Cruise Critic Community
HallOfPromise

Hurricane Irma Watch

Melbourne is getting band after band, and it just keeps getting worse. Probably will lose power soon. For this being a couple hundred miles away, it's pretty bad here. Can't even imagine being on the west coast.

Melbourne is getting band after band, and it just keeps getting worse. Probably will lose power soon. For this being a couple hundred miles away, it's pretty bad here. Can't even imagine being on the west coast.

So far, the eastern side of the storm has been much worse than the western side.

So far, the eastern side of the storm has been much worse than the western side.

The eastern side is always the worse due to the rotation and the storms movement.

So apparently Empress allowed passengers to stay on board after they docked, and she's now in Galveston, where people can get off tomorrow if they want to.

I am just north of Orlando (10-15min) we still have power and have no issues but local friends are reporting outtages

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in Leesburg Florida and Irma has not reached us yet. We still have power and cable but do not expect that to last. I would ask a favor of you who are reporting from around Florida -- would you kindly list your city in your post? I don't get signatures so I don't know where you are. I hope all of you are safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in Leesburg Florida and Irma has not reached us yet. We still have power and cable but do not expect that to last. I would ask a favor of you who are reporting from around Florida -- would you kindly list your city in your post? I don't get signatures so I don't know where you are. I hope all of you are safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are from Palm Beach Gardens, but currently in Orlando. Our home is without power but we are fine so far here in Orlando.

I just heard that some of the bridges might be heavily damaged. The Sheriff just announced that the Keys are closed. No one, including residents, are allowed in.

Some pics and videos have been shared with me on FB. The Keys are in really bad shape.

When you say bad shape, just what do you mean.....as bad as the windward islands?

Power is on at the Port of Miami. That's a great sign for those embarking or disembarking this week.

Disaster mortuary teams were sent to the Keys for their humanitarian crisis...

OMG the poor cat dude!:loudcry: And all the chickens! No word from the Hemingway House? No word about the bridge?

OMG the poor cat dude!:loudcry: And all the chickens! No word from the Hemingway House? No word about the bridge?

I don't know how true this is

b4d8a9c499e7af972b6bef1ac96840b7.jpg

I don't know how true this is

b4d8a9c499e7af972b6bef1ac96840b7.jpg

I googled it too and got a different site, no pics of them just pics of a distaster area, but that site did say the cats were safe. Maybe people, not so much. So sad.

Praying for all in Florida! My brother and his family are in Melbourne, they are thankfully ok for now. Currently we are on Harmony leaving Cozumel. Seas are very rocky so I can't even imagine how bad tomorrow might be.

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

From what my friends in the Keys are telling me, Key West didn't do too bad. There is some flooding and some wind damage, but they were on the better side of the storm. Cudjoe Key through Marathon seems to have taken the worst hit.

I'm told the 7 Mile bridge and Niles Channel bridge (26 mm) were "compromised." Not sure what that means yet though.

From what my friends in the Keys are telling me, Key West didn't do too bad. There is some flooding and some wind damage, but they were on the better side of the storm. Cudjoe Key through Marathon seems to have taken the worst hit.

I'm told the 7 mile Bridge and Niles channel bridge (26 mm) were "compromised." Not sure what that means yet though.

Thanks, glad your friends are OK.

I googled it too and got a different site, no pics of them just pics of a distaster area, but that site did say the cats were safe. Maybe people, not so much. So sad.

The article actually said they all survived and only a few trees down at the house. TMZ spoke to the manager or at least that's what the article said

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

Wednesday might be OK, but at this point I'd prefer a non-stop from ORD.

9f02d689d241ae5c69be18360dcad3c5.jpg

I am in NW Orlando, and we have had internet and cable out since 7 pm, and power flickering for the last hour.

Tornadoes are on the ground in Brevard, Lake, and Seminole counties so far.

Be safe, stay inside, and watch for emergency alerts.

Sent from Middle Earth.

Hi

Was booked on Harmony, Sept 9th sailing and couldn't wait to go. It was pushed out to September 12th. Boarding to 5PM but couldn't go because all flights into Fl had been cancelled from NJ, PHILA, Del, NY area. bummer