Walk to Port Everglades from Embassy Suites?

dickinson

Has anyone walked to Pier 2 from the Embassy Suites? Just wondering if it is doable.

Piers 1 and 2 are the closest to the 17th St entrance, so you could walk.. Would not consider it for any other pier. Even for Piers 1 and 2 I would personally take a taxi to avoid having to roll the bags all that way.

I suppose it is doable, but only if you are in good physical condition. Even in that case, ie being in good physical condition, I think it would be better to go for an early morning jog,run, walk, but take a taxi, shuttle or uber to the port. JMHO though.

I have seen cruisers doing the walk. I'd guess it's about a mile. So sure, it's doable. How easy the walk depends on how much luggage you have to drag along.

Do it earlier to avoid mid day hot sun.;)

Edited by eandj

Doesn't the Embassy have a shuttle for a small charge? I am pretty sure I've read that many times. I stayed there but we had a car.

They do. $9pp. But someone is always trying to save a buck.

I am 60, and walked the area many times. You don't have to be in any serious sort of shape. Yes, dragging bags will double your sweat, but it is totally flat, and probably less than 2 miles.

Doable but, depending on the time of the year, it can be very unpleasant. Summer is hot, humid, and always a chance of thunderstorms. In addition, while the walk is flat, you are walking along a 6 lane (and in some places wider with turn lanes) road with all the accompanying noise and pollution.

Don't be cheap! If you can afford the cruise, you can afford the shuttle

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Pepster1 for the word of reason, stay at Embassy and pay $10-15 for Uber or Taxi to get to the pier, in the big scheme of things you will not regret it[emoji6] Pardon the pun, "No Sweat"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very doable if you are a walker, the distance is about one mile and I have walked to the Water Taxi stand from the ES many times which is in the general area of the port without any problems, being a Southern that is use to the heat helps.

I agree with cab over shuttle. I think last time we too cab from ES to pier 2 it was less than $10 on the meter but the cab had a sticker that there was a $10 minimum which I believed and thought reasonable given the short ride. Lately we take Lyft and it's been nicer ride for about the same or less.

Thanks again. Interesting responses by some people making assumptions. We are walkers. I thought I read on cc that someone had walked instead of waiting for shuttle or taxi.

We are doing a b2b so was thinking on turnaround day of walking outside the port. Again I have read of others doing that. Only problem is another Princess ship in port so might not be at terminal two.

Thanks to those responding to the question asked without calling me cheap when money wasn't the issue

Thanks again. Interesting responses by some people making assumptions. We are walkers. I thought I read on cc that someone had walked instead of waiting for shuttle or taxi.

We are doing a b2b so was thinking on turnaround day of walking outside the port. Again I have read of others doing that. Only problem is another Princess ship in port so might not be at terminal two.

Thanks to those responding to the question asked without calling me cheap when money wasn't the issue

If you are not boarding the ship then by all means I would walk.

I am reminded about the Port Of Miami.

People will ask can you walk to the port from say Bayside and often people will say no. We do it all the time when we stay downtown and when we are there for a back to back.

However, on embarkation day we just wouldn't do it. We love to walk but wouldn't want to pull luggage nor be sweaty when boarding the ship.

The good news is you have options and you can see where the ship will be docked and what the weather will be like.

Have a great time o the cruises.

Keith

If the ship is at terminal 2 we always walk to the ship. If it is raining I would take a taxi. We have a minimum of luggage and I like getting my daily walk in before we get on the ship.

We are from Minneapolis. Walking in the Florida sunshine is a treat in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums