New Cucina del Capitano Menu

sunshower9

Just got off the Vista yesterday and they mentioned during the cooking demonstration that Cucina had a brand new menu. I had booked a reservation there prior to sailing just to say I tried it (never been there before), but I ended up canceling. We did go there for lunch, but I wasn't too impressed so neither of us felt the need to go back.

Cucina Menu1.pdf

Cucina Menu2.pdf

Cucina Menu3.pdf

Any idea if this menu change is just for Vista or for other Cucina's on other ships?

I'm not sure. I just remember them mentioning that they had brand new menus for both the steakhouse and Cucina. But my guess is that it would eventually be changing on all the other ships as well.

Think I will be canceling. Those desserts stink and I love carbonara and had planned to get it.

That's exactly why I cancelled too. I've never had the carbonara and had planned to try it then. Also didn't like the dessert selection.

They have all my favorites EXCEPT for dessert. Those desserts don’t sound appetizing at all. I guess I could go try it and if we don’t get a dessert we like, we can order room service chocolate cake. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

cancelling for a dessert is silly considering the menu is so diverse. The short ribs are to die for.

Well considering the main entree and both dessert choices we've had before and enjoyed are no longer on the menu and the reason we wanted to return, I feel like it's a legitimate reason to cancel also. I've emailed Magic contact person to find out when this change over is taking place on their ship. Especially when I am paying a surcharge for this meal I can't justify going when the selections I would order are no longer available. To each their own.:)

Does anyone know if this is in effect on the Magic already? I’m going to email them and ask about the change over dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Magic on Saturday. I ate at Cucina.

Was disappointed in the desserts, no Canolis or Tiramisu.

My desserts was a little sponge cake and lemon sherbet. But the rice balls for appetizer was delicious. And my risotto had edible gold on top.

I just got off the Magic on Saturday. I ate at Cucina.

Was disappointed in the desserts, no Canolis or Tiramisu.

My desserts was a little sponge cake and lemon sherbet. But the rice balls for appetizer was delicious. And my risotto had edible gold on top.

Thanks for the information. I emailed the Magic last night and they quickly responded this morning that the change was implemented on Sept. 24th for the new menu change. I also promptly responded back and cancelled my reservation for my November cruise and let them know my reasoning. So sad to see the carbonara and 2 favorite deserts missing from the menu. I do understand the need for change however cannoli and tiramisu are two genuine italian deserts that should've been left on the menu. When we traveled to Europe we tried cannoli in every port in Italy, oh how I enjoyed them. :(