Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

Maybe the cancellation of jet blue means they are going to consolidate to a few major carriers to cut down on the amount of air traffic. Certainly cruise ships will not wait till 2018 to resume?

It was one MPH less than a category 5. If this is true about jet blue and 2018, then it speaks to the level of destruction, and it might be that cruises won't go out of San Juan for 6 months.

Maybe the cancellation of jet blue means they are going to consolidate to a few major carriers to cut down on the amount of air traffic. Certainly cruise ships will not wait till 2018 to resume?

They aren't going to have a choice if people cannot get into SJU to sail from there. They surely will not sail empty as that doesn't make them any money.

They need to home port AOS out of FLA and do it quickly!

If they consolidate to a few airlines, how do they choose? Also, how do enough people get there to fill what would normally be numerous ships per day, starting in November?

I just checked with my credit card co. I seem to have trip cancellation and interruption coverage. Sounds like we will fall in to at least one of those categories. Last time I take a trip without proper coverage.

Good for everyone to check the details on this, because every policy is different. In particular, many credit card trip cancellation coverages have lower $$$ cap on what would be reimbursed.

Also - if you're Canadian, many insurance policies kick in if a government advisory has been issued warning against travel to a given country. The Government of Canada continues to advise Canadians to AVOID ALL TRAVEL to Puerto Rico:

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/puerto-rico

I received this email just now from the Marriott Courtyard Isle Verde

We are grateful for the outpouring of concern, prayers and well wishes we have received in the past couple of days for our property, staff and island. Thankfully, all our staff and guests during this event are safe.

We continue to provide service to current guests and government agencies, that are helping our island to get back on its feet.

Even though our hotel sustained some damages, the restoration has already begun. We feel positive that our hotel will be fully operational by Dec. 1 and that the rest of the island might do so as well. During the next 60 days, our staff will focus on rebuilding our property to return better than ever. Therefore, we will proceed to cancel reservations with no penalties.

For any special inquiries please contact us at reservations@sjcourtyard.com or sales@sjcourtyard.com.

Our entire staff is committed to continue providing the same superb hospitality to all our guests.

The resiliency of Puerto Rico has been put to the test. We accept the challenge head on, with our heart and soul, for we will be The Island of Enchantment once again!

Sincerely,

Jose Padin

General Manager

Courtyard by Marriott

Isla Verde Beach Resort

http://www.SJCourtyard.com

That is word for word what we received from Hotel El Convento! Except it had an 11/1 date.

Jet Blue is telling people that the airport is closed to commercial traffic.

They have also told one person there won't be a commercial flight until 2018 to SJU

where did you see this? who is this person?

You seem to be getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of being a prophet of doom over this whole scenario :rolleyes:

Whilst it's true many flights are cancelled flightstats are also showing commercial flights in and out of SJU. Take a look on flightradar24 and you can see planes taking off and landing 'live' on their website - just saw a flight land from Orlando and watching AA flight to Philadelphia taxiing to the end of the runway ready for take off. Delta from Atlanta just landed

Edited by Bobal

where did you see this? who is this person?

You seem to be getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of being a prophet of doom over this whole scenario :rolleyes: Whilst it's true many flights are cancelled flightstats are also showing commercial flights in and out of SJU

Excuse me, but I have been nothing but helpful since Harvey. You may want to catch up to speed on this so you don't sound ignorant. Thanks.

"On Wednesday, thousands of people were still stuck at San Juan's sweltering airport. Some were told that they might have to wait weeks for flights.

Puerto Rico plans to house FEMA employees and other first responders in the vacated hotel rooms, Izquierdo said."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/28/news/royal-caribbean-san-juan-evacuations/index.html

I don't feel safe here (at the airport): http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/27/news/puerto-rico-san-juan-airport/index.html

I'll have more when taptalk comes back up.

Excuse me, but I have been nothing but helpful since Harvey. You may want to catch up to speed on this so you don't sound ignorant. Thanks.

And you might want to quote the second part of my post - but then that may show up your ignorance ;p

You stated there won't be a commercial flight until 2018 - I demonstrated that merely by looking at flightradar24 you can actually see live flights arriving and departing. Perhaps if you step away from these boards you may become more well informed

And you might want to quote the second part of my post - but then that may show up your ignorance ;p

You stated there won't be a commercial flight until 2018 - I demonstrated that merely by looking at flightradar24 you can actually see live flights arriving and departing. Perhaps if you step away from these boards you may become more well informed

Jet blue states in twitter that the SJU airport is closed to commercial traffic today.

This will have to do for you until tap talk is back up:

1hour ago

Jet Blue Airways

@jetblue

Hi, Angel, we're sorry to hear about your flights. SJU is still closed for commercial flights. We're doing out best to resume regular flights.

blog.jetblue.com/hurricane-maria

And obviously, to point out for those challenged in reading comprehension: I didn't say no flights until 2018. I said one person reported that a Jet Blue phone rep told him/her that.

Edited by spleenstomper

Who can read Spanish?

https://www.wapa.tv/noticias/especiales/consejos-si-viaja-en-aeropuerto-luis-munoz-marin_20131122414779.html

Bullet points per google translate:

Swap to Spanish

Come to the airport if you have the confirmation of your flight and not only with the reservation, all flights have been rescheduled and many canceled. If you have questions, check with your airline.Arrive at the airport at least four hours in advance, as there are long lines to document with the airline and at security points.

Coming with comfortable and fresh clothes, we continue to operate with emergency plants so there is no air conditioning and some services are limited such as restaurants, duty free shops, ect.

Come hydrated and have a good snack.

Follow the instructions of airport staff and airlines.

We recommend bringing a good hand fan.

If you need a wheelchair, request it on your airline in advance.

And most importantly: patience. You will meet many people, high temperatures and rows.

Google Translate

Google › translate › home

Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other ... Dismiss. TranslateTurn off instant translation. English. Spanish. French. Detect language. English. Spanish.

Spanish Translation | Spanish to English to Spanish Translator - SpanishDict

SpanishDict › translation

Free Spanish translation from SpanishDict. Most accurate translations. Over 1000000 words and phrases. Translate English to Spanish to English.

Google translate in Spanish | English to Spanish Translation - SpanishDict

SpanishDict › translate › google translate

Translate Google translate. See authoritative translations of Google translate in Spanish with audio pronunciations.

Apps

Google Translate

2Q==Free

Who can read Spanish?

https://www.wapa.tv/noticias/especiales/consejos-si-viaja-en-aeropuerto-luis-munoz-marin_20131122414779.html

Bullet points per google translate:

Swap to Spanish

Come to the airport if you have the confirmation of your flight and not only with the reservation, all flights have been rescheduled and many canceled. If you have questions, check with your airline.Arrive at the airport at least four hours in advance, as there are long lines to document with the airline and at security points.

Coming with comfortable and fresh clothes, we continue to operate with emergency plants so there is no air conditioning and some services are limited such as restaurants, duty free shops, ect.

Come hydrated and have a good snack.

Follow the instructions of airport staff and airlines.

We recommend bringing a good hand fan.

If you need a wheelchair, request it on your airline in advance.

And most importantly: patience. You will meet many people, high temperatures and rows.

Google Translate

Google › translate › home

Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other ... Dismiss. TranslateTurn off instant translation. English. Spanish. French. Detect language. English. Spanish.

Spanish Translation | Spanish to English to Spanish Translator - SpanishDict

SpanishDict › translation

Free Spanish translation from SpanishDict. Most accurate translations. Over 1000000 words and phrases. Translate English to Spanish to English.

Google translate in Spanish | English to Spanish Translation - SpanishDict

SpanishDict › translate › google translate

Translate Google translate. See authoritative translations of Google translate in Spanish with audio pronunciations.

Apps

Google Translate

2Q==Free

Basically tips on being at the airport.

Confirm your flights, arrive four hours before departure, bring snacks and water due to no electricity. Wear fresh clothes as there is no A/C. Bring a hand fan, and most importantly, patience.

Jet blue states in twitter that the SJU airport is closed to commercial traffic today.

Hi, Angel, we're sorry to hear about your flights. SJU is still closed for commercial flights. We're doing out best to resume regular flights.

blog.jetblue.com/hurricane-maria

And obviously, to point out for those challenged in reading comprehension: I didn't say no flights until 2018. I said one person reported that a Jet Blue phone rep told him/her that.

Oh dear, you seem to be getting all your information from Jet Blue (who can't even spell correctly - reading comprehension right ;p).

I reiterate - take a look at flight radar24 - just watched Southwest FLL to SJU land btw :D

Oh dear, you seem to be getting all your information from Jet Blue (who can't even spell correctly - reading comprehension right ;p).

I reiterate - take a look at flight radar24 - just watched Southwest FLL to SJU land btw :D

According to Southwest, those are humanitarian missions and not commercial flights.

According to Southwest, those are humanitarian missions and not commercial flights.

And the AA flight which has just taken off to Miami? - why not admit when you're not exactly right. Anyway stuff to do here and moving on having tried to educate you. Just take a look at the world outside CC :D

Your vacation is NOT a humanitarian flight.

SJU-MCO flight 946 cancelled yesterday and today for instance

Southwest.com advisories hurricane Maria:

*airport conditions remain poor

* flights in/out of SJU heavily restricted

* reduced schedule

* seat availability extremely limited/high demand

* check flight status online

news.delta.com

"on Friday morning, Delta conducted its third humanitarian flight only nine days after Hurricane Maria devastated the island's infrastructure and severely damaged the airport, including terminal B, from where Delta operates. Flight 9771 was arranged in coordination with Puerto Rico's governo after Delta called and offered help. New York's Gov. Cuomo sent a contingency of state troopers on the flight."

(Snipped)

Schedules on AOS on 10/7. Was scheduled to arrive 10/06. JBU just cancelled my flights. According to agent on return of 10/14, they are not rebooking till 10/24, so you may be in airport for 10 days! Why does RCCL think this is ok? Why can't we just sail from FLL????

PR IS IN A STATE OF CRISIS

Schedules on AOS on 10/7. Was scheduled to arrive 10/06. JBU just cancelled my flights. According to agent on return of 10/14, they are not rebooking till 10/24, so you may be in airport for 10 days! Why does RCCL think this is ok? Why can't we just sail from FLL????

PR IS IN A STATE OF CRISIS

Wait. WHAT'S going on???

Renee

Just received a text from a friend that has just spoken with some friends in SJU. The friends work at a restaurant very near the Marriott Stellaris. They say they are doing wonderfully....they have phone, power, and food and are looking forward to folks coming.

This is "third hand info" I know....but my friend is a very reliable source! Just passing it along FWIW.