Hurricane Irma Watch

We're weathering it on Enchantment of the Seas just south of the western tip of Cuba next to the Grand Celebration from West Palm Beach. You can follow the evacuation cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2541814

Ship locations can be scene at www.cruisemapper.com

Between Cuba and Cozumel it looks like a parking lot.

irma-button-280-cc.jpg.995f8a9bf21d0c8e03bf81f749f7400e.jpg

Thanks for the info. I hope they all come through this OK - even the boneheads. We all have some of those, I think

I just heard that some of the bridges might be heavily damaged. The Sheriff just announced that the Keys are closed. No one, including residents, are allowed in.

Some pics and videos have been shared with me on FB. The Keys are in really bad shape.

2PM Update

21557529_1531760656889409_2014123602555522241_n.jpg?oh=9dad72eaf352aca64a4fc916261d1e76&oe=5A5E9071

Hurricane Irma Intermediate Advisory Number 46A

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL

200 PM EDT Sun Sep 10 2017

...IRMA CONTINUES TO BATTER SOUTH FLORIDA...

...STRONGEST WINDS EXPECTED IN MARCO ISLAND/NAPLES AREA WITHIN THE

NEXT COUPLE OF HOURS...

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION

----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...25.6N 81.8W

ABOUT 35 MI...55 KM S OF NAPLES FLORIDA

ABOUT 70 MI...115 KM S OF FT. MYERS FLORIDA

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...120 MPH...195 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...936 MB...27.64 INCHES

At 200 PM EDT (1800 UTC), the center of Hurricane Irma was located near latitude 25.6 North, longitude 81.8 West. Irma is moving toward the north near 12 mph (19 km/h), and a north-northwestward motion with a further increase in forward speed is expected later today, with that motion continuing through Monday. On the forecast track, the center of Irma should move near or over the southwest and west coast of the Florida Peninsula later today through tonight. Irma should then move inland over northern Florida and southwestern Georgia Monday afternoon.

Maximum sustained winds are near 120 mph (195 km/h) with higher gusts. Irma is a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. While weakening is forecast, Irma is expected to remain a powerful hurricane while it moves near or along the west coast of Florida.

Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles (130 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 220 miles (350 km). A 62 mph (100 km/h) sustained wind and 99 mph (158 km/h) gust was recently reported at the Federal Aviation Administration station at Miami International Airport. An 81 mph (130 km/h) wind gust was recently reported at the Miami Weather Forecast Office/National Hurricane Center.

The minimum central pressure reported by an Air Force Hurricane Hunter aircraft is 936 mb (27.64 inches).

We are in Sarasota and it is about to get ugly.

Hopefully you are not near the water because there looks to be a surge coming of around 10'. It also looks like the eye is about go ashore near Naples and Marco Island, and if it continues north from there and does not veer west, it should past east of you, which is much better than was forecast earlier. Good luck.

We are in Sarasota and it is about to get ugly.

We have spent many happy Novembers staying on Siesta Key at Crescent Beach and at Timberwoods near the mall in Sarasota. We are following CNN in Scotland. You are in our prayers please let us know how it goes. Margaret and Neil

Prayers and thoughts to you. My mom has a waterfront condo at St Armand's and we have been watching this for what feels left me weeks. Be safe.

Love St.Armand's. I hope her condo survives.

We are due to go down at the end of October to a friend's condo right on Siesta. We're hoping it survives as well.

Be so careful. Siesta key is like our second home, we are worried sick about the island and all the people and animals. Thinking of you!!

My mom lives in a condo on LBK in the winter. Fingers crossed that everyone and everything is relatively safe but not encouraged at this point. Been going to St. Armands, the Mote, Salty Dog and children's garden for years. Really love it down there. Very sad day.

My mom lives in a condo on LBK in the winter. Fingers crossed that everyone and everything is relatively safe but not encouraged at this point. Been going to St. Armands, the Mote, Salty Dog and children's garden for years. Really love it down there. Very sad day.

I'm with you.

Looks like the area might be okay, looks a bit more promising now with the storm shifting west and down to a Cat 2. Let's hope!