Surge protector

pthjudy

I have been on 20 plus Princess cruises. I always brought a extension with a surge protector. Never had problem. Just found out about this issue a couple of months ago. So I am going out and buying an extension without a surge protector before our next cruise in Oct. I will pack it with my three bottles of Jack Daniels, my portable coffee maker and my medical marijuana, LOL

Don't forget your iron!

i have a green outlet extender i bring. i got it dec 26 one year for a couple of bucks because it is for christmas tree/lights. no surge, just plugs. just a tip for those of you who want a back up for your cpap.

i also have a usb hub similar to one posted earlier for phones and ipad.

• 3 months later...

Surge suppressor, power strip, extension cord! Nov. 26, 2017 on Emerald Princess. After many cruises with the same tools in my CPAP bag, I got sent to the "Terrorist corner". They did not like my UL approved power strip (it turns out it DOES say "surge protector", although they did not see that). They took away the 1 foot cord with 5 outlet thing they called a "power strip" but left me my extension cord (after looking at it like it was a snake) and they did not see my 3-way swivel outlet and I got to keep that.

Even after I made a fuss and tried to get the strip back from the contraband vault on the ship - they left me with a plan to "have it tested to be sure it was safe" - that resulted in a phone call message to my cabin that sounded like it was written by a corporate lawyer - they would "accommodate me" with an extension cord - which the room steward brought. A huge orange cord with a single plug at the end.

You should be prepared for any kind of possible drama about CPAP accessories, and have more than one plan -

I carry a simple 12’ UL approved extension cord for my CPAP everywhere I go. Recently purchased a charging receptacle that has three female plug ins plus three USB plug ins, non surge protector from Amazon. It’s called NTONPower, 5” in Diameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another one that I recently bought and will try out on our next cruise: https://www.amazon.com/NTONPOWER-Portable-Extension-Protector-Hotel-Black/dp/B0727WZM6R/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511744094&sr=8-3&keywords=cruise+ship+accessories

I had another travel strip that I have used on many Princess cruises without being told that it was a problem but when I looked into it further I learned that it did have surge protection. So I'm hoping that the new one will work out for us as well as the last one - at least it's safer!

Here's another one that I recently bought and will try out on our next cruise: https://www.amazon.com/NTONPOWER-Portable-Extension-Protector-Hotel-Black/dp/B0727WZM6R/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511744094&sr=8-3&keywords=cruise+ship+accessories

I had another travel strip that I have used on many Princess cruises without being told that it was a problem but when I looked into it further I learned that it did have surge protection. So I'm hoping that the new one will work out for us as well as the last one - at least it's safer!

That’s the one I purchased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the on-off switch turn on/off both the 110 outlets, and the usb charging?

I recently bought something like that with an idea -- a power strip with usb charger

But, the power switch only controls the usb charging, not the outlets. :(

Thank you.

I recently bought something like that with an idea -- a power strip with usb charger

Thank you.

It only controls the lighting and TV..

Not the AC or desk outlets.

Thank you.

It only controls the lighting and TV..

Not the AC or desk outlets.

I believe pablo222 is referring to the power switch on the donut-shaped power strip he referred to in the quote, not the power switch in the cabin.

Thank you.

Just gave it a try. The power switch turns off both so the entire device will be either on or off. I tested it with devices that show a charging symbol so I could be 100% sure. There's also a small light when it is on. Hope this helps.

Just gave it a try. The power switch turns off both so the entire device will be either on or off. I tested it with devices that show a charging symbol so I could be 100% sure. There's also a small light when it is on. Hope this helps.

Thank you for taking the time to test this for me.