How much to tip private tour guide?

bajae

We are scheduling a private tour in Ocho Rios and I was wondering how much is an appropriate tip for our guide. Just a base line that we can adjust up or down as appropriate. I've never scheduled a private tour so I'm clueless. Do we do 20-25% of the cost of the tour? So much per hour? So much per person? TIA

We tip according to how fun and informative a guide is....not by "percentage"! There are no "rules" for tipping guides or drivers. If you feel a tip is due, then tip...no need to go overboard...$5-10 pp is generally ample!

We tip according to how fun and informative a guide is....not by "percentage"! There are no "rules" for tipping guides or drivers. If you feel a tip is due, then tip...no need to go overboard...$5-10 pp is generally ample!

Good advice.

I agree.

We don't overthink it and we make our decision towards the end of the tour based on several factors but most importantly is the quality of the tour and tour guide and driver.

Keith

I agree.

We don't overthink it and we make our decision towards the end of the tour based on several factors but most importantly is the quality of the tour and tour guide and driver.

Keith

The guides can make or break your tour so deciding near the end what tip you are going to give reflecting on your tour enjoyment is always best IMO.

I think it depends on the tour. If a group tour shared by many, then we do the usual $5 or $10. If a private tour we booked then we do 15% to 20%.

It is a private tour we've booked for nine people. Thanks for all the responses. I think we should be prepared to do 50 to 100$ depending on how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums