Mariner and Snap fare

DaveOKC

I just checked on a cruise I have been considering and noticed that the Mariner price dropped by $200 (on a $3000 fare pp) since Wednesday, BUT now the fare has a non-refundable deposit. On Wed. the deposit was refundable, it seems like HAL has combined the Mariner fares with the Snap promotion.

The non Mariner fare is $400 pp more (same as it was on Wed.

Interesting........

I just checked on a cruise I have been considering and noticed that the Mariner price dropped by $200 (on a $3000 fare pp) since Wednesday, BUT now the fare has a non-refundable deposit. On Wed. the deposit was refundable, it seems like HAL has combined the Mariner fares with the Snap promotion.

Interesting........

They're offering these bare-bones, no perks, non-refundable-deposit fares for a couple of weeks before Explore 4. This is not going to be the only way they do business.

They're offering these bare-bones, no perks, non-refundable-deposit fares for a couple of weeks before Explore 4. This is not going to be the only way they do business.

I agree, but still interesting that they just started offering both Mariner and Snap fares combined.

Are you saying that these non-refundable fares, even for the Grand Voyages, will end once the Explore 4 commences?

Interesting........

How do you find the refundable fares on the individual sites? The only fares shown on the Grand Voyages is"non-refundable?"

How do you find the refundable fares on the individual sites? The only fares shown on the Grand Voyages is"non-refundable?"

I usually can find them on the large TRAVEL website. Figure out the name?

Interesting........

I still haven't figured out how to get a "Mariner fare". Pre- this new Snap fare I only get one fare with or without my Mariner number online.:confused::(

I still haven't figured out how to get a "Mariner fare". Pre- this new Snap fare I only get one fare with or without my Mariner number online.:confused::(

One thing I have found: some cruises do not have different Mariner pricing, just the same pricing as when you do not put in your Mariner number.

The way I get the Mariner fare is to use my Mariner number when I sign in. If I do not do this. I get the normal fare. As already stated, most times these are the same.

There are actually two promotions going on now. I left the paper at work where I wrote down my notes after calling my PCC. SNAP has the non-refundable deposit. The other one has refundable deposit but slightly higher rates...

The way I get the Mariner fare is to use my Mariner number when I sign in. If I do not do this. I get the normal fare. As already stated, most times these are the same.

Thanks for the information and tip to use mariner number. I tried that on a random cruise, but still didn't get a different price...oh well, one day I might pick a cruise that has a difference. Do you know if booking by phone might produce a price difference when you can ask about it? I only book online w/o a TA unless I have some sort of problem to address.

Thanks for the information and tip to use mariner number. I tried that on a random cruise, but still didn't get a different price...oh well, one day I might pick a cruise that has a difference. Do you know if booking by phone might produce a price difference when you can ask about it? I only book online w/o a TA unless I have some sort of problem to address.

Should not be a difference. I have never had it be a difference.

The other fair is called "Advantage". Booking online doesn't really give you the choice.

The other day I tried to make a reservation online using the Snap Fare deal with the 50% deposit. When I got to the payment portion, the deposit was the usual $700 instead of $350. I contacted a HAL employee who has sent me emails in the past to make reservations through her and said my reservation turned into a Mariner rate. She went in and changed it to the Snap Fare deal and I got the non-refundable $350 deposit. I don't plan on changing my mind, so the non-refundable part doesn't concern me.

As I had mentioned, my up omng winter 2018 peicing is better with my Mariner private sale than with snap, nonrefundable deposit fares.

I just asked TA to price a summer 2018 cruise: the Nonrefundable deposit fare is $700 per person cheaper than regular fare (and I assume with my Mariner number put into the system) - that is substantial! My only hesitation is that I am not sure, as my son and his family were possibly thinking of a Canada/NE cruise this summer, and are waiting to see what pricing does - in which case we would join them - otherwise I would jump on this offer. If the deposit were transferrable to another cruise, that would be a different story,

• 5 months later...

First I did a partial Booking on the HAL online site, but was unable to finish the deal due to a computer line outage, so then I called HAL and Ellen said that there was a SNAP fare available and I saved about 600 dollars off a 5240 dollar cruise. The online site did not offer the SNAP fare..

What mariner rates? I have never been able to find one on any cruise that I have booked. I guess that only certain cruises have these rates, but does anyone know what type of cruise usually offers them?

Typeface in green: "Not available to the general public" or something like that signifies Mariner rates (or some discount) when you put in your Mariner number on HAL's website booking pages.

Of the 10 cruises I am looking at right now, 6 have this note and the pricing is $200 - $600 pp less than if I don't put my Mariner number in.