Dog on ship

Those cards aren't wrong though. They state that the animal CAN be kicked out if it misbehaves. And that it is not just for emotional support. So anyone falsely using the kit also has to lie about what the animal is for. Which they can do without a vest and card too. So it can actually backfire against the fakes.

Flagrant abuses of service animal policies are a major disservice to those with real needs and professionally trained service animals. If your dog is in a stroller, it is a pet.

I agree with your first statement. But everything is not so clear cut. A service dog may need to be kept in a buggy for its safety in crowds or in inclement weather when not performing its service. I've also made friends with an owner whose service dog was zipped up in a buggy in the dining room to allay onlookers' fears that the dog will eat from the table. She explained that due to her severely arthritic hands her dog can pick up and hold small items for her, which is especially helpful to her when getting ready for the day or for bed. The dog helps her be independent. When out and about during the day, the dog is well trained, though she sells gets plenty of rude comments about her disability when they notice the dog's sparkly bow and not the owner's disfigured hands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In all frankness, if someone needs a dog with them (outside of being blind) for some of the other reasons mentioned, then I'd seriously have to question why in the world they would choose a cruise ship as a vacation.

Bringing a dog to dinner to help you eat? Having one help with arthritis (sorry, there are too many heavy doors on a cruise ship in order for that dog to be much help)? Having one give you emotional support?

Might want to choose a different type of vacation. Cruise ships just aren't set up for that, in any, way, shape, or form.

I'm sorry! I just don't get it.

Cruise ships are indeed set up to accommodate in all kinds of shapes and forms the many kinds of disabilities, thank goodness... Larger restrooms, power doors, smoother and wider walkways, relief areas for dogs, etc. we're seeing more and more assistive devices and animals so that handicapped people can enjoy many aspects of cruising.

Cruise ships are indeed set up to accommodate in all kinds of shapes and forms the many kinds of disabilities, thank goodness... Larger restrooms, power doors, smoother and wider walkways, relief areas for dogs, etc. we're seeing more and more assistive devices and animals so that handicapped people can enjoy many aspects of cruising.

And yes, that's all wonderful indeed, but it is the abusers of the ADA who carry around little princess dressed in doll/baby clothes who create a circus around them.

If the policy states that if the dog misbehaves over and over due to barking or not being potty trained, the ship/restaurant can remove the offender and party from it's property. Then what is the problem and why don't cruise ships remove these people? A law suit about what?

A real service dog would be on the floor.

I've heard of gluten and peanut alert dogs for owners who are highly allergic to those ingredients. Don't know how close to the food they need to be.

I agree with your first statement. But everything is not so clear cut. A service dog may need to be kept in a buggy for its safety in crowds or in inclement weather when not performing its service. I've also made friends with an owner whose service dog was zipped up in a buggy in the dining room to allay onlookers' fears that the dog will eat from the table. She explained that due to her severely arthritic hands her dog can pick up and hold small items for her, which is especially helpful to her when getting ready for the day or for bed. The dog helps her be independent. When out and about during the day, the dog is well trained, though she sells gets plenty of rude comments about her disability when they notice the dog's sparkly bow and not the owner's disfigured hands.

This is fascinating to me. Right now I use my kids but I assume some day they will move out. I'd be all for rescuing an animal to help me.

As for heavy doors on the ship, the balcony is the only one that's hard for me to open. Many have automatic buttons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Isn't it amazing in the last five years or so the significant increase in gluten intolerance and service animals? How did we survive before.

Flagrant abuses of service animal policies are a major disservice to those with real needs and professionally trained service animals. If your dog is in a stroller, it is a pet.

Stolen from FB

b68c8073721dca3544676cab99bc6f38.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Gluten. It's been longer than a decade but more importantly the maladies probably go back much further than the establishment of the linkage between them and their source. So let's say the change happened over a couple of generations. It may take a long time to find the cause of the change itself. Probably it will turn out to be the ascendancy of certain chemicals used in food or water, or a reflection of changes in our physical activity.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Gluten. It's been longer than a decade but more importantly the maladies probably go back much further than the establishment of the linkage between them and their source. So let's say the change happened over a couple of generations. It may take a long time to find the cause of the change itself. Probably it will turn out to be the ascendancy of certain chemicals used in food or water, or a reflection of changes in our physical activity.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Wow i feel drunk when i read your answers lol.

Isn't it amazing in the last five years or so the significant increase in gluten intolerance and service animals? How did we survive before.

Just like peanuts, most people who were so severely allergic to these things typically died before they reached school age, which is why you didn't go to school with any kids with peanut or gluten allergies. So the answer is, they didn't survive.

Just like peanuts, most people who were so severely allergic to these things typically died before they reached school age, which is why you didn't go to school with any kids with peanut or gluten allergies. So the answer is, they didn't survive.

I hope they find nothing wrong with my Longhorn Porterhouse steaks.

That's just a tad over dramatic. Just a tad.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's just a tad over dramatic. Just a tad.
Indeed. No need to assume facts not in evidence. It is okay to acknowledge that we really don't know for sure yet why more people are suffering from these ailments.