Hurricane Irma Watch

Hi

Was booked on Harmony, Sept 9th sailing and couldn't wait to go. It was pushed out to September 12th. Boarding to 5PM but couldn't go because all flights into Fl had been cancelled from NJ, PHILA, Del, NY area. bummer

Is Royal not offering anything to you considering the FLL airport is closed without an opening date? You can't be the only person unable to get to the port!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is Royal not offering anything to you considering the FLL airport is closed without an opening date? You can't be the only person unable to get to the port!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're offering them the same thing they're offering everyone else who's sailing has been delayed:

"Harmony of the Seas:

The new departure date will be on Tuesday, 9/12 and we will sail a 4-night itinerary to Cozumel, Mexico. To give you additional time to travel to the port, we expect to begin boarding at 5 pm. We know this change is disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 50% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit.

Given the changes to these sailings, if you are unable to travel and need to cancel your cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard."

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

This past February I was due to fly from Cleveland through Philly on the way to San Juan the day of that big East Coast snowstorm. When I logged into the airlines web site the day before for my boarding pass, they had already rerouted me through Charlotte since Philly was closed. If FLL can't reopen due to any damage issues, you can bet the airlines will be scrambling to reroute people.

From the Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale newspaper) website (www.sun-sentinel.com):

8:40 p.m.; Airport, port and shelters:
Broward County officials hope to have Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport partially open for flights on Tuesday and Port Everglades ready to accept cruise ships on Wednesday.

County spokesman Ric Barrick said officials plan to inspect the airfield Monday and depending on the level of debris and damage, airlines could be allowed to reposition their planes to the airport to begin flights on Tuesday morning. However, that’s far from certain as officials are already aware of flooding on the western portion of the north runway that could delay the airport’s ability to bring planes into the airport.

Crews will also do an aerial survey of the port with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to check out the channels and to see if the port can bring in cruise ships currently scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Barrick said.

Hi guys. There are TONS of comments on this thread, so apologies if these have already been posted, but I thought I'd share Cruise Critic's coverage with you in case it's of interest.

Hurricane Irma Unprecedented for Cruise Industry: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8063

Hurricane Irma Prompts Cruise Itinerary Changes and Cancellations: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8046

Caribbean Cruise Ports Assess Damage From Hurricane Irma: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8055

Cruise Lines Assist With Hurricane Irma Evacuations: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8058

Florida Cruise Ports Shut Down for Hurricane Irma: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8062

The link is too long for CC.

Go to forecast.weather.gov and put your area in and read the hazardous weather report.

I have never seen a link too long for CC.

They truncate what is displayed, but if you click on it, it works.

But if you copy the link as displayed, the truncated copy will not work when you paste it.

From the Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale newspaper) website (www.sun-sentinel.com):

8:40 p.m.; Airport, port and shelters:
Broward County officials hope to have Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport partially open for flights on Tuesday and Port Everglades ready to accept cruise ships on Wednesday.

County spokesman Ric Barrick said officials plan to inspect the airfield Monday and depending on the level of debris and damage, airlines could be allowed to reposition their planes to the airport to begin flights on Tuesday morning. However, that’s far from certain as officials are already aware of flooding on the western portion of the north runway that could delay the airport’s ability to bring planes into the airport.

Crews will also do an aerial survey of the port with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to check out the channels and to see if the port can bring in cruise ships currently scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, Barrick said.

Currently on the Harmony and can't sleep because my family in Central Florida are feeling the full effects of Irma right now and I'm worried about them. We are scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning at Port Everglades. Is it true it won't be until Wednesday now? If anyone has further information please share!

Hey people, I'm from Chicago and will be sailing on Adventure out of San Juan next Saturday (9/16). Heading there via Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday. Is anybody on this thread in Lauderdale and if so, what are the conditions there presently? Really hoping that the airport will be up and running by then! :)

There is a difference between being up and running versus having a normal flight schedule operating.

After Harvey in Houston, it was two days before HOU and IAH reopened, but an additional two days before commercial flights resumed and several more days until airlines were running full schedules.

You may want to check with your airline to see if they can get you to San Juan via a different airport than FLL (or MIA) on Wednesday.

If you stay with your current reservation and the Wednesday flights get cancelled, there may not be space available on several subsequent days once flights resume.

United States Virgin Islands seems to have been very badly damaged.

"We need help," she says. "We need the United States government to step up. We need military. We need security. We all survived this monster storm. But will we survive the aftermath?"

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/10/549981547/the-rubble-and-recovery-of-u-s-virgin-islands-will-we-survive-the-aftermath

Currently on the Harmony and can't sleep because my family in Central Florida are feeling the full effects of Irma right now and I'm worried about them. We are scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning at Port Everglades. Is it true it won't be until Wednesday now? If anyone has further information please share!

On Harmony too... just had text @ 630a from friend in Ft Laud, said it was on radio that Port Everglades AND airport closed until weds!

Can anyone else confirm this?

My home St Pete beach area, storm surge getting bad, and could be underwater soon..

Good luck to your family too, hope they are ok.

Edited by sheilb4

We survived in Sarasota. It got pretty rough last night and not sure if any trees are down and don't really care as long as all of my family is ok!

Yah, I watched TV all day and as it went on things looked promising. I'm thinking we will have an email from the condo association today.

On Harmony too... just had text @ 630a from friend in Ft Laud, said it was on radio that Port Everglades AND airport closed until weds!

My home St Pete beach area, storm surge getting bad, and could be underwater soon..

They are okay! They said it was very scary at times. Good luck with your home. Hopefully we will find out soon about the port opening.

They are okay! They said it was very scary at times. Good luck with your home. Hopefully we will find out soon about the port opening.

Thanks.

Yes indeed, that's the real clarification! Hope not true, just wanna get home to check damage like most everyone else I am sure.

Let's hope my source "mis-heard" and was wrong.

We are scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning at Port Everglades. Is it true it won't be until Wednesday now? If anyone has further information please share!

See post #1537 . That information was from the Broward County (owns and operates both the port and airport) Emergency Operations Center yesterday evening. If I see an update today I'll post it.

See post #1537 . That information was from the Broward County (owns and operates both the port and airport) Emergency Operations Center yesterday evening. If I see an update today I'll post it.

Not sure about when FLL will open but all Southwest flights on Tuesday to FLL are cancelled.

Did anyone else hear when Harmony will return?

The Captain will fill you in this morning if your schedule will change.

This is from the FAA site:

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION

provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center

Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) Real-time StatusThe status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.Due to WX/HURRICANE, the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL) was closed as of Sep 09 at 07:44 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 12:00 PM EDT.Delays by Destination:

• Due to CLSD EXCEPT EMERG OPS, the Naples Muni Airport (APF) was closed as of Sep 08 at 06:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 15 at 04:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT EMERG OPS, the Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB)was closed as of Sep 10 at 08:38 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 06:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT EMERG OPS, the Key West International Airport (EYW) was closed as of Sep 11 at 06:01 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 15 at 06:00 AM EDT.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the HWO airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 01:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Oct 01 at 01:00 UTC.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) was closed as of Sep 10 at 09:36 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 12:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MBGT airport was closed as of Sep 06 at 22:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 19:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT MIL/RELIEF OPS, the MBPV airport was closed as of Sep 06 at 22:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 19:00 UTC.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE EXC 4 HOUR PPR, the Orlando International Airport (MCO)was closed as of Sep 09 at 05:58 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 12:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT EMERG A/C AND MILOPS, the Miami International Airport (MIA) was closed as of Sep 09 at 08:27 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 12:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the Melbourne International Airport (MLB) was closed as of Sep 10 at 10:55 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 07:59 PM EDT.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MUCC airport was closed as of Sep 08 at 17:03 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 25 at 12:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MUCM airport was closed as of Sep 08 at 17:02 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 12:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MUHA airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 20:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 16:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MUSC airport was closed as of Sep 08 at 17:04 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 12:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MUVR airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 13:30 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 12:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MYAM airport was closed as of Sep 08 at 23:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 16:00 UTC.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the MYGF airport was closed as of Sep 08 at 16:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 10:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT MIL OPS, the OPF airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 17:52 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 12:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLSD TO AIR CARRIER OPS, the Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) was closed as of Sep 10 at 05:17 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 05:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the St Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE)was closed as of Sep 08 at 11:00 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 07:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the SFB airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 23:30 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 10:30 UTC.
  • Due to WX/HURRICANE, the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) was closed as of Sep 09 at 08:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 03:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT MIL AND RELIEF OPS, the TIST airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 15:37 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 15 at 23:59 UTC.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT PPR AND MIL TRAFFIC, the TNCM airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 11:30 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 20:40 UTC.
  • Due to CLSD EXCEPT PPR AND MIL TRAFFIC, the Tampa International Airport (TPA)was closed as of Sep 09 at 08:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 11 at 06:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to WEATHER/HURRICANE, the VRB airport was closed as of Sep 09 at 11:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 12 at 11:00 UTC.

General Departure Delays: Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.This information was last updated: Sep 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM GMT

Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.

CLOSE WINDOW