Hurricane Irma Watch

Melbourne is getting band after band, and it just keeps getting worse. Probably will lose power soon. For this being a couple hundred miles away, it's pretty bad here. Can't even imagine being on the west coast.

So far, the eastern side of the storm has been much worse than the western side.

We are in Leesburg Florida and Irma has not reached us yet. We still have power and cable but do not expect that to last. I would ask a favor of you who are reporting from around Florida -- would you kindly list your city in your post? I don't get signatures so I don't know where you are. I hope all of you are safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in Leesburg Florida and Irma has not reached us yet. We still have power and cable but do not expect that to last. I would ask a favor of you who are reporting from around Florida -- would you kindly list your city in your post? I don't get signatures so I don't know where you are. I hope all of you are safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are from Palm Beach Gardens, but currently in Orlando. Our home is without power but we are fine so far here in Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just heard that some of the bridges might be heavily damaged. The Sheriff just announced that the Keys are closed. No one, including residents, are allowed in.

Some pics and videos have been shared with me on FB. The Keys are in really bad shape.

When you say bad shape, just what do you mean.....as bad as the windward islands?

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

OMG the poor cat dude!:loudcry: And all the chickens! No word from the Hemingway House? No word about the bridge?

From what my friends in the Keys are telling me, Key West didn't do too bad. There is some flooding and some wind damage, but they were on the better side of the storm. Cudjoe Key through Marathon seems to have taken the worst hit.

I'm told the 7 Mile bridge and Niles Channel bridge (26 mm) were "compromised." Not sure what that means yet though.

From what my friends in the Keys are telling me, Key West didn't do too bad. There is some flooding and some wind damage, but they were on the better side of the storm. Cudjoe Key through Marathon seems to have taken the worst hit.

I'm told the 7 mile Bridge and Niles channel bridge (26 mm) were "compromised." Not sure what that means yet though.

Thanks, glad your friends are OK.

I googled it too and got a different site, no pics of them just pics of a distaster area, but that site did say the cats were safe. Maybe people, not so much. So sad.

The article actually said they all survived and only a few trees down at the house. TMZ spoke to the manager or at least that's what the article said

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

Wednesday might be OK, but at this point I'd prefer a non-stop from ORD.