Hurricane Irma Watch

Another tropical storm has formed off of Africa.

I don't believe this to be true. It is a storm but not yet tropical and less than 40% chance of forming into TS. Besides it is going North and into the middle of the Atlantic.

Just more fuel for the hysteria on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to just vent... so I guess this is the place. Lol. By the way, I slept in but I'm really not a doomsayer (see prev post), just wanted to clarify that piece. Ha!

So yesterday morning I posted that I was packing and happy to seem to be leaving on our little 15th Ench trip after a lot of anxious monitoring for weeks for NE landfalls and Southeast. We're flying out of NY Thurs AM. For my wife and I it's a bit of a special trip (personal reasons), and we really worked for a while to get the time off and make this happen here at home. Now it seems I'm back on pins and needles for them cancelling to use the vessel for relief volunteer work AND it seems that Mr. Jose is going to stay a strong hurricane make a little loop, then head west toward Bahamas (our cruise), and then instead of dying off and heading east as previously anticipated, is going to remain strong and again is a player for landfall. GOOD GOD!!!! That's just as of 8AM. This is awful.

Thanks for letting me vent. Carry on!!!

It's not an official tropical storm just yet. The NHC says it has a 30% chance of forming into a tropical storm in the next 48 hours and 60% chance in the next 5 days. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ It's the yellow X off of the coast of Africa.

Here's a better report. Shows it heading north. Wanted to share.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

I have to just vent... so I guess this is the place. Lol. By the way, I slept in but I'm really not a doomsayer (see prev post), just wanted to clarify that piece. Ha!

So yesterday morning I posted that I was packing and happy to seem to be leaving on our little 15th Ench trip after a lot of anxious monitoring for weeks for NE landfalls and Southeast. We're flying out of NY Thurs AM. For my wife and I it's a bit of a special trip (personal reasons), and we really worked for a while to get the time off and make this happen here at home. Now it seems I'm back on pins and needles for them cancelling to use the vessel for relief volunteer work AND it seems that Mr. Jose is going to stay a strong hurricane make a little loop, then head west toward Bahamas (our cruise), and then instead of dying off and heading east as previously anticipated, is going to remain strong and again is a player for landfall. GOOD GOD!!!! That's just as of 8AM. This is awful.

I am aware that MJ (Majesty) next weekend cruise 15th has been cancelled as well as the 11th 4 night. Royal using to offer aid to the Islands.

Haven't heard anything about EN. Where did you hear that.

Check you facts. It is not expected to make landfall. Just loop and go north

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-hurricane-jose-forecast-atlantic

No no they haven't cancelled it. Majesty is indeed chopped but they have not cancelled Enchantment. I'm on pins and needles about the POSSIBILITY of its cancellation. I should have worded that clearer. No Ench on 15th is still a go at the moment.

Just more fuel for the hysteria on this thread.
It does seem that way. According to NOAA's May 25 prediction we're expecting up to five more named storms before November 30, and according to their August 9 update we're expecting at least two and up to seven more named storms, so it should not be surprising to see tropical waves developing at this time. If Katia was the last storm, that would be notable, since it would mean that the season came in well below NOAA's August 9 estimate. And keep in mind that from this point in the season forward, is becomes less and less likely that tropical waves will develop into storms.

Check you facts. It is not expected to make landfall. Just loop and go north

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-hurricane-jose-forecast-atlantic

I respectfully beg to differ. And I'm not a big one for "forum conflict". Jose is still a player, which by now it should not have been. A northbound turn is not guaranteed.

From your article:

The future path of Jose after it makes its stalling loop in the western Atlantic remains uncertain, but we will continue to monitor it for any potential U.S. impact

From the NHC latest discussion as to the track after it makes its loop and begins a slow westward movement:

"With such a complex steering pattern expected, it comes as no surprise that the track guidance diverges significantly in the latter forecast periods. The updated forecast is close to the previous one,

lies close to the FSSE, and is in between the GFS and ECMWF, which are more than 250 miles apart on day 5."

And finally from RCs own James VF:

Question to James:

"Do you think Jose will delay Oasis which is currently sailing?"

James response: "Not for this week next week we need to keep an eye on"

My sister's house is located at MM #25 in the Keys. That is half way between Key West and Marathon Key. Irma's eye

wall is directly over her house right now. Will be days before we know what damage she suffered...if she even has a

house left at all. :(

She is fortunately hunkered down at my Aunt's house in central Florida. She is a doctor and did not want to leave the

state so she could be available to help where she could.

My house near Port Canaveral may be sparred now, but still worried about tornadoes and flooding there.

Be safe everyone, homes and belongings can be replaced...you cannot. :o

Edited by island lady

Was Irma "expected" to be tracking as far west as it apparently is?

It has been in the projected cone for last 6 days or longer. The cone narrows as it get closer in time. The media choose Miami to be their hit spot for more hysteria and sensational reporting. Call it their narrative.

These people are standing in 3" of water and talking about the floods and storm surge. These same roads do this in heavy thunderstorms.

It has been in the projected cone for last 6 days or longer. The cone narrows as it get closer in time. The media choose Miami to be their hit spot for more hysteria and sensational reporting. Call it their narrative.

These people are standing in 3" of water and talking about the floods and storm surge. These same roads do this in heavy thunderstorms.

Spin it as much as you want, but the media chose Miami because the storm was projected to track to the east side of the state with Miami directly in the path of the eye.

Spin it as much as you want, but the media chose Miami because the storm was projected to track to the east side of the state with Miami directly in the path of the eye.

I'll second that. My brother was on Marco and was ready to ride it out until the path shifted west. He flew back home Friday.