Hurricane Irma Watch

It has been in the projected cone for last 6 days or longer. The cone narrows as it get closer in time. The media choose Miami to be their hit spot for more hysteria and sensational reporting. Call it their narrative.

These people are standing in 3" of water and talking about the floods and storm surge. These same roads do this in heavy thunderstorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The projected path was Miami a few days ago so of course that's where the media was. Whats the problem?

I respectfully beg to differ. And I'm not a big one for "forum conflict". Jose is still a player, which by now it should not have been. A northbound turn is not guaranteed.

From your article:

The future path of Jose after it makes its stalling loop in the western Atlantic remains uncertain, but we will continue to monitor it for any potential U.S. impact

From the NHC latest discussion as to the track after it makes its loop and begins a slow westward movement:

"With such a complex steering pattern expected, it comes as no surprise that the track guidance diverges significantly in the latter forecast periods. The updated forecast is close to the previous one,

lies close to the FSSE, and is in between the GFS and ECMWF, which are more than 250 miles apart on day 5."

And finally from RCs own James VF:

Question to James:

"Do you think Jose will delay Oasis which is currently sailing?"

James response: "Not for this week next week we need to keep an eye on"

There isn't a single model that has Jose hitting the US

My sister's house is located at MM #25 in the Keys. That is half way between Key West and Marathon Key. Irma's eye

wall is directly over her house right now. Will be days before we know what damage she suffered...if she even has a

house left at all. :(

MM25...my beloved Summerland Key. I lived on Summerland and Cudjoe for 20 years, and just moved away from the Keys last year. Thinking about what's happening to that area makes me sick to my stomach. Praying this isn't much worse than what we saw in Georges and Wilma.

The projected path was Miami a few days ago so of course that's where the media was. Whats the problem?

Miami was the center of the cone and Tampa on the Western edge of the cone. These are all areas listed as uncertainty. Matthew was supposed to hit us directly last year but turned to the East and spared us lots of the hurricane winds.

You say Miami, why, how? Probably from what the media hype as been. [emoji33]

MM25...my beloved Summerland Key. I lived on Summerland and Cudjoe for 20 years, and just moved away from the Keys last year. Thinking about what's happening to that area makes me sick to my stomach. Praying this isn't much worse than what we saw in Georges and Wilma.

Sorry :(

So are all your former coworkers in the Keys still there, or where did they go? Just wondering what Coast Guard vessels do when a hurricane's on the way.

Sorry :(

So are all your former coworkers in the Keys still there, or where did they go? Just wondering what Coast Guard vessels do when a hurricane's on the way.

Most evacuated. All the USCG ships got underway and left the area. There is only a skeleton crew in the Keys, and they are hunkered down in a cat 5 rated building. The ships will return as soon as they're able to determine that it's safe.

My biggest concern is for my Sheriff's Office friends. I know they're hunkered down too, but they're not allowed to evacuate. I'm also concerned about some of my bonehead friends on Cudjoe who I know stayed.

FLL is supposed to be closed till noon on Tuesday.

Don't you think it will be difficult for all the cruisers on board Harmony right now to get on flights out of FLL as well as the ones who are supposed to get on Harmony on Tuesday?

Curious if RC will make a change on their noon update today....

I am in Central FL near Orlando and we are just starting to see rain and wind. Getting ready to hunker down. Hoping the storm stays further west and out to sea. As it stands now looks like Tampa is going to take a beating. Our local media is still saying Jose track is VERY low confidence for now and anything could happen much like all the shifts that have happened with Irma. Praying for all in the storms path.

Most evacuated. All the USCG ships got underway and left the area. There is only a skeleton crew in the Keys, and they are hunkered down in a cat 5 rated building. The ships will return as soon as they're able to determine that it's safe.

My biggest concern is for my Sheriff's Office friends. I know they're hunkered down too, but they're not allowed to evacuate. I'm also concerned about some of my bonehead friends on Cudjoe who I know stayed.

Thanks for the info. I hope they all come through this OK - even the boneheads. We all have some of those, I think