Coffee or hot water

HvySeezFcstr

Is it possible to go to the Lido buffet to get a cup of coffee and return it to my stateroom. I just don't want to be a couch potato and have the steward do everything.

You can bring almost anything back to your room. The limiting factor is the size of your hands. There are no trays but you can cop a plate if you like.

We bring back coffee/tea and some cookies or pastries for our own tea time on our balcony. You can bring back anything you want to eat/drink as long as you can carry it. We always try to get cabins on Lido deck because it's so convenient.

Is it possible to go to the Lido buffet to get a cup of coffee and return it to my stateroom. I just don't want to be a couch potato and have the steward do everything.

No problem, go for it.

I suggest you bring an insulated cup that will keep your coffee hot while you carry it back to your cabin.

The last couple of cruises we've been on, I've taken my own teapot, cozy and mugs. Everyone who's seen me in the elevator with it thought it was a brilliant idea. (Even non-Aussies) Perfect for two cups each in our cabin before breakfast and afternoon tea, etc. We take it to the buffet for lunch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are talking about tea, you really have to go to the Lido yourself - by the time room service delivers "hot" water, it really isn't. Also, I have found that for some reason there always seems to be one urn at the Lido which delivers much hotter water than the others - and finding which one is always worth the few minutes invested.

If you are talking about tea, you really have to go to the Lido yourself - by the time room service delivers "hot" water, it really isn't. Also, I have found that for some reason there always seems to be one urn at the Lido which delivers much hotter water than the others - and finding which one is always worth the few minutes invested.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's a waste of time getting any hot beverage via room service. It's never hot enough. I pop a couple of tea bags in my pot at the buffet and fill it with hot water there. I'd prefer boiling water, but on US based ships, that's not going to happen. After all, they tried to make tea with cold seawater in Boston in 1773 and haven't done it correctly since.

Order room service and keep the tray to carry extra since the hands can only hold so much!

The room serice trays a re quite large and too big for most to want to handle. If you are sure you want a tray, get a plastic one at a dollar store and bring it with you. they have large slection of square, round and rectangle. Pick one that will work best for you and pack it. No one will care.

After all, they tried to make tea with cold seawater in Boston in 1773 and haven't done it correctly since.

Now, just a minute: even though they were engaged in a bit of civil disobedience, you must remember that those involved were British subjects at the time.

We have learned a few things since then - you do not find many of us eating Marmite or Vegemite, for example -- so

let's not hear pots saying bad things about kettles.

Now, just a minute: even though they were engaged in a bit of civil disobedience, you must remember that those involved were British subjects at the time.

We have learned a few things since then - you do not find many of us eating Marmite or Vegemite, for example -- so

let's not hear pots saying bad things about kettles.

I've lived in the US for 41 years and have been a citizen for 32, so speaking as an American, I agree that we have learned a few things since 1773. But, making tea is not one of them!

I buy coffee when I'm out, because even the coffee at McDonald's is pretty good. But a tea bag in a paper cup filled with "hot" water at Starbucks is not a cup of tea.

Also, I can buy Vegemite from a shop less than 500 yards from my house in Marietta GA. See, the US is still learning. :)

I've lived in the US for 41 years and have been a citizen for 32, so speaking as an American, I agree that we have learned a few things since 1773. But, making tea is not one of them!

I buy coffee when I'm out, because even the coffee at McDonald's is pretty good. But a tea bag in a paper cup filled with "hot" water at Starbucks is not a cup of tea.

Also, I can buy Vegemite from a shop less than 500 yards from my house in Marietta GA. See, the US is still learning. :)

You have not learned much in 41 years :). No self respecting American would eat Vegemite.

Hank

I agree that many Americans do not know how to make tea - and I am sure that some will even "buy Vegemite 500 yards from my house" --- but that is one of the drawbacks of living in a welcoming, inclusive nation: you wind up living, and coping with, a lot of people with "different" appreciations.

If you had lived here long enough, and actually paid attention, you might have learned that there are those among us who DO know how to make tea.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's a waste of time getting any hot beverage via room service. It's never hot enough. I pop a couple of tea bags in my pot at the buffet and fill it with hot water there. I'd prefer boiling water, but on US based ships, that's not going to happen. After all, they tried to make tea with cold seawater in Boston in 1773 and haven't done it correctly since.

By Jove we were too busy saving u from the ****s to learn how to make tea

Sent from my iPad using Forums