Where can you use Diamond drink vouchers?

amcb

Hi all!

This is our first cruise as Diamond and we were wondering where we could use the drink vouchers. Can we use them for wine in the dining room? Also, our children are Diamond in their own right. Will they get vouchers, and if so can they use them for things like Shirley Temples, Virgin Pina Coladas and Virgin Margaritas?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

amcb

Hi all!

This is our first cruise as Diamond and we were wondering where we could use the drink vouchers. Can we use them for wine in the dining room? Also, our children are Diamond in their own right. Will they get vouchers, and if so can they use them for things like Shirley Temples, Virgin Pina Coladas and Virgin Margaritas?

Thanks in advance,

amcb

The rule for the vouchers has been any bar and the main theater. However, some recent reports indicate that the vouchers are being honored in the Main Dining Room.

Children do not get vouchers.

The rule for the vouchers has been any bar and the main theater. However, some recent reports indicate that the vouchers are being honored in the Main Dining Room.

Thanks so much for your response, Bob!

I have to say it seems a bit unfair that the kids can't order something. Especially if they've "earned" the status themselves. Can my husband and I use our vouchers to order them something?

Again, your responses are always greatly appreciated!!!

:) amcb

Hi all!

Thanks in advance,

amcb

No one can get Pina Coladas on the vouchers, because those are blender drinks.

Kids can get shirley temple type drinks in the Lounge.

I have to say it seems a bit unfair that the kids can't order something. Especially if they've "earned" the status themselves. Can my husband and I use our vouchers to order them something?

Go to the Diamond Lounge and they can have a Shirley Temple there.

You can get a glass of wine in the Lounge or a bar and carry it into the MDR.

You can even excuse yourself from the table, go out to a bar, get another glass of wine, and come back with it. :)

Yes, you can use your vouchers to get drinks for others. Same types of drinks they would serve in the Diamond Lounge.

No one can get Pina Coladas on the vouchers, because those are blender drinks.

Kids can get shirley temple type drinks in the Lounge.

Thanks for the info Merion Mom! Didn't realize that blender drinks were excluded. We've been traveling in the family suites for a while so the kiddos are used to going to the concierge lounge. We just weren't sure how the vouchers work. Thanks so much for the additional information.

...Can we use them for wine in the dining room?.../quote]

Never hurts to ask. Our 2016 fall cruise on the Explorer we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR. On our 2017 B2B spring cruise on the Jewel we were able to use our drink vouchers on the first leg but not the second leg.

We sat with a couple that had Pina Coladas every night for 15 nights in the DL on our Mariner of the seas transatlantic. On our Allure of the seas transatlantic the blender was going all night in Dazzles for the Diamond event. If you can't get a blended drink from the bar just go to the DL lounge. The only drink I have ever been turned down on was for some specialty rum concoction in Boleros. I ordered it, got the drink,gave him my seapass card and was told it didn't count because it was made with top shelf rum. He gave it to me anyway and the next night after a hour in Boleros the server came up to me and gave me another one compliments of the bartender. I have to say that tipping on the free drinks pays off. happy cruising

Was able to use them everywhere on Oasis this summer including MDR, WJ, theater, Studio B, and of course bars. On the June 4th sailing the DL concierge told me they had changed the rules to include MDR and wherever else wasn't previously included a few weeks prior.

Was able to use them everywhere on Oasis this summer including MDR, WJ, theater, Studio B, and of course bars. On the June 4th sailing the DL concierge told me they had changed the rules to include MDR and wherever else wasn't previously included a few weeks prior.

Wow. Does anyone have any official information on whether this is only on Oasis, fleetwide, or just a fluke? That would eliminate the "find a bar near the MDR and order wine just before we're ready to go in" shuffle for us.

Wow. Does anyone have any official information on whether this is only on Oasis, fleetwide, or just a fluke? That would eliminate the "find a bar near the MDR and order wine just before we're ready to go in" shuffle for us.

I've not seen any official info on this. As mentioned earlier, it can even vary on consecutive cruises.

Back in May on our Radiance Hawaii cruise our wait staff in main dining was getting us wine with the vouchers. I do not know if that have continued that.

We were not aware they were doing that so for the first few days we were stopping in Schooner to bring a glass in. About three days in they told us to just wait till we got to into dining and they would take care of it. Very convenient :D

...Can we use them for wine in the dining room?.../quote]

Never hurts to ask. Our 2016 fall cruise on the Explorer we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR. On our 2017 B2B spring cruise on the Jewel we were able to use our drink vouchers on the first leg but not the second leg.

Consistently inconsistent

Just ask when you go to the MDR. If not get up, go to a bar, get a drink or two and go back to the MDR. I've done that on a few or more occasions.

What is the time limit on the vouchers? we eat traditional late sitting, I think the vouchers are only valid to 8 or 8:30pm, is that right? I haven't cruised yet as a diamond so I'm a little unsure. I guess we would have to get a glass of wine before going in.

Also I didn't think you got the vouchers if the ship had a Diamond Lounge, but from this forum it would appear you get both?

I'm going on Indy of the Seas.

What is the time limit on the vouchers? we eat traditional late sitting, I think the vouchers are only valid to 8 or 8:30pm, is that right? I haven't cruised yet as a diamond so I'm a little unsure. I guess we would have to get a glass of wine before going in.

Also I didn't think you got the vouchers if the ship had a Diamond Lounge, but from this forum it would appear you get both?

4:30-8:00 on most ships. Yes, you can use the vouchers AND go to the DL. :-)

Same time period as drinks are served int he Diamond Lounge. Depends on time for early dinner, either 8pm or 8:30pm.

Diamond level and above get vouchers on every ship.