What did you like about back to back?

You can stay in your cabin, if booked in same for both legs, or go to a leisurely breakfast. Usually meet up around 10 am with Guest Services member for the customs clearance. We find it's best to find a quiet place, out of the way. Your cabin will be made up, just the same.

The ship will be pretty hectic that morning. You will receive a letter, the night before, with all details.

What's your thoughts on doing a 6 and and an 8 day on the Conquest? In a interior with obstructed view? I've been on it once before but can't remember it. Is there enough to do for 14 days I noticed it doesn't have a serenity deck I also thought of the Sunshine but it was like a couple hundred more for one less day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love this thread. We have our first B2B booked for the Vista next March. I am looking forward to seeing all the suitcases in the hallway, while mine is tucked nicely under the bed. But, before I get too smug, I'm sure the 2nd leg will be over before I know it.

I hope this doesn't ruin me, as in 2019 it will be back to single cruise vacations. Kind of how we never book a balcony as (we really are ok with the inside cabins, the balcony isn't even a temptation.) we are afraid that once we have one, it will be hard not to always have one.

We have done Conquest for the 6&8 b2b. We had a great time. The itineraries were different, but we enjoy the ship now for the cruises, not so much destinations.

We have done b2b on Sunshine twice; also wonderful experiences.

There are a few ports we still enjoy getting off the ship to visit. We always explore any new destinations through excursions and then exploring on our own. It is helpful to talk with officers and crew about where they like to go. Sometimes we go with them.:D

Ps: I can't do interiors; too claustrophobic. DH doesn't mind, but I begin having crazy dreams after a couple of nights. Like natural light and it keeps me oriented, I believe.

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Ps

We would love to do a b2b but we can't leave teen kids alone that long. Do you get to sleep in on debarkation day or is it still a rat race for you in the morning?

no sleeping in that morning, even with earplugs. The announcements never stop, but your steward will leave you alone as they know you are B2B

We did a b2b on the Splendor last summer. We chose this ship because it had different itineraries each week and we were booked in the same cabin for the course of the two weeks.

If I have to single one thing out that I liked best about the b2b was the fact that we didn't have to pack and leave the next morning. While most folks were probably wishing they didn't have to leave, we didn't. It was a relaxing two weeks.

There were 3 other couples on the ship who were on for one more week, and one of the couples was actually cruising for three weeks, although her husband said he wished he was leaving and didn't have to stay:)

Sorry, I should have edited my writing before posting. I meant to say that it felt great not having to pack to leave at the end of the first week and leave the next morning.

We did a b2b on the Splendor last summer. We chose this ship because it had different itineraries each week and we were booked in the same cabin for the course of the two weeks.

If I have to single one thing out that I liked best about the b2b was the fact that we didn't have to pack and leave the next morning. While most folks were probably wishing they didn't have to leave, we didn't. It was a relaxing two weeks.

There were 3 other couples on the ship who were on for one more week, and one of the couples was actually cruising for three weeks, although her husband said he wished he was leaving and didn't have to stay:)

Well there's obviously something wrong with that guy then!! Lol

I will be doing my first BTB on the new ship Horizon i'm retired so being away 30 days is no problem also thought about staying in the same cabin and we did it will be in the new Havana Cabanas and same cabin. this will give us plenty of time to know the ship and try out all the eating and entertainment venues, very excited

You are going to love the Havana Cabanas! We just got off the Vista for an 8 day cruise in the Cabanas, and we so much wished we had booked the B2B to stay on for 6 more days. 8 days is not enough time to try out all the eating venues! My husband even called Carnival as soon as we got off the ship and hadn't left the port, just to ask how much it would cost to get back on the for next 6 days! Of course they only had Deck 2 insides and we were so spoiled with the Havana Cabana, we decided to just go home!

I've done B2B's where I kept the same cabin and one where I didn't. Both types were very enjoyable. One of my B2B's was supposed to be an eastern version, but due to a hurricane, wound up being a western/western, yet I still had loads of fun.

I'll 2nd the poster who said that the longer Journey B2B's of 10 and 11 days were the most enjoyable! So many different ports, and after a week and a half, the cruise was only 1/2 done! Great way to get to the next VIFP level as well.

Our last two cruises were with our two kids in an adjoining cabin. Talk about spoiled! In August, we will be doing our first ever b2b, but will be in one cabin. Not too sure how happy I'll be with by day 10 or so, but we will see.

Also, we kept the number of excursions low to save $, so there will be more ports to just wander around or taxi to a beach, rather than doing something exciting. But we have been to all but one of the ports before anyway, and we have booked an excursion for the new one, La Romana.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's your thoughts on doing a 6 and and an 8 day on the Conquest? In a interior with obstructed view? I've been on it once before but can't remember it. Is there enough to do for 14 days I noticed it doesn't have a serenity deck I also thought of the Sunshine but it was like a couple hundred more for one less day

We did the same b2b on Conquest in October and have the same b2b scheduled again for next year. Does that answer your question? :p

Conquest is actually going to be getting a serenity deck when it is dry docked soon. I didn't miss not having it when we were there last time. There were always plenty of places to find seating. The activities were similar to what you would expect, but they had some great variety shows on the 8 day cruise.

Booked b2b Paradise in September. Couldn't get the same cabin.

It's not that much of a hassle. We talked with our cabin steward from week one, who Ditka was the week two steward. We were just one deck lower on the second leg and when i kindly offered to just slide our bags down the edge and onto the balcony of the other cabin Ditka said he had some rope to use. It was so easy. We packed up our toiletries and things in the drawers, everything else was taken on hangars.

We met in the MDR (there were 62 B2Bers) where they had coffee, juice and pastries. We gave up the old card (which we got back), walked off the ship, showed our passports, turned in our customs forms and back on board with brand new cards. They gave us champagne, mimosas, etc. We had a group picture taken and then we were free to explore the ship.

skip them

first of all hope your kidding, it's not a joke. They are now checking S&S cards and the drill will not end until all attend. On our last cruise, they actually announced people's names and cabin numbers. The held up the muster for about 20 minutes. When they arrived in the showroom, they were booed. some people think the rules do not apply to them

Booked b2b Paradise in September. Couldn't get the same cabin.

Keep checking that is what i did booked a Havana Cabin and 2 months later decided to do a BTB but all the cabins were booked then one day last month i just happen to check the cabins again and the one i am staying in was available for the second leg so i got in touch with my PVP and booked it keep trying.clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

We did a B2B on our first cruise. We didn't think of it until our room was already gone so we did have to move. It was interesting seeing a different type of cabin as we had a aft balcony the first half. Didn't like having to pack up the suitcases but other than hat we loved it. While there were 2 other couples on a B2B they choose to get off at the home port so we got to be the only ones on the ship and in the photo for like 2 hours. It was the first time we got to get in the pool and hot tubs as they were always packed like sardines. We walked around and took photos of the empty ship as well. The royal service was nice too.

Is 14 days too long?
It was just a tiny bit too long for me. About 11 or 12 days would have been ideal... about the length of a "Journey's cruise." That said, I did enjoy the one B2B we've done. We got the same menus and food, in the same order, the second week and that was a bit of a downer, but not a deal breaker. You also get the same shows, etc... Its a bit like watching a rerun. I definitely wouldn't do it unless the itinerary is different, which for us was. Me, I'd really prefer a single 11-13 day cruise to a B2B, but hey, you're still on a big white ship on the ocean, visiting semi-exotic locales, so why not?

Towel Critter, in your case I might be ready to get off too. However, our B2B was 15 days, with a western, then a southern. We went to several new ports and with the Ports of Call menu items, even that was really a difference. We often found items on the menu the first week that we couldn't get to, so a second chance was great. We did some shows both weeks, saw different comedians and never felt like it was a rerun. I put all the praise on hubby who found these two cruises and since we got back realize how unique they were.

I'm new at this but I was trying to work on a b2b on one of my existing cruises. I already have a 5 night booked over Halloween next year and there is a 4 day leading up to that one. The room I have on the 5 day is not available on the 4 day. Is it an issue for you guys to have a cabin on a different deck or even the same deck but a pretty good way from the other room? I would hate to move all my things from one end of the ship to another, but at the same time just being on the ship for 9 days sounds appealing to me. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!