How much internet time will I get?

diane.in.ny

We are Platinum and will be sailing on a 21-night cruise booked as a 21-nighter, the first time on a cruise this long.

It could also be booked as an 11 and 10 night back to back.

I was wondering how much internet time we will get. Will it be based on the 21 nights or on the two 11 and 10 nights?

Thanks

We are Platinum and will be sailing on a 21-night cruise booked as a 21-nighter, the first time on a cruise this long.

It could also be booked as an 11 and 10 night back to back.

I was wondering how much internet time we will get. Will it be based on the 21 nights or on the two 11 and 10 nights?

Thanks

No difference. 8-20 nights you get 250 minutes per segment. 21 nights and over you get 500 minutes. So with a 11 and then a 10 nighter, you get 250 minutes each which is 500 minutes. Or the full 21 nights which will also be 500 minutes.

Yes, 250 mins each leg. If you want to use more than 250 mins on the first leg you will have to purchase additional mins. If you use less the mins will carry over to the 2nd leg. Once the carry over mins. are used up the program will prompt you to purchase additional 250 "free" mins.

If you are travelling as a couple and both are platinum then both will get the mins.

Right now they're still giving the internet minutes based upon the number of legs the whole cruise was based on.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them cutback on that benefit some day. :(

Very pessimistic view. I see the future more like what Carnival is doing, not a cutback but a change to keep up with customer's demands.

Very pessimistic view. I see the future more like what Carnival is doing, not a cutback but a change to keep up with customer's demands.

Why not. With all the other minor cutbacks I can see this one next.

Maybe even a speed service level?

Elite/suites the fastest & Platinum a little slower.

Not that I'm wishing for it. ;);)

Yes, 250 mins each leg. If you want to use more than 250 mins on the first leg you will have to purchase additional mins. If you use less the mins will carry over to the 2nd leg. Once the carry over mins. are used up the program will prompt you to purchase additional 250 "free" mins.

If you are travelling as a couple and both are platinum then both will get the mins.

We once did back-to-back cruises where we had to change cabins. Our minutes from the first leg did not carry over automatically. Since these were short cruises, we did not try to see if we could get them added back to our accounts. We had plenty for the second cruise.

We once did back-to-back cruises where we had to change cabins. Our minutes from the first leg did not carry over automatically. Since these were short cruises, we did not try to see if we could get them added back to our accounts. We had plenty for the second cruise.

Wonder if it depends on the length of the cruise? We did an East/West b2b last year with both cruises being 7 days and the unused minutes did carry over to the s cond cruise. We had to use those up before we saw the prompt to enable the 2nd batch.

Wonder if it depends on the length of the cruise? We did an East/West b2b last year with both cruises being 7 days and the unused minutes did carry over to the s cond cruise. We had to use those up before we saw the prompt to enable the 2nd batch.

Can someone clarify if you only use some of the minutes in one of the two internet 250 minutes (for both spouses) the unused 250 minutes will carry over.

I ask because I saw someone suggest that unused minutes from a cruise carry over only if there is less than 250 minutes. This seems odd, but perhaps that is how the program works?.

Pylon

Edited by Pylon
Clarify meaning

You should have seen the guy at the Internet Cafe before the first cruise ended to check on it. We did a B2B with two different cabins and didn't have a problem (5 + 7).

Can someone clarify if you only use some of the minutes in one of the two internet 250 minutes (for both spouses) the unused 250 minutes will carry over.

I ask because I saw someone suggest that unused minutes from a cruise carry over only if there is less than 250 minutes. This seems odd, but perhaps that is how the program works?.

Pylon

Interesting. Never had that problem!! Not touching the minutes I mean. I guess to be safe login at least once to both accounts and use some minutes, and then go back and exhaust the one. If you both have devices you might both be logged in at the same time anyway and need the two.

I did a B2B 10 day cruise and receive a total of 500 and my wife got the same. Total 1,000. We are both Elite members.

Tony

Oh so it's per person and not Stateroom? That means 250 minutes each for our 17 night coming up, That is fantastic. It will be my first platinum, we where one day of on our last trip and rubied at all the way.

Oh so it's per person and not Stateroom? That means 250 minutes each for our 17 night coming up, That is fantastic. It will be my first platinum, we where one day of on our last trip and rubied at all the way.

The Platinum/Elite Internet credit is per person, not per cabin. Each eligible passenger gets their own award

Pylon

I can only quote my recent experience regarding carryover of unused minutes and even that may have changed since the beginning of this year.

The carryover program has been automatic for the last few years ever since they changed their program on all the princess ships. It'll let you first use all the minutes from the first leg of a B2B & then require to to purchase addition minutes (at zero cost) BUT if you haven't used any of the minutes of the first leg prior to the second leg they won't be eligible for carryover.

This probably could be overwritten by the internet manager but since I had sufficient time I didn't persue it.

I'm unsure if the minutes from the first leg can be carried over more than 1 leg if sailing on a B2B2B.

This has all been very helpful. I'm the internet user on board ship. So I'll be sure to set up and use some minutes on my husband's account during the first leg. Just in case need more minutes during the second leg.

But honestly, I'm not sure I can see me using 1,000 minutes. Although nice to know I've got it just in case