Alaska up-sell offer

MRF777

I got this up-sell offer today by my travel agent, it would cost me $750 for the three of us to go from a outside cabin to a mini-suite with no balcony. I don't think it's worth it, what do you think?

Hi Michael,

The cruise lines offer occasional upgrade offers. If you are interested in an upgrade as below, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with the upgrade.

OFFER DETAILS

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN OUTSIDE STATEROOM (cat.O5-OZ) ON THE JUNE 17, 2017 SAILING OF CORAL PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a WINDOW MINI-SUITE (NO BALCONY). All WINDOW MINI-SUITES (No Balcony) include a seating area and bathroom with a combination tub/shower.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

Window Mini-Suite (cat MY): $249 USD/$361 CAD* per person.**

This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri)

Edited by MRF777

The mini with no balcony is huge (it incorporates what was balcony space into the interior of the cabin) and it's right next to a forward viewing area....... but IMO not worth the $750.

With your outside to mini you are only gaining space.

The main benefit is that the 3rd person doesn't have to be in a bunk. That may be worth quite a bit for certain 3rd person. If it is a 10 year old, they probably prefer a bunk :)

The main benefit is that the 3rd person doesn't have to be in a bunk. That may be worth quite a bit for certain 3rd person. If it is a 10 year old, they probably prefer a bunk :)

Yeah my daughter is 7, so we will take the bunk

The mini with no balcony is huge (it incorporates what was balcony space into the interior of the cabin) and it's right next to a forward viewing area....... but IMO not worth the $750.

With your outside to mini you are only gaining space.

It is definitely big. We took an upsell (although for less money than that) from an inside to a Window Mini on Island and loved the cabin. It was right next to a forward viewing deck. $750 to go from an OV to a Window Mini on a 7 day cruise seems too high for me.

I got this up-sell offer today by my travel agent, it would cost me $750 for the three of us to go from a outside cabin to a mini-suite with no balcony. I don't think it's worth it, what do you think?

Hi Michael,

The cruise lines offer occasional upgrade offers. If you are interested in an upgrade as below, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with the upgrade.

OFFER DETAILS

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN OUTSIDE STATEROOM (cat.O5-OZ) ON THE JUNE 17, 2017 SAILING OF CORAL PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a WINDOW MINI-SUITE (NO BALCONY). All WINDOW MINI-SUITES (No Balcony) include a seating area and bathroom with a combination tub/shower.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

Window Mini-Suite (cat MY): $249 USD/$361 CAD* per person.**

This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri)

The offer is for Guests 1 & 2, so the cost would only be $498.00, even though you have 3 to the cabin.

Interesting. I got this same offer for the May 13 Coral and it was $99 pp. I'm doing a B2B and asked about the May 20 sailing and told the offer for that week was $169pp. I declined both.

It is actually a nice cabin, I had one a few years ago on the Island Princess as a free upgrade for a Panama Canal cruise. It is a great location for that or Alaska as you are just steps away from the open forward decks. I always described the cabin as a bowling alley as it is very long and narrow. Lots of room for one person, it was really nice having the sofa. One thing I really didn't like was the bathtub as it had really high sides and was hard to step in and out of. I know my Mom and Dad could never have done it safely.

I was tempted but price was still a bit much for me.