Elite questions please

39august

What is the menu for drinks at Elite happy hour(s)? I assume you can't get just any drink you want. Is there still an Elite lunch? Is fresh fruit offered at the Elite breakfast?

There is a limited drink menu for the Elite Happy Hour that is "Free" you can order anything off the drink menu for a cost.

They do pass around hot and cold appetizers.

There is no "Elite Lunch"

The Elite Breakfast does have some fruit and pastries, along with Coffee including espresso and cappuccino, teas, and Mimosa or Bloody Mary's.

There is a limited drink menu for the Elite Happy Hour that is "Free" you can order anything off the drink menu for a cost.

They do pass around hot and cold appetizers.

There is no "Elite Lunch"

The Elite Breakfast does have some fruit and pastries, along with Coffee including espresso and cappuccino, teas, and Mimosa or Bloody Mary's.

We were surprised at the beautiful Elite breakfast held in Tuscan on Infinity. It was a really beautiful spread served buffet style... smoked salmon, cold cuts, cheese , assortment.,... We discovered it late in our cruise b/ c we usually have breakfast in BLU and sometimes at the bufet if we have an early excursion..Definitely worth visitibg, esp if not wanting a fully cooked breakfast,

There is no longer food served buffet style at the Elite breakfasts. You order off a menu. Basic but nice. If you like a hearty meal at the start of the day, skip it. If you have a drink package, then anything you can get at the breakfast or cocktail hour is free anyways, but it's nice to have the camaraderie. Beware, though, that if there are too many Elite on a cruise they dispense with the cocktail hour and load 3 drinks per person per day on your key card instead. Not much of a benefit if you already have a drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no longer food served buffet style at the Elite breakfasts. You order off a menu. Basic but nice. If you like a hearty meal at the start of the day, skip it. If you have a drink package, then anything you can get at the breakfast or cocktail hour is free anyways, but it's nice to have the camaraderie. Beware, though, that if there are too many Elite on a cruise they dispense with the cocktail hour and load 3 drinks per person per day on your key card instead. Not much of a benefit if you already have a drink package.

We were just on the Equinox in May. The Elite breakfast was back to buffet style in Tuscan. As the poster above reported, it was a very nice spread of food. I'll add that there was also small bagels, cream cheese, and yogurt. We enjoyed this more than the prepared plates.

Beware, though, that if there are too many Elite on a cruise they dispense with the cocktail hour and load 3 drinks per person per day on your key card instead. Not much of a benefit if you already have a drink package.

Is this something new? Celebrity has never loaded 3 drinks on your seapass like RCCL. They only give out coupons if there are too many Elites on board. They still reserve the Sky Lounge for cocktail hour, but still use the drink coupons.

Also, ALL of the perks are now loaded on your seapass card. You just get a letter in your cabin telling you what you have and it automatically comes up when you use the perk. For laundry, you just write on the bag. Nothing to include.

Sometimes you get menu s and sometimes buffet. Silhouette transatlantic in April 2017 was buffet.

Menus make it easier to satisfy US public health regulations. Ships heading to Europe and sailing from there over the summer generally have buffets. On return to US the usually switch back to menus.

Not surprised there were menus on Solstice since it was heading back to US to start Alaska season.

To be fair to the OP I am having a similar issue getting any response from Celebrity via email.

From my perspective it's not an urgent request or a booking just a simple question, which they should be able to answer easily.

I didn't want ring as it will cost me money as the Celebrity number is a premium rate call in the UK vs. a free call in the US - unless anyone knows a way round this?

On the Infinity out of Chile we recently had the breakfast buffet at Tuscan grill. Loved it but still start with my eggs at the regular buffet, then skip down there to relax and enjoy the fruit etc..

Also, ALL of the perks are now loaded on your seapass card. You just get a letter in your cabin telling you what you have and it automatically comes up when you use the perk. For laundry, you just write on the bag. Nothing to include.

Yep, except if Celebrity uses coupons for the Elite drinks they have never been loaded on the card on any of my cruises.

Are you sure you were on Celebrity when you had your drink coupons loaded on you card? Which cruise?

We heard a few months ago that Celebrity was working on the technology to get the drinks coupons loaded into the cards. Maybe they were in a test mode for that. AFAIK it isn't generally available yet but it could have been on one or two cruises. And someday, perhaps, it will be fleetwide.