re meat pies

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Put a bit of red wine and paprika in the beef mix, makes it tastier. Being a cheese freak I have to sprinkle some grated cheese on top a couple of minutes before serving. Do mine in ye olde airfryer.

Might knock one up for dinner this evening. Glass of cab merlot to wash it down of course.

download.jpg.9f43905cd20005729c5f24a46fa79627.jpg

Funny you should mention that Uncle Les. There was a wee dram of port in the mix and a bit of smoked paprika. This mixture is not gluten free but if you were here it would be.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Funny you should mention that Uncle Les. There was a wee dram of port in the mix and a bit of smoked paprika. This mixture is not gluten free but if you were here it would be.

Hi Lyle, where is the gluten? Did you use wheat flour to thicken up the mixture?

I use rice flour at home. Bit of Worcestershire sauce in the mix gives a liittle spice as well. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mr walker said:

How many pies do you reckon have been consumed in that time mate ? - I reckon we have all had our fair share 😁 🥧 

A few thousand young Neil and several hundred sausage rolls.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Hi Lyle, where is the gluten? Did you use wheat flour to thicken up the mixture?

I use rice flour at home. Bit of Worcestershire sauce in the mix gives a liittle spice as well. 

Yes it was wheat flour. When we have guests we ask about their dietary needs and plan to accommodate them. There is Worcestershire sauce as well (Lee & Perrins is there any other) and also Cholula chipotle sauce.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, lyndarra said:

When I went to the chemist this morning I stopped at The Bakery and bought a "works" pie. Steak, onion, tomato and topped with mashed potato. I may have it for dinner tonight. If I remember I'll take a photo.

Meal of champions, enjoy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Managed to drag the pic from my phone.

Gravy instead of dead horse.

IMG_20231121_185519634.jpg

Nice feed that, good presentation mate. Is that a fried egg right side of plate?

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Managed to drag the pic from my phone.

Gravy instead of dead horse.

IMG_20231121_185519634.jpg

Yes, that is a fried egg. Plus veges, sans little green and white trees.

The photo does not show the real bulk of the pie, it's about double the volume of the cheap frozen variety.

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Lyle has started a new trend in meat pie dishes, poached or fried egg.  Some bakeries here sell a brekkie pie, minced beef, egg,  bacon and cheese within.  Dead horse is OK. Lubbly Jubbly.

download.png.48b032d6959d6d5e3146dd854e2c4747.png

Often called a Ned Kelly pie, and one of my local bakeries does a good one - Ridgey Didge Pies

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Often called a Ned Kelly pie, and one of my local bakeries does a good one - Ridgey Didge Pies

That is lucky. The last place I knew that made that pie closed down. As such is life🤷‍♀️

Fancy pie last night butcher made chicken and tarragon. Ver nice flaky pastry and really nice succulent chicken. Definitely one to buy again. Tomorrow trying the lamb ragu pie. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Best meat pie I've eaten this trip 20231123_142238.thumb.jpg.bc8f6cae3bdca298b5f4efabbcafb30a.jpg

Lamb and rosemary  at Wattlesbank in Richmond .

Love those cute chip containers. Good for health that they don't hold too many chips as I just keep eating hot chips until they are all gone.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Love those cute chip containers. Good for health that they don't hold too many chips as I just keep eating hot chips until they are all gone.  

In Kingston Tassie I used to love the sweet potato chips from the fish and chip shop there. 

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They say that sweet potato is better for you but only if you are not eating bigger portions than normal chips before. They are too delicious 

When I opened my ottolenghi simple cookbook it opened at sweet potato chips. Guess I should make them now!