HARMONY LIVE - Yorkvillain, A&L_Ont, CruiseLifeRick & maureencruiser (9/30/17)

Here is some little known Harmony of the Seas trivia.

In doing some research on Harmony of the Seas I discovered that RC had tested a couple different versions of the Abyss Slide and Escape Room. You know, to see how they functioned before actual construction. I never found any pictures of the Abyss but I did find a couple of the prototype Escape Room. It was tried at a remote and secret location.

The prototype was rumoured to originally been located in the Royal Promenade where the revolving head is located. I think the idea was that people on the RP could watch from the outside and see the actual escape of the individuals after they solved the puzzle and before time ran out. However, after running trials they decided against the location and more importantly against the design of the room's "escape" hatch.

Pictures say a thousand words. I don't think these pics have ever made it out to the public but here they are. I guess I can see why they decided not to go with the original design and location of the Escape Room.

1a33c2c62f1d87b0e7a9468ee677b046.jpg

f3dfb6bc3ede45426454f48e0c6d8d62.jpg

7022940ad727a67c727dd0daff1e3c82.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. There is no reason to wrap the rascal.

Nobody enjoys bananas in pajamas.

OK, since you mentioned it Tim -- I've always wondered about Bananas in Pajamas (the kids show/characters) -- WHY would anyone be dressing fruit in sleepwear ??

Have a great time you guys !! I hope to get some work done but it's not likely...

Sandy

This will be an awesome review as it's a group trip with famous cruise critcs! Andrew, I've followed your previous ones. You obviously love Oasis class which says a lot (I love them too from what we've experienced). Can't wait to follow along!

Not yet, and he won't be successful. I did joke with Lisa that tomorrow morning we should tell him that he's coming, and the say "psyche". ;p

Lmaoooo poor Owen! You would have to periscope that 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, and he won't be successful. I did joke with Lisa that tomorrow morning we should tell him that he's coming, and the say "psyche". ;p

I have an 11 year old boy who seems like he is a lot like Owen (but plays basketball and baseball instead of hockey) - and this made me bust out laughing at work!!! In our house it would likely also be followed by a sassy rendition of us saying 'Roooasted' - but that might only be a Massachusetts fad!!

Lmaoooo poor Owen! You would have to periscope that 🤣

If I did that, Lisa would kill me and Owen would be taking my place on Saturday. My interment would be happening at a later date. ;)

I have an 11 year old boy who seems like he is a lot like Owen (but plays basketball and baseball instead of hockey) - and this made me bust out laughing at work!!! In our house it would likely also be followed by a sassy rendition of us saying 'Roooasted' - but that might only be a Massachusetts fad!!

I will honestly say after Owen's summer of playing minor mosquito baseball and travel soccer we are thankful that he is only playing hockey for the next seven months. We will gain back 1-3 nights a week depending on scheduling. In fact he has practice tonight, and we will miss his first game which is being held on Saturday. Grandma will get him there though. Gotta love Grandmas.

Note to self, bring back a bottle of Gin for Grandma.

If I did that, Lisa would kill me and Owen would be taking my place on Saturday. My interment would be happening at a later date. ;)

I will honestly say after Owen's summer of playing minor mosquito baseball and travel soccer we are thankful that he is only playing hockey for the next seven months. We will gain back 1-3 nights a week depending on scheduling. In fact he has practice tonight, and we will miss his first game which is being held on Saturday. Grandma will get him there though. Gotta love Grandmas.

Note to self, bring back a bottle of Gin for Grandma.

If you punk him with the trip - you should bring back 2 bottles for Grandma!!

I'm looking forward to basketball season - climate controlled gyms away from the elements and games that are capped at less than 40 minutes of playing time will always beat the 3 hour American pastime of baseball games, port a potties, and the elements (we played more games in rain than sun this year!!)...