Dog on ship

Indeed. Though to be clear, that's a drug. It's stupid that traditional medicine hasn't embraced it as just yet another pharmaceutical.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I thought you'd give me an argument on that one.

I thought you'd give me an argument on that one.

You should know by now: I have very strong and VERY consistent values.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

What part of properly trained Service Dogs will not relieve themselves except in designated areas are you struggling with ?

A properly trained Service Dog will not pee between the aisles in the clothing shop, but a pet masquerading as an Emotional Support Animal will.

We agree 100% and that is what we are talking about. The abusers..

These people are selfish,you leave your dogs at home and are being responsible so why should other people bring theirs unless it is for genuine purposes.

My late mam was diebetic and knew when her sugar was low and my niece is epileptic and takes tablets but she knew the warning signs and neither needed dogs.

Not everyone is able to control their seizures with medication. That's one of the reasons behind the push for medical marijuana.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

What part of properly trained Service Dogs will not relieve themselves except in designated areas are you struggling with ?

A properly trained Service Dog will not pee between the aisles in the clothing shop, but a pet masquerading as an Emotional Support Animal will.

You're the one struggling to read. I never limited my comment to service dogs, I clearly stated support dog as well :rolleyes:

I didn't realize the "service pets" had made it to the cruise ships. I work for a major airline and its totally out of control. It is to the point that it is ruining it for the folks that truely need a service animal (a real service animal...not a pet).

What happens when it is an airline request? Does the dog need to be caged and put in the cargo hold? Do people get to keep the dog with them? Do they need to pay for a seat for the dog?

This issue is amazing to me, and yes, it is getting out of hand. My good friend bought her teen daughter a morkie puppy and called it a emotional dog. There was never an issue before the daughter wanted a puppy.

This post is not meant to say anything negative about people who really need service animals. We had a lot of trainers come to the bank in a mall I used to work at. We knew not to pet them and let them do their job.

That's how you know the dog isn't a service dog. A real service dog would be on the floor. They're working animals; allowing it to sit at the table is distracting it from doing the job it was trained to do.

Not necessarily. We have friends who have a child who is very brittle diabetic. Before he got his dog, he ended up in the hospital all the time. Now, they don't have to worry so much, especially during the night, because the dog alerts them all when his sugars get too low She is a small dog and the child often carries her around, and the dog sleeps in the bed with him. Apparently, she needs to be close because she detects changes in his blood sugar levels through a specific scent in his breath.

Not necessarily. We have friends who have a child who is very brittle diabetic. Before he got his dog, he ended up in the hospital all the time. Now, they don't have to worry so much, especially during the night, because the dog alerts them all when his sugars get too low She is a small dog and the child often carries her around, and the dog sleeps in the bed with him. Apparently, she needs to be close because she detects changes in his blood sugar levels through a specific scent in his breath.

Thats amazing.

I have a Deaf friend who has a service dog. Spent thousands on Chloe's training. She is trained to tell my friend when someone calls her name, there is an alarm, basically be her ears. She is certified as a hearing dog for her Deaf owner. You would look at her and wonder why she has a service dog. She can do everything but hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perfectly true.

We flew out of Atlantic City to Myrtle Beach and there were 6 support dogs on our flight, All were on their owners lap. One was growling at me and nothing was done.

As they are not toilet trained i wonder what would happen if they did their business on the owners lap.

That would really bother me, a dog on someone's lap on a flight, I am highly allergic to dogs and would spend my very expensive holiday with flu like symptoms because someone couldn't go for an hour without their dog on their knee

That would really bother me, a dog on someone's lap on a flight, I am highly allergic to dogs and would spend my very expensive holiday with flu like symptoms because someone couldn't go for an hour without their dog on their knee

Isn't it strange how if someone has a peanut allergy no-one on a plane can eat peanuts but anyone can bring a dog on board and tough luck if someone sitting next to them is allergic to dogs.

Isn't it strange how if someone has a peanut allergy no-one on a plane can eat peanuts but anyone can bring a dog on board and tough luck if someone sitting next to them is allergic to dogs.

You seem to want to see that as incongruity instead of seeing it as a statement about relative risk based on prevalence and severity.