re meat pies

1 hour ago, arxcards said: as cruise terminals go, it is a more than nice.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

You should get out to the backwaters more often. As far as cruise terminals go, it is a more than nice.

Most of our ships don't fit under the bridge but this season Disney Wonder as well as Viking some and other smaller ones will be doing a few turns at White Bay so a soggy roll or two could be a real possibility…..and the coffee is not too shabby either.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I was even familiar with the term because some kind folks took a poor uneducated Canadian and helped him to more properly understand the language that you folks claim is English 😁. Hopefully by the time we actually arrive in Oz, we won't need an interpreter.

You will cope well enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Most of our ships don't fit under the bridge but this season Disney Wonder as well as Viking some and other smaller ones will be doing a few turns at White Bay so a soggy roll or two could be a real possibility…..and the coffee is not too shabby either.

Yes, good coffee. So is the little caravan near OPT. I notice they have an extra van this year for some extra competition.

24 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, good coffee. So is the little caravan near OPT. I notice they have an extra van this year for some extra competition.

Yes, Sadly  Bruno’s is not open at 5:45 when I get to the OPT so we are forced to get our coffee from Macca’s  (it is the only one open at that time) which is average at best and I have not yet tried the “ newcomer” van, maybe one day when I can get a break  between debark and embark. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Yes, Sadly  Bruno’s is not open at 5:45 when I get to the OPT so we are forced to get our coffee from Macca’s  (it is the only one open at that time) which is average at best and I have not yet tried the “ newcomer” van, maybe one day when I can get a break  between debark and embark. 

Is City extra not 24hrs at present?

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Is City extra not 24hrs at present?

Not that I know of… since Aussie’s closed last year only the cardboard kings ( Maccas) are open at that time.😡 

Edited by gbenjo

23 hours ago, gbenjo said:

In an attempt to combine this topic with  our “ primary “ subject ie cruising, the coffee shop at White Bay Cruise Terminal sells a particularly delicious sausage roll.

Our Brilliance cruise (Cruisin' Country charter) 1st Dec is from CQ of course, so no opportunity for a White Bay sausage roll that day 🙂 I'll keep an eye out for you when boarding mate to say G'day. I'll be the one with a cowboy hat and Panthers shirt!!!

41 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Our Brilliance cruise (Cruisin' Country charter) 1st Dec is from CQ of course, so no opportunity for a White Bay sausage roll that day 🙂 I'll keep an eye out for you when boarding mate to say G'day. I'll be the one with a cowboy hat and Panthers shirt!!!

Giddey hup, yehaa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

You and a couple of  hundred others 😂 I will should  be up on deck scanning you in, so see you then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Yes you are correct  It is in the opposite direction when we get off the train so I never go that way but might give it a go

I guess that depends on whether it is the coffee or the bacon & egg muffin is the important ingredient

On 11/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, mr walker said:

And carrying a Crownie in each hand, lol. Mrs Walker will be pulling the bags, lol.

th.jpg.9ae487dd30d9cdd8d10da80783e8f596.jpg

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Ground beef, onion, mixed frozen vegetables. Mashed potatoes on top. It is so simple and quick.

Put a bit of red wine and paprika in the beef mix, makes it tastier. Being a cheese freak I have to sprinkle some grated cheese on top a couple of minutes before serving. Do mine in ye olde airfryer.

Might knock one up for dinner this evening. Glass of cab merlot to wash it down of course.

download.jpg.9f43905cd20005729c5f24a46fa79627.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 6

On 8/24/2017 at 11:57 PM, go fish 44 said:

We are staying at the Amora Hotel on Jamison in Sydney is there any where in this area where we can get a Meat Pie, we would love to try your meat pies?

Just a tad late to the party but while I have no input in terms of meat pies, being a vego, I can vouch for the great lentil or cauliflower pie from the frozen section of Coles.  Not the least bit helpful but worth mentioning.

Real reason for responding is first to say that I can't believe how long this thread has been active but also to say that I just love the Amora on Jamison.  This is our go to when in Sydney for a few days prior to a cruise.  Usually, if staying a for a while after a cruise, I tend to book somewhere cheaper with a kitchenette so I can do a bit of self catering - gotta start shedding that cruise ship weight at some point.

• Like 2

Just now, Bubbeh said:

Just a tad late to the party but while I have no input in terms of meat pies, being a vego, I can vouch for the great lentil or cauliflower pie from the frozen section of Coles.  Not the least bit helpful but worth mentioning.

Real reason for responding is first to say that I can't believe how long this thread has been active but also to say that I just love the Amora on Jamison.  This is our go to when in Sydney for a few days prior to a cruise.  Usually, if staying a for a while after a cruise, I tend to book somewhere cheaper with a kitchenette so I can do a bit of self catering - gotta start shedding that cruise ship weight at some point.

Welcome to the party, which has been going since 2017 !

Quite a few bakeries have veggie pies these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1