8 Day NYC Cruise on the Sunshine starting at $3899??

matymil

I'm going on the Sunshine out of NYC next month and I was researching cruises for next year and found an 8 day Caribbean that starts at $3889....im assuming that's a typo or theres something really cool going on that I don't know about??

I'm going on the Sunshine out of NYC next month and I was researching cruises for next year and found an 8 day Caribbean that starts at $3889....im assuming that's a typo or theres something really cool going on that I don't know about??

Its sold out except the suites.

If the cruise is still 6+ months away and is nearly sold out then they will raise prices until people stop reserving new rooms. Supply and demand. But yes. That's a crazy price to me - but I also don't pay suite prices so not sure what is typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you talking about an 8 day cruise Summer2018 from NYC ? If so it will be on the brand new Horizon. Fares are definitely higher then..

Are you talking about an 8 day cruise Summer2018 from NYC ? If so it will be on the brand new Horizon. Fares are definitely higher then..

No it was towards the fall I believe. 100% on the Sunshine. The Horizon prices I checked actually aren't to bad.

The Sunshine will be relocating to Port Canaveral, so out of NYC will be the Horizon, and the cabins are available as low as 858 and as high as 1144 for the cheapest inside cabin on the 8 day itinerary, but nothing that starts out at 3889. There are 11 sailings from early June through the third week of September.

No it was towards the fall I believe. 100% on the Sunshine. The Horizon prices I checked actually aren't to bad.

I have no idea what you're looking at. The Sunshine will 100% be in Port Canaveral next summer. The only Carnival ship leaving from New York summer 2018 is the brand new Horizon. And while the prices are crazy high, I haven't seen anything with a starting price that steep.

Out of Port Canaveral June 29.2018. FOR 8 days. Carnival SUNSHINE.

Over Fourth of July.

2 Seniors, FL Residents, Early Saver. Platinum

Cat OV C,,,,,,,,,midship.2nd deck....................Aprox..........$2400. total for 2. Summertime prices. School is out. Parents can sail. It happens. We are going with family who has child in school. Have to suck it up. Supply and demand. Going to Aruba, God Willing. Excited

Been on Sunshine 2 times

Probably my favorite Carnival Ship

AWESOME activities staff

Food is good

Ship is lovely

I have no idea what you're looking at. The Sunshine will 100% be in Port Canaveral next summer. The only Carnival ship leaving from New York summer 2018 is the brand new Horizon. And while the prices are crazy high, I haven't seen anything with a starting price that steep.

The BREEZE is coming to Port Canaveral In September of 2018.

I think he was looking at the August 20, 2017 sailing of the Sunshine. Up until recently all that was left was the Captain's Suite which was $3889/ person for the sailing. I've been watching the sailing closely for an upgrade.

Did the OP say they were looking for a cruise from NYC next year? I didn't see that.:confused:

Bill

Facts in evidence:

A) OP is already sailing on the Sunshine out of NYC in September 2017 (post was dated August, next month is September)

B) OP is researching - looking for a cruise for NEXT YEAR - 2018

C) OP found an 8 day Caribbean that starts at $3889 or $3899 (2 prices are listed - the one in the title being different from the one in the text) The title indicates that the cruise is out of NYC on the Sunshine but other than "next year" the date is not specified.

I didn't think it was all that confusing except for the price being different. The OP also didn't mention WHERE this price was found - online booking site, TA site, or carnival.com. If the Sunshine will not be sailing from NYC next year at all, then clearly they have the wrong ship, the wrong port or some other mix up. They also don't mention whether the price is per person or for 2 or more in a cabin.

And I'm not sure why I feel the need to comment, except for all the other comments which I did find confusing :o

I took the OP's parameters, put them into Carnival's find a cruise, and instantly found the $3889 pp suite - with taxes and tips, that comes to $8,359.00 for a couple, as I said in Post #3.

Which ship, sailing, and embarkation port? That is where the ambiguity comes in with the OP's starting post.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

" I was researching cruises for next year and found an 8 day Caribbean that starts at $3889" Bzzzt - not a match. NEXT YEAR - not next month :D

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. That is where the ambiguity came in. It's outrageously priced because only suites are left and the cruise is this year, not next year. It was supposed to be on the Sunshine next year out of NYC, which is impossible since it relocates to Port Canaveral.

Now it all makes sense...the OP made a mistake.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just pleased The Breeze is coming to P.C. We sailed on it in Sept. of 2013. Hope we get to do so again. Sorry for mis -speaking. It will replace the Magic. As everyone knows. We have never been on the Magic. So.....................I tthought it was a great ship. Delighted to have it at P.C. Which is three hours from my home.

Sunshine is home ported in P.C. TWO very nice ships. Hoo Ray