Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

If people are so desperate that they would genuinely go to that trouble, then perhaps they should be taking their holidays at The Priory rather than on a P&O Cruise :')

Or Butlins or Pontins, if they still exist.:')

If people are so desperate that they would genuinely go to that trouble, then perhaps they should be taking their holidays at The Priory rather than on a P&O Cruise :')

I think a world cruise would be cheaper than the Priory,lol.

As a lot have said we enjoy a drink on the balcony when getting changed, so we bring a couple of bottles of Gin/Rum with us generally these will last 2 weeks. It's not the just cost of the drink it's the convenience of having it in the cabin, the Gin fine it's £4 more than Tesco at this time no problem but I like my Havana Club rum or Mount Gay they don't sell it so I'm stuck with Bacardi which I'm not keen on. We have a 24 night cruise coming up, the intention was to take 2 bottles from home and then top up in Barbados. Looks like that's now out the window. Solution is to take 2 Rum from home and buy the Gin onboard then top up with Mount Gay to replace when I get home. but it's not what i wanted to do as I struggle to get 7 year Havana Club in the UK.

Kev

Noisy, running wild around the ship, pressing all the lift buttons etc,etc.

P&O recognise people want peace and quiet away from kids thats why they have adult only ships.

Dont want to hijack or derail a very valid thread but I’m sure this has been said before:

Most of the very rude, ignorant behavior I’ve seen on cruises tends to be from those 65+ :confused:

I think a world cruise would be cheaper than the Priory,lol.

A Salvation Army Rehab Centre would be a better deal. :halo: The Salvos do a great job. One of the very few charities I donate to. Carnival Corporation is another.

Dont want to hijack or derail a very valid thread but I’m sure this has been said before:

Most of the very rude, ignorant behavior I’ve seen on cruises tends to be from those 65+ :confused:

I've never found that myself but it's often said on forums. I've always presumed it to be posted by people with children. Unfortunately today's children unlike years ago are no longer expected to be seen and not heard.

An unnecessary, rude and ignorant generalization, added nothing to the discussion.

I've never been in a hotel that searches your bags and bans you from bringing alcohol in. Naturally like any cruise ship you cant drink it in the restaurants but you can do what you like in your room and on your balcony .

I think P&O are severely underestimating their market here. They claim their bar prices are normal pub prices but in reality they are far more expensive than your average pub but just about 'doeable' if you know what I mean.

If this is the case then its goodbye from us.

There is a fine line between the massive land based all inclusive holiday long haul market and a cruise ship that allows you to bring on your own alcohol for consumption in your cabin / balcony. If they want to cross it so be it - we''ll go elsewhere and I'll be drinking my all inclusive drinks on a Caribbean beach or Mauritius rather than the Britannia for alot less money.

All inclusive drink packages on Celebrity / NCL are a rip off and certainly take the price up to a new level . I guess this is the way things are going, which is a shame and that Caribbean cruise in March will be off the agenda - more for the principal I guess.

We're trying Thomson (Marella as it is now called), all inclusive and tips included. I've not heard many negative things lately and I won't then come home to a credit card bill. We don't like the big ships so wanted to give them a try. Plus in a two week holiday only one sea day, of course many may like the sea days.

I do wonder what P&O are thinking, as many of there older traditional customers must be getting less as the years go by.

Keith (Southend)

Why only 1 bottle of wine or 1 LITRE of spirits. Hardly a reasonable comparison. Us wine drinkers are being duscriminated against.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I agree entirely. It's ok for my hubby he can still take his bottle of gin but I'm only able to take a bottle of wine? I do not drink spirits and do like a glass or two of wine when in our cabin getting ready for the evening. Would have been better if P&O let you bring 2 bottles of wine or 1 litre of spirits or maybe some cans of beer/lager per person. Doesn't seem fair as 1 bottle of wine will only last me approx 2/3 days whereas a litre bottle of spirits will last quite a while longer. Not too bothered as will just have to purchase bottle of wine from room service.

Not sure but will you still be able to bring soft drinks on board? Thinking about tonic water - hubby usually brings a dozen small tonic mixers.

We're trying Thomson (Marella as it is now called), all inclusive and tips included. I've not heard many negative things lately and I won't then come home to a credit card bill. We don't like the big ships so wanted to give them a try. Plus in a two week holiday only one sea day, of course many may like the sea days.

I do wonder what P&O are thinking, as many of there older traditional customers must be getting less as the years go by.

Keith (Southend)

We're trying Marella next September They do seem to be getting their act together with the newer old ships from what I've read, could be an alternative in the Brit market.

I don't know what P&O are doing here - it won't affect us that much as we rarely drink in the cabin, but, many on here do . It appears from some of the comments that all this has done is give people another reason to look elsewhere for their next cruise.

IMHO P&O would be better employed policing the blatant abuse of people drinking their own drink in the bars and open decks.

Well, this thread certainly shows how different we all are on this Forum. For some (like me) this is just not a big deal and yet others are ready to 'walk the plank' to a different cruise line. With the exception of maybe two lines of broadly similar appeal (Thomson - sorry Marella :rolleyes: - and NCL) who both offer All-Inclusive as standard, all the other 'middle-mass-market' lines have the same restrictions or a complete ban on taking it aboard. On that basis, I am not sure where pax are going to get a better deal/experience.

Good Evening Everyone,

Please don’t judge me, because my first post on this forum is about alcohol! 😂

I’m after a little clarity please. I travel aboard the Azura at the beginning of December ‘17 and wish to know if these new rules will apply to me.

I was hoping to purchase 2 litres of spirits from the airport to take into our cabin for the duration of our two week cruise. I only intend on consuming them while in our cabin.

As the cruise continues I would have also liked to purchase some local beers to take on board also and some mixers for spirits.

Can anyone advise if any of the above will be allowed during my December cruise.

Many Thanks.

Good Evening Everyone,

Please don’t judge me, because my first post on this forum is about alcohol! [emoji23]

I’m after a little clarity please. I travel aboard the Azura at the beginning of December ‘17 and wish to know if these new rules will apply to me.

I was hoping to purchase 2 litres of spirits from the airport to take into our cabin for the duration of our two week cruise. I only intend on consuming them while in our cabin.

As the cruise continues I would have also liked to purchase some local beers to take on board also and some mixers for spirits.

Can anyone advise if any of the above will be allowed during my December cruise.

Many Thanks.

The new policy comes into effect on Feb 1st next year, so you can do everything that you wish on your cruise.

Thanks, but I don’t seem to see any dates on there stating it doesn’t come into affect until 1st Feb.

One other question, while you’re being so helpful. Where will I find the current policy?

Not sure where I saw the dates - there have been thousands of comments on that well known socal networking site, so probably in there.

You might be able to find the existing policy in the current brochure - I imagine all the web-based pages have now been altered.

Not sure where I saw the dates - there have been thousands of comments on that well known socal networking site, so probably in there.

You might be able to find the existing policy in the current brochure - I imagine all the web-based pages have now been altered.

From what I read enforcement of alcohol policy, 1 litre of spirits, 1 bottle of wine/beer etc is in now and dress codes/code of conduct in from January 1, 2018. As has been said, too many conflicting posts on the subject. Best ring P&O.;)

From what I read enforcement of alcohol policy, 1 litre of spirits, 1 bottle of wine/beer etc is in now and dress codes/code of conduct in from January 1, 2018. As has been said, too many conflicting posts on the subject. Best ring P&O.;)
No restrictions being placed on passengers embarking today.