Cruise Critic Community
HallOfPromise

Hurricane Irma Watch

Have you heard of any that actually touched down? I am reading a FB group for a Sebastian community that my mom has a house in and someone posted about a tornado earlier near Micco and Grant. Wondering if that is true or not.

I would like to know if it touch down too. I have friends in Barefoot Bay. They left to Orlando to be safe. But I am wondering about their house. If my condo is OK and their home is not,they are going to live in mine. Hoping for the best.

I would like to know if it touch down too. I have friends in Barefoot Bay. They left to Orlando to be safe. But I am wondering about their house. If my condo is OK and their home is not,they are going to live in mine. Hoping for the best.

Like a needle in a haystack for Florida Tornados

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These people are standing in 3" of water and talking about the floods and storm surge. These same roads do this in heavy thunderstorms.

There's about 2' of Biscayne Bay on Brickell right now, and it's getting deeper. I've never seen this in a thunderstorm.

Edited by Cruzaholic41

Like a needle in a haystack for Florida Tornados

I know. They are safe in Orlando. And as long as my home is OK they will have a place to live.

FLL is supposed to be closed till noon on Tuesday.

Airport reopening does not mean commercial service returning.

When the Houston airports reopened after Harvey, it was at least two days before commercial flights started again and a week until the full schedule of flights resumed. Last to resume were the international flights.

That is exactly where I am talking about. There are a few different groups they have on FB where people are posting videos of current conditions. Lots of people didn't evacuate, even though they are under a mandatory evacuation.

Spleen stomper can you give an idea of forecasted storm surge for Boca, Highland Beach, Delray, Boynton, Lake Worth?

I'll update as long as I can. We expect the worst around 2 AM. If I don't post, we're safe, sound, without power and/or internet.

The other thing I learned is that cell signals may not work when there is enough moisture in the air. Article here.

Spleen stomper can you give an idea of forecasted storm surge for Boca, Highland Beach, Delray, Boynton, Lake Worth?

Yes, give me a few minutes and I'll find it! meanwhile, here is Levi's excellent morning update for Sunday:

I am in Orange County (Orlando area) and we are now under tornado watch

This update just posted.

September 10 | Impacts from Hurricane Irma have begun. Expect conditions to continually deteriorate throughout the day. Sustained winds of tropical storm conditions are occurring in the Treasure Coast & will continue to advance northward. Tornadoes are possible as rain bands move through the area!

Tornado Watch is in effect for Brevard, Osceola, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin & Okeechobee counties

Flood Watch in effect for all east central Florida counties

Hurricane Warnings & Storm Surge Warnings in effect for all east central Florida counties & coastlines.

21544048_1464632373622444_6793834933534892315_o.jpg?oh=b7b5317b621563256f1d39fc49f83c39&oe=5A525189

Edited by dreadpirate3

The link is too long for CC.

Go to forecast.weather.gov and put your area in and read the hazardous weather report.

The link is too long for CC.

Go to forecast.weather.gov and put your area in and read the hazardous weather report.

If we are ever on the same ship let me buy you a drink

Brevard County (central east coast) had a crazy 2 hours. Tornado warnings, a confirmed touch down, 4-6 mobile homes destroyed in Palm Bay(reports vary), no injuries. At the moment, it is relatively calm.

Brevard County (central east coast) had a crazy 2 hours. Tornado warnings, a confirmed touch down, 4-6 mobile homes destroyed in Palm Bay(reports vary), no injuries. At the moment, it is relatively calm.

Here is the story on that. Link

Thanks, the report I saw has been updated to Palm Bay also.