FlightEase - worked great for me

doubleduty

I went online and found the routing we wished to take, then spoke with our TA who called Flight Ease and came back with some options. One was better than the others, so that's what we chose. Wed didn't use Flight Ease on our own and even when we used a PCC, they contacted Flight Ease for us, we didn't speak with them directly.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

So you checked the airlines website and then had booking made with FlightEase.

I sort of did the same thing, but my first couple of choices were not available through FlightEase. My BigBox TA called with me on the line and made the reservation for me. Later, interestingly, I received route change emails directly from FlightEase, and I even ended up talking with them directly over an issue. It was like my TA didn't own that part of the booking.:confused:

So you checked the airlines website and then had booking made with FlightEase.

Yes, and did so because the prices couldn't be beat. We've used Flight Ease whenever we've taken trans-Atlantic cruises because one way fares to Europe from the "frozen tundra" are horrendously expensive.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I have 2 cruises paid for. Where do I find Flight Ease flights, etc when I go to the website? I don't seem to be able to find anything

Once you have a booking with HAL (I don't think this works with a TA rez):

Login on the HAL website

Go to "My Reservations"

Choose "Purchase" (where it says Shorex, indulgences, etc)

Under "Welcome" page choose "Book Flights"

On the right side of the next page, check mark "Flights"

You will now be into "Flight Ease".

That site is a little difficult, it made my airport code into ZZZ, "unknown", but you can correct that. Then it shows the various flight choices you can book online. I have never used the site completely, but this is how you get there. Hope it works for you!:)

Thanks PSR. I don't show that and booked directly with HAL.

I decided to call flight ease (as I've done on my last 4 flights purchased through them) and was told that all bookings initially are booked directly by them and then you will get the normal airline booking/ reference # in order see it online, change seats if needed, ensure flights haven't changed etc. They said they were "hoping" in the future that the HAL site would be somewhat like Princess site and have customer direct booking options online like Princess flight ease.

I decided to call flight ease (as I've done on my last 4 flights purchased through them) and was told that all bookings initially are booked directly by them and then you will get the normal airline booking/ reference # in order see it online, change seats if needed, ensure flights haven't changed etc. They said they were "hoping" in the future that the HAL site would be somewhat like Princess site and have customer direct booking options online like Princess flight ease.

The princess website is wonderful for booking and looking for flights. I'm thinking the hal website will never be that way. I hope they prove me wrong.

This matches my experience with HAL Flightease. I tried accessing to see available flights when I initially booked the Viking Passage, but there is no way to login. My HAL PCC did the initial look for flight options and presented them to me. After choosing, they assign a Flightease booking code, different from the cruise booking number, which allows you to login at Flightease. I can also confirm that looking directly at airlines for a one-way flight Canada to Europe showed prices much higher than what HAL obtained.

This matches my experience with HAL Flightease. I tried accessing to see available flights when I initially booked the Viking Passage, but there is no way to login. My HAL PCC did the initial look for flight options and presented them to me. After choosing, they assign a Flightease booking code, different from the cruise booking number, which allows you to login at Flightease. I can also confirm that looking directly at airlines for a one-way flight Canada to Europe showed prices much higher than what HAL obtained.

Your taking our bucket list cruise. Hoping to do it in 2019. Please report back how the cruise went for y'all. We've been saving our pennies and decided we need to up it to $$ in order to get a Lania room!

Have a great time

My question is if you use Flightease do you get your frequent flier miles??

We received air miles on our KLM account both times we flew using Flight Ease.

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Gerry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gee, sorry my technique didn't work. I tried it in the past, and got to see a lot of flight choices that I assumed would be available, but I never actually tried to book one because I had cheaper fares booking myself (not a long route). Are you saying you couldn't get to the Flight Ease page, or you couldn't get the site to work for a booking?

Penny

We are saying we cannot get to any FlightEase page to make a new booking. Your technique does not work, at least for any 'new' flight booking. All we get is a page that says call FlightEase to book flights. This is totally not the same as Princess EZAir.

Dennis

Gee, sorry my technique didn't work. I tried it in the past, and got to see a lot of flight choices that I assumed would be available, but I never actually tried to book one because I had cheaper fares booking myself (not a long route). Are you saying you couldn't get to the Flight Ease page, or you couldn't get the site to work for a booking?

Penny

I do not have, see or get the "book flights" option.

Thanks though

Umm, I don't think I am about to pay for my entire cruise 10+ months out - especially when there could be a change in the pricing once a promo comes off ;). And, it's not a cheap one ;)

;)

Even if you get a 3% discount for paying 9 months before departure? If there is a change in the pricing, doesn't the price usually go up? And if not, you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price if you are not in the cancellation period. I agree with the poster who commented that there was no advantage in not pulling the funds from savings to pay early because interest rates in U.S. banks are practically non-existent - at least as of today.

Flights are not on the website . Call Hal or your ta' date='and they will check hal, tell them your airport,date and they will check. We have saved several times , and especially on open jaw flights. Good luck

Terri[/quote']Flights ARE available online. You have to book the cruise first, then you can access Flight Eze and peruse flights. I never, ever, spoke to HAL regarding flights. Once the flight was booked went to the airline website and chose seats.

Flights ARE available online. You have to book the cruise first, then you can access Flight Eze and peruse flights. I never, ever, spoke to HAL regarding flights. Once the flight was booked went to the airline website and chose seats.

Are you talking about booking the cruise through HAL or with a TA or both?

Are you talking about booking the cruise through HAL or with a TA or both?
I booked cruise directly with HAL. I would think if you have a booking number with HAL through a TA you could still peruse flights. I could of course be completely off base with that and hopefully someone else has experience with that.

I booked cruise directly with HAL. I would think if you have a booking number with HAL through a TA you could still peruse flights. I could of course be completely off base with that and hopefully someone else has experience with that.

No, if you book through a TA you cannot see the flights. You need to call your TA to go through all the available flights.

My booking is with HAL but still can't see flights. PCC said they should be out June 23rd for the arrival flight. Perhaps it is just too early still.

We did our booking with a PCC and booked the flights with Flight Ease. We have the air locator number that allows us to check the airlines and we can see our flight information, date, time of flights, seating, etc. We got updated information this morning for our flights in Sept.

We did our booking with a PCC and booked the flights with Flight Ease. We have the air locator number that allows us to check the airlines and we can see our flight information, date, time of flights, seating, etc. We got updated information this morning for our flights in Sept.

Did you book the flights on the HAL website or on the phone with your PCC?

I wish someone would settle this issue of Flight Ease on the HAL website. Once you have booked and deposited a cruise with HAL, you get a booking number. On their website, you login with your username and password, click on "My Reservations" and they show how many days until your cruise, and there are 3 options.

PURCHASE, meaning shore excursions, dining, wine packages, etc.

VIEW MY ITINERARY, which shows any pre-booked shore excursions, dining, etc. If you have a flight pre-booked with HAL, it also shows up. Same for any pre/post cruise hotels booked through HAL.

CHECK-IN ONLINE which is where you fill out your personal info, passport, credit card, contacts, etc.

Will somebody PLEASE do an actual screen capture (hit prt sc) and paste that into a post showing where Flight Ease is accessed on HAL's website. Not phone, not PCC, not TA, not anybody else's website, on the HAL website. At the top of your screen, it should say https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount in the URL area.

We are saying we cannot get to any FlightEase page to make a new booking. Your technique does not work, at least for any 'new' flight booking. All we get is a page that says call FlightEase to book flights. This is totally not the same as Princess EZAir.

Dennis

I do not have, see or get the "book flights" option.

Thanks though

I don't understand why you both can't at least get to the Flight Ease choice page. Do you both have a booking made directly with HAL? Do you have a HAL "login" username/password? You have to be able to see your booking on the HAL site to get to the Flight Ease booking page.

PS: I just read the most recent postings from yesterday/today and realized you might not get the FE page if it is "too soon" to make an air rez (something like 330 days before flight or so). Also, I am not sure how to attach pictures to this board re: site images; usually end up with problems. TAD2005, the PURCHASE area you mention above is how you get to Flight Ease, even if it doesn't list it as a choice. It will be on the book pre-post hotel page. See if that works.

Edited by PSR
updates

I don't understand why you both can't at least get to the Flight Ease choice page. Do you both have a booking made directly with HAL? Do you have a HAL "login" username/password? You have to be able to see your booking on the HAL site to get to the Flight Ease booking page.

PS: I just read the most recent postings from yesterday/today and realized you might not get the FE page if it is "too soon" to make an air rez (something like 330 days before flight or so). Also, I am not sure how to attach pictures to this board re: site images; usually end up with problems. TAD2005, the PURCHASE area you mention above is how you get to Flight Ease, even if it doesn't list it as a choice. It will be on the book pre-post hotel page. See if that works.

Pre book pre-post hotel page? I have never seen that. If I wanted it I had to call to get info.

But I will look again.

In any case,I am in the same boat as the others. The flight I was interested in would leave May 2/3 so definitely 330 days out.

If the Princess site is indicative,they only have the flight from h*ll that I avoid like the plague.

and, yes, I do know how to log in, do know how to purchase on the HAL website - it's just not an option there yet although I see a transfer from the airport to the ship on the day of embarkation on my itinerary which I neither requested but assuming that has to do with the discount on flight ease?

They better not hold the bus waiting for me - no way will I be coming on the day of embarkation. ;).