Due to hurricane damage where would you want to reroute?

ClevelandCruisin

If I would guess, I would say that you make all 3 of your ports. When your economy and money to rebuild is dependent on tourism, you would be surprised how quickly they will get sufficient infrastructure in place to accept cruise ships.

You aren't serious are you? Most of the cruises doing the eastern Caribbean have already been re-routed, not just NCL cruises. Have you even seen the pictures of the damage or have you followed the re-building after a major hurricane, even here in the USA?.

OP, if you were not able to stop at the ones you mention and the ship was still doing the same general route I would think there are a lot of alternatives. The problem is going to be how crowded the Western Caribbean ports are going to be with so many ships in on any one day.

We are booked on the Dawn, 2 week Eastern Caribbean,Boston--Boston in October of 2018. Maybe some of the ports will be functional by then or possibly not. There is always this risk to cruising during hurricane season.

Maybe cruiselines could consider the temporary switch out of Eastern Caribbean cruises to New England-Canada Cruises. The weather here is decent now, and the foliage season is about to start. Just a thought.

We are booked on the Dawn, 2 week Eastern Caribbean,Boston--Boston in October of 2018. Maybe some of the ports will be functional by then or possibly not. There is always this risk to cruising during hurricane season.

Maybe cruiselines could consider the temporary switch out of Eastern Caribbean cruises to New England-Canada Cruises. The weather here is decent now, and the foliage season is about to start. Just a thought.

I am booked on the San Juan to Southern Caribbean in March 2019. I know, way to soon to even worry about anything and I assume that most everything will be semi-back to normal or close to it by then. However, while I know NCL has the right to change any itinerary as they feel is needed, I would not be happy at all going to Canada, when I booked the Southern Caribbean. Not even close to the same thing. Eastern/Southern Caribbean to Western, maybe; Eastern/Southern Caribbean to Canada, no way.

I am booked on the San Juan to Southern Caribbean in March 2019. I know, way to soon to even worry about anything and I assume that most everything will be semi-back to normal or close to it by then. However, while I know NCL has the right to change any itinerary as they feel is needed, I would not be happy at all going to Canada, when I booked the Southern Caribbean. Not even close to the same thing. Eastern/Southern Caribbean to Western, maybe; Eastern/Southern Caribbean to Canada, no way.

1. You won't be going to Canada mid-march. Weather too scruffy here.

2. S. Caribbean almost never gets hit by hurricanes. I lived there a long time, never saw much. The last serious storm on the island I was mostly on, Curacao, was thought to be in 1913.

I would just be happy being on a ship with other pax and pleasant crew ... I don't need more than that... the motion of ocean is, for me, a sleeping potion... relax, rejuvenate... repeat... renew....:)

I do agree with that. In our case we are getting older and have cruised close to 40 times, so ports are not as important as a pleasant crew and nice, non complaining passengers. We often don't get off the ship because we enjoy the calm days when we can find a place by the pool, do some reading, get some sun and have a drink or two. We have never been on a cruise where we haven't done, at least one excursion, but sometimes that is all.

I was hoping for Grand Cayman, Aruba and Bonaire but we got the western for our Oct 21 through 28, it's all good, I'll be on a cruise!! I don't mind the western, I know a lot of good private all inclusive beaches AND got reservations for all I wanted at the last minute, life happens, gotta roll with it

Our Harvest Caye day was a rainout so would like to return there (just booked a trip to cover this)

I have not been to Grand Cayman, Jamaica or Aruba so those would be new adventures. We almost went there in 2016. We sailed in late August and there was a Hurricane that died out so our itinerary was restored to the original Eastern upon boarding, but I left home thinking I was going to GC and Ocho Rios.

I am also booked on the 14 night dawn October 2018 out of Boston and would be hugely upset if we were rerouted to Canada. I would expect them to pick warm and sunny ports for our 14 nighter.

I see on the NCL site that Miami cruises will be diverted to the Western Caribbean. Has anyone heard anything about the Gem out of NYC on Oct. 31? It was originally scheduled for the Eastern Caribbean.

We are on this cruise too and I just called NCL. They still don’t have any info available on re-routing the cruise.

I cruise for the ports, not the sea days. I would hope that they speed up the ship to keep the same amount of ports as we already have 5 sea days.

I feel sorry for all the places hit by the hurricanes.[emoji22]

Has anyone heard of anything nice about humanitarian efforts by NCL?

I just read this story about RC.

http://www.freep.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/13/irma-showed-up-and-royal-caribbean-cruise-went-dogs/663733001/

Did some sleuthing while waiting for news on the 12 day Breakaway Eastern cruise 12/3. Found the port calendars for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios have been updated to show our ship in port... unfortunately for the days we were to visit St. Kitts and Antigua, the two (of 6) ports we still could have visited! So that means a full reroute is in progress. I am predicting a stop on the way in and hope it will be GSC. Or Nassau. Or Freeport. Just please no Port Canaveral. We will lose a port, no way we can make 6 ports now, if we get Port Canaveral, then it's only as good as a 4 port trip with 8 sea days. That's not what we wanted and too late to cancel.