Due to hurricane damage where would you want to reroute?

ClevelandCruisin

I know many people and myself included will have cruises affected by these storms.

If they changed your itinerary, where would you hope they took you to, within the time of your current affected cruise.

I'm traveling on the Escape over Halloween to St.thomas, Tortola and Nassau... Probably will miss the first 2 ports due to damage. And I wanted my soggy dollar shirt! Very bummed!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If I would guess, I would say that you make all 3 of your ports. When your economy and money to rebuild is dependent on tourism, you would be surprised how quickly they will get sufficient infrastructure in place to accept cruise ships.

I hope you're right. Still really think we will end up on the western Caribbean. A month to rebuild after 2 hurricanes is a lot of work bird.

As stated your money is important. They will rebuild so that tenders can get in and out. Then they will make shore excursions available that take you to "nice" places. They will have bars and restaurants open. They will do everything possible to get you there. Be prepared for something very different if you have been there before. If it is your first time go with open eyes and then go again when all is back to normal, enjoy the difference.

First of all I would like to express my heartfelt sorrow for all those who have lost their lives and so many of their homes, businesses and ways of life.

Being that we are on a 14 night cruise from NYC and it is scheduled to leave in February of 2018 there is some time for some ports to get prepared to accept cruise ships. The cruise is long enough and does have 8 ports of call scheduled so if NCL decided to cancel those ports that are still in terrible condition in favor of a different port or two farther to the South it would be fine with us.

An extra day or two at sea and a port or two skipped to visit Aruba, Curacao or any other viable ports, would only make sense.

I am seeing some other lines already rerouting their ships to the more Southern islands in place of St Maarten, St Thomas and others.

I am sure NCL will be all over this as soon as the smoke clears and be rerouting ships based on the best information they can get from all the ports in the entire area.

There might be a lot of juggling for docking space and tendering in a few places that can accept ships and I am sure this will be happening very soon.

Will be watching for any changes as our cruise date approaches and am sure NCL will do the best they can for us passengers as well as the ports they schedule.

Agian or prayers and thoughts to those in the Caribbean, Texas and Florida.

bosco

I know many people and myself included will have cruises affected by these storms.

If they changed your itinerary, where would you hope they took you to, within the time of your current affected cruise.

I'm traveling on the Escape over Halloween to St.thomas, Tortola and Nassau... Probably will miss the first 2 ports due to damage. And I wanted my soggy dollar shirt! Very bummed!

You are being rerouted to a Western Cruise per NCL.com

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch the forecasted path of major Hurricane Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew. We have cancelled this week’s scheduled sailings aboard our two ships that depart from Miami, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Escape and both ships are currently navigating a safe course around the path of Hurricane Irma. Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both ships that were unable to secure flights back home. The ship is currently alongside in Cozumel, Mexico and will remain there until 7 a.m. Sunday, September 10. Guests who have secured flights home may disembark the ship in Mexico if they wish. Due to the devastation in the Caribbean caused by Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary until November. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we will be deploying Norwegian Sky from her current position off the coast of Cancun to St. Thomas to assist in humanitarian efforts coordinated by the local government.

I don't think that people realize how badly these islands were damaged. They are not likely to be able to accommodate visitors for at least 8 or 9 months and that is probably a generous guess. The BVI dealt with the eye of a strong CAT 5 storm, Tortola and Virgin Gorda are destroyed. St. Thomas suffered severe damage. Its not like there are raw materials on the islands to rebuild. Everything has to be brought in by ship. Hosting cruise visitors is a very low priority right now.

currently booked on Breakaway for Florida, GSC, and Nassau for mid Nov. of this year

I would not mind if we skipped the 2 latter port stops for Roatan, Belize, and most definitely Bermuda:)

the only reason i care to stop in Fla. is to get a quick visit w/ friends, or else i would care less about that stop as well

First of all I would like to express my heartfelt sorrow for all those who have lost their lives and so many of their homes, businesses and ways of life.

Being that we are on a 14 night cruise from NYC and it is scheduled to leave in February of 2018 there is some time for some ports to get prepared to accept cruise ships. The cruise is long enough and does have 8 ports of call scheduled so if NCL decided to cancel those ports that are still in terrible condition in favor of a different port or two farther to the South it would be fine with us.

An extra day or two at sea and a port or two skipped to visit Aruba, Curacao or any other viable ports, would only make sense.

I am seeing some other lines already rerouting their ships to the more Southern islands in place of St Maarten, St Thomas and others.

I am sure NCL will be all over this as soon as the smoke clears and be rerouting ships based on the best information they can get from all the ports in the entire area.

There might be a lot of juggling for docking space and tendering in a few places that can accept ships and I am sure this will be happening very soon.

Will be watching for any changes as our cruise date approaches and am sure NCL will do the best they can for us passengers as well as the ports they schedule.

Agian or prayers and thoughts to those in the Caribbean, Texas and Florida.

bosco

My wife and I are on the 14 Day BA leaving Feb 2nd. I hope they figure out where they are going before final payment which is the end of October. If they are talking about changing it to a Western we will cancel

Well I DO care as we are booked on the Western on 100/14 and the Eastern on 10/21....and not sure at all if we want to do the SAME itinerary two weeks in a row....as it is an itinerary that we have done many times.

I wonder if they made the decision to switch all Eastern Caribbean cruises too soon? As there do seem to be more islands that were NOT affected.....st. Kitts, etc.....

Just thinking out loud as I really only booked the Western portion to more or less stay on the ship a lot....and was really looking forward to the Eastern one....

My wife and I are on the 14 Day BA leaving Feb 2nd. I hope they figure out where they are going before final payment which is the end of October. If they are talking about changing it to a Western we will cancel

My wife and I are on that cruise as well. Obviously it's way too early to speculate, but I'd be really surprised if they changed it to a Western. There are four other ports (maybe five depending on San Juan) that are either untouched or should be able to accept ships by then. IMO it'd be bad form to back out of those ports just because they couldn't stop at some others. The Escape itinerary is different because every one of their ports got hit.

If it was up to me, I'd add another sea day and look into Antigua, Guadeloupe or Martinique as replacement ports, or maybe see about the ABC islands if it's not too far to travel within the 14 days.

Well I DO care as we are booked on the Western on 100/14 and the Eastern on 10/21....and not sure at all if we want to do the SAME itinerary two weeks in a row....as it is an itinerary that we have done many times.

I wonder if they made the decision to switch all Eastern Caribbean cruises too soon? As there do seem to be more islands that were NOT affected.....st. Kitts, etc.....

Just thinking out loud as I really only booked the Western portion to more or less stay on the ship a lot....and was really looking forward to the Eastern one....

St Lucia, Barbados, Dominica etc....

If it was up to me, I'd add another sea day and look into Antigua, Guadeloupe or Martinique as replacement ports, or maybe see about the ABC islands if it's not too far to travel within the 14 days.

We're in for that, no problem...Will just wait and see. Would love any combination like that if possible, even more than the original..LOL

bosco

Well, it's either Western Caribbean as normal (4 ports + 2 sea days) OR Eastern/Southern Caribbean with one or 2 less ports AND one or 2 extra sea days.

Look at Google maps and you'll see that it is further to cruise from Miami to East Caribbean than to West Caribbean.

on ncl site all itiniarys until november are switched to western, so i'm sure they are doing what they can

My wife and I are on that cruise as well. Obviously it's way too early to speculate, but I'd be really surprised if they changed it to a Western. There are four other ports (maybe five depending on San Juan) that are either untouched or should be able to accept ships by then. IMO it'd be bad form to back out of those ports just because they couldn't stop at some others. The Escape itinerary is different because every one of their ports got hit.

Antigua is probably out as it suffered pretty severe damage. The others don't have the infrastructure to handle a ship teh size of BA, plus there are a number of lines that round trip out of Bridgetown Barbados and call at those islands, which means they are probably unavailable. The likely scenario is a stop in Bermuda.

currently booked on Breakaway for Florida, GSC, and Nassau for mid Nov. of this year

I would not mind if we skipped the 2 latter port stops for Roatan, Belize, and most definitely Bermuda:)

the only reason i care to stop in Fla. is to get a quick visit w/ friends, or else i would care less about that stop as well

Is that a one week cruise from New York? If yes, I don't think that Roatan and Belize are possible stops.

I see on the NCL site that Miami cruises will be diverted to the Western Caribbean. Has anyone heard anything about the Gem out of NYC on Oct. 31? It was originally scheduled for the Eastern Caribbean.

It's a 11 day cruise, and definitely 3 of the 5 ports will be substituted (St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola), but not sure about St. Juan. St. Kitts should be okay.

I'm sure NCL will notify you in due course, once NCL get themselves back together and start shuffling the ports within several one-off (re-positioning cruises) and non-regular itineraries.

We are on the Getaway TA Oct 15-29 from Copenhagen to Miami, and two of the ports-of-call are St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Let's be patient. :halo:

Antigua is probably out as it suffered pretty severe damage. The others don't have the infrastructure to handle a ship teh size of BA, plus there are a number of lines that round trip out of Bridgetown Barbados and call at those islands, which means they are probably unavailable. The likely scenario is a stop in Bermuda.

Points well taken, although I thought Antigua was mostly spared.

I can't say I'd be too excited about a stop in Bermuda at the beginning of February. The ocean would be too cold for water excursions to be enjoyable. But, we take what we can get.

Were on the the Gem out of New York in March to the eastern Caribbean.

It looks like St.Thomas, St. Martin and Tortola are unlikely to be viable, not sure about

St, Kitts assuming San Juan will be OK. But that has decimated our original itinerary. I’d be happy to give up one, maybe two stops to fit in Jamaica, Cuba or Barbados instead. I don’t really wont to do the more westerly Caribbean Islands, which looks the most likely solution for NCL.

Other options would be as we’ve already booked return flights to New York from London is to cancel the cruise and look at getting connecting flights to say Cuba, Barbados, Jamaica,or even California and just stay in one place. We’ve got relatives in Los Angeles,Sacramento and up in Portland so we have options, but my wife would miss the cruise badly.

At the moment the cruise lines have there hands full, but I’d like to know in a couple of months what they intend to do.

Of course if an upgrade from Balcony to Suite were available I might just be shallow enough to go for it!