't see any difference with them and what the airlines are doing, and for that matter...many land based vacations.

In your case...perhaps trip insurance?

The price might (and I emphasize might) be lower with NRD than with refundable deposits. However, my opinion is that this new program is not meant to help us, and if it does, it's just by accident.

Guess I got lucky. My accident was changing out my 12/2/18 Oasis JS from my current refundable to the NRD. I saved

469.00 and was awarded an additional 100.00 OBC. My risk? If I had to cancel, and re-book another cruise at another

time or another ship...I would be charged a 100.00 change fee. That's a whole lot more generous than airlines or other

land based vacations. ;)

My risk? If I had to cancel, and re-book another cruise at another time or another ship...I would be charged a 100.00 pp change fee.

So using that scenario, would you not get a $200 FCC when you cancel (not rebook) which would then could be used on some other booking - meaning that you are out no money? For frequent cruisers, I don't see a lot of financial downside to this (unless you run out of future cruises to which to apply the cancel FCCs).

so using that scenario, would you not get a $200 fcc when you cancel (not rebook) which would then could be used on some other booking - meaning that you are out no money? For frequent cruisers, i don't see a lot of financial downside to this (unless you run out of future cruises to which to apply the cancel fccs).

fcc?

Oh...I got it. Future cruise credit...duh ...I got it. :o

My FCC would be the rest of my 500.00 deposit. When I changed to NRD, I had to add in the additional 400.00 to bring it up to the

regular online booking deposit of 500.00. I only had a 100.00 deposit holding my cruise, as I had booked on board with Next Cruise.

Did not bother me to cough up the 400.00...I have to pay that down the line anyway...so I kind of made an early payment. ;)

So my FCC in this case, after deducting the 100.00 change fee...would be 400.00.

Where the problem would be...is to cancel without any plans to rebook. That would mean I was dead....since I will cruise until

I die. :D

fcc?

Oh...I got it. Future cruise credit...duh ...I got it. :o

My FCC would be the rest of my 500.00 deposit. When I changed to NRD, I had to add in the additional 400.00 to bring it up to the

regular online booking deposit of 500.00. I only had a 100.00 deposit holding my cruise, as I had booked on board with Next Cruise.

Did not bother me to cough up the 400.00...I have to pay that down the line anyway...so I kind of made an early payment. ;)

So my FCC in this case, after deducting the 100.00 change fee...would be 400.00.

Where the problem would be...is to cancel without any plans to rebook. That would mean I was dead....since I will cruise until

I die. :D

Isn't the change fee $100 pp?- So you would get a $300 FCC, right??

HI Everyone,

People booking many cruises as place markers. Some in limited Suites. Then switching to other cruises. Prevents some from booking cabins until after final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums