Please clarify carnival wine policy?

jargey3000

The bottle is for the cabin; you can pour and take anywhere though. You don't have to consume in your cabin. I could see where having an open bottle in a public venue they might charge the corkage though.

Agreed, I even doubt having an open bottle would cause concern or create a potential fee other than the restaurants.

Just curious, do you bring glasses of wine into restaurants in your home town? Carnival allows the wine for your in cabin consumption like it's your "home". And a corkage fee like restaurants on land. Not judging, I've broken many rules. Carrying any beverage into a restaurant that was bought somewhere else seems weird.

You could have been at a bar having a glass of wine and take that to dinner....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

36 cruises and we've never had wine glasses in cabins ranging from inside to ocean suite. Share the link where fellow cruisers had wine glasses provided in their cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen wine glasses in the owners suite my cousin stayed in.

Oh wow - this is great! I didn't realize that this was an option. I always thought the wine you brought onboard had to be consumed in your stateroom.

I don't know if they allow you to buy wine in the gift shop and bring it to your cabin. That never use to be allowed. They would hold it for you to take the last day of your cruise unless things have changed. They will allow you to bring two bottles on board for your personal consumption to be opened in your stateroom. They do not want you to bring your own bottle to dinner and will charge you if you go to the MDR with a bottle in hand. This is considered a corkage fee. They will put your bottle on ice and supply you with wine glasses for 15.00 in the MDR .The way around this fee is to fill your glass while in your stateroom and you can bring a glass in the MDR for dinner no fee imposed. You may request your stateroom representative to please bring you 2 wine glasses they are usually happy to do this for you. Or you may visit the bar and ask for wine glasses. Or call room service and tip the guy for his time.

Thank you! Do you receive a ticket or something to indicate what you dropped off? I would hate to spend the money on nice bottles only to have them "lost". Also, is there a limit? We like to stock up on Havana Club when travelling abroad.

it's a very organized process they deliver it to your cabin the last night packed and ready to go. No worries

The last time we bought any alcohol to take home, we had to pick it up on departure morning. They did not deliver anything to the cabin. Personally, I didn't enjoy having to get up extra early to go stand in line to collect my Sheridan.

The last time we bought any alcohol to take home, we had to pick it up on departure morning. They did not deliver anything to the cabin. Personally, I didn't enjoy having to get up extra early to go stand in line to collect my Sheridan.
For cruises 5 days or less, it has to be picked up the morning of debarkation at a designated lounge. For cruises 6 days or more, they deliver it to your cabin after 7pm the night before debarkation.

It may vary by ship or they may have changed it, but we were on a 7 night cruise that required us to pick up debarkation morning. That was in May of last year on Freedom in Galveston.

Saw it on the Freedom in September and again on the Glory for New Years.

The Freedom is a great cruise ship, we love all the Conquest class, but had a blast!

Ports of Call

All alcohol purchased in ports will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/kw/liquor

• 1 month later...
36 cruises and we've never had wine glasses in cabins ranging from inside to ocean suite. Share the link where fellow cruisers had wine glasses provided in their cabins.

We had them on every one of our cruises, along with the water glasses. This last cruise we only had one wine glass instead of the usual 2 though. I thought that was kind of weird.

Edited by cloudninecat

I would not pay $15 on a $15 bottle of wine, no way

Just as a quick example. They had Layer Cake Cabernet on the tables every night in the MDR. Those were I think $34(maybe $37). They run you about $13 retail. If you buy retail and are charged a corkage fee, you are still ahead $5-6.

Just as a quick example. They had Layer Cake Cabernet on the tables every night in the MDR. Those were I think $34(maybe $37). They run you about $13 retail. If you buy retail and are charged a corkage fee, you are still ahead $5-6.

Assuming there are 2 of you, that covers two nights......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

re the comments about not paying $15 corkage for a $15 bottle: If you DON'T bring your own wine, and like a bottle with dinner, I looked at the onboard pricing, and it appears you'll then pay $30 for an approx. $7 bottle of wine!!!

Yes, but you didn't have to go through the trouble of schlepping it with you. If I ended up paying as much for the bottle after making time to purchase it shore side (a special trip if you flew in), pack it carefully, unpack it for inspection after standing on a special line, repack it, then carry it around until the rooms opened I'd be more bothered by the wasted effort than the money.

We'll usually bring our allowance, even if we have a package, because it enhances our Balcony experience.

Interesting, some guy is getting flamed on another thread for inquiring if he can drop his carry-ons in front of his cabin door without FTTF. Because it's against the rules

Yet on this thread, folks are suggesting ways to consume wine in bars or restaurants without paying the corkage fee - which is against the policy9d2e3a65d1d6cee2c27e1cd1447b9a0f.jpg

I believe consumption means drinking, not opening the bottle.

Just curious why the double standard? Abuse of the carry on wine policy might lead to its abridgment, but I don't see how taking a FTTF privilege you didn't pay for would impact anyone else.

For cruises 5 days or less, it has to be picked up the morning of debarkation at a designated lounge. For cruises 6 days or more, they deliver it to your cabin after 7pm the night before debarkation.

My last 7 day cruise, Dec 2015, it had to be picked up debarkation morning. Hopefully, it has changed and I'll find out in September.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting, some guy is getting flamed on another thread for inquiring if he can drop his carry-ons in front of his cabin door without FTTF. Because it's against the rules

Yet on this thread, folks are suggesting ways to consume wine in bars or restaurants without paying the corkage fee - which is against the policy

Just curious why the double standard? Abuse of the carry on wine policy might lead to its abridgment, but I don't see how taking a FTTF privilege you didn't pay for would impact anyone else.

Not that I want to rehash that unnecessary mess in this thread too, but that person wasn't trying to purposely break the rules. They weren't trying to get a privilege they didn't pay for. They had always cruised with FTTF, but weren't able to get it for their next one, so they weren't sure of the policy. They didn't want to break the rules, that's why they asked the question. People piled on with vitriol well before any of them knew the facts.

My last 7 day cruise, Dec 2015, it had to be picked up debarkation morning. Hopefully, it has changed and I'll find out in September.
The policy I quoted is from Carnival's website currently. It did change back to what I mentioned because a lot of people complained. That more than likely happened since your last cruise. :)