Hurricane Irma Watch

For those on board the Harmony right now, have you received an update from the Captain regarding your return to Port Everglades?

I'm sure he will update us as soon as he knows for sure. I was just curious if anybody else has some inside info.On the cruise compass there is A Captain's Corner Q&A With the captain and chief officers at 10:30 this morning.

Brother is on Harmony and they are still scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Always subject to change.

Where are people going to go if the airports don't open up until Wednesday? I suppose they are going to stay on the ship while in port?

Reporting from Melbourne: We lost power around 1;30 am. It was a lot worse here than predicted yesterday morning. We started getting bands around 10 am, and it just kept going and going. Our power came back about an hour ago :p

We lost a few shingles, and some tore through our screen room. Our lake came dangerously close to flooding some of the homes here, but I don't think any did flood. Our streets turned into rivers. Some people have some fencing down, and our next door neighbor's solar panels for the pool are shredded. Ours are fine (different company). A few small trees and bushes uprooted in the neighborhood. Overall, we were very fortunate. It was scary though, and worse than Matthew last year.

Is that photo of people walking down the pier a current photo of St Maarten? It looks like people are just calmly returning from shore excursions.

I would say it definitely is a current photo. If you look at it again, people are rolling suitcases down the pier. You wouldn't have a line of people like that with suitcases on a normal port day.

I would say it definitely is a current photo. If you look at it again, people are rolling suitcases down the pier. You wouldn't have a line of people like that with suitcases on a normal port day.

I guess I wasn't expecting to see so many structures intact. Unfortunately it's very possible I'm mixing up/mis-remembering which islands have received the worst damage. Lots to go around.

Captain just gave us the update. Still planning on arriving tomorrow morning and says we have priority for getting into the port. He says we have to wait for confirmation from Coast Guard. Seas are 12-15ft.

I'm surprised that they are arriving tomorrow with so many flights already cancelled tomorrow. ...Can't help feel for those trying to get in and out of FLL tomorrow.

Those people were evacuating. Last time I was there the hillside was green. Compare with this photo.

64182e5fd1169c1c578c148240e95e2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Broward County mayor's recent press conference thanks to the Sun-Sentinel website.

AIRPORT: The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will open Tuesday at 4 a.m., Sharief (the mayor) said.

PORT EVERGLADES: The port, which receives and distributes fuel to 12 counties, is being assessed for damage.

I noted that there was no mention in the article about the status of the return of cruise ships to Port Everglades.

I'm supposed to fly in tomorrow (Tuesday) for the Allure now 9/13 departure on Wednesday. I'm bringing my infant daughter, and I just called the Marriott residence Inn and they said still no power and no idea when coming back online. I'm thinking maybe best to just cancel the trip. I don't want to show up and 1. find out I have no room, or 2. have no power with a baby there.

I'm supposed to fly in tomorrow (Tuesday) for the Allure now 9/13 departure on Wednesday. I'm bringing my infant daughter, and I just called the Marriott residence Inn and they said still no power and no idea when coming back online. I'm thinking maybe best to just cancel the trip. I don't want to show up and 1. find out I have no room, or 2. have no power with a baby there.

Sounds like a good plan, I am on the Allure right now and we have not have positive confirmation we will be in Wednesday.

Right about 2:05 in this video is the little marina walking distance from the cruise docks, where the Lord Sheffield was moored, we walked through that turquoise gate to board her...if anyone on here remembers, Grumpy, Sheila?? It also shows the harbor and pier area with Adventure docked...I'm afraid the construction guy on it was correct, no one is going ashore here for a very long time...makes the heart ache!:loudcry: