What is the best night on Ruby to eat in the pay restaurants?

dvond

Really makes no difference. But make your reservation as soon as you can after you board.

I find that I enjoy going on a sea day night. Then I am not hurrying from a tour, etc. Then only thing is that night is usually a formal night in the main dining room if that means anything to you.

If you do not have traditional dining, then I also like to do the speciality dining the first night out. But then again, I am not that into the sail away party. I just make my reservation for around 7PM or so to enjoy my version of sail away.

Enjoy your cruise and that special dinner!

Pooh

Many prefer an At Sea day night but that is when the Formal nights will normally be in the MDR if that's of importance to you.

Just wondering if there were any specialties on certain days? We will be back on ship for dinner for all 3 stops so no worries there

The last night of the cruise. The dinner in the MDR is like TV dinners, no I take that back, cheap TV dinners at best. Their turkey is yuck and the meatloaf is like my sister in laws double juck.

I always book CG on the last night.

framer

We usually book the first night once on board.

Then depending on how long our cruise is, we will book another couple of nights.

You could wait to see what the menus are and if you don't like something one night try out specialty dining.

I think you can go to the dining room and request menus for other nights. Sometimes you can go to Passenger services and ask, but I don't really know.

Just wondering if there were any specialties on certain days? We will be back on ship for dinner for all 3 stops so no worries there

We just left the Ruby. The MDR for dinner offered a special selection of AK cuisine. The CG had a special added AK menu to the regular menu. Salmon and halibut were offered as I remember.

Formal nights were Sunday (1st day and sea day) and Thursday (Ketchikan port day but left the pier at 1 PM). We did the CG on Wednesday, the day the ship visited Glacier Bay earlier in the day. Because we did not visit a port, it seemed more like a sea day.

The last night of the cruise. The dinner in the MDR is like TV dinners, no I take that back, cheap TV dinners at best. Their turkey is yuck and the meatloaf is like my sister in laws double juck.

framer

What until your sister in laws see this post. No more meatloaf at her house for you :D :D.

Tony

framer

I totally agree with you. American Dinner is my least favorite and going to Sabatini's the last night makes the final meal on board a little more special.