I don't flaunt my C&A Status

They already have that on some ships for suites , private restaurants, private sun decks some ships they have there own pool and lounges and even beaches, looking forward to beach on Ladabee next month

Was thinking the same thing. They already do this. Just that airlines and cruise ships have gotten more creative with how they refer to the 2nd class and steerage travelers to make everyone feel special. You aren't First Class, you are "Suite"... or on United "Group 1". You aren't steerage, you are "Riviera Deck." You aren't 2nd class, you are Diamond Plus! ;p

Right there with ya sister. ;)

Yeah, I already spend way too much time on Cruise Critic! I will keep that as my single guilty addiction on the computer.

If I want to communicate with people, I prefer email, phone calls...and actual face to face!! :p;):cool:

Absolutely true. This past cruise on Freedom, as soon as I walked into the Schooner Bar the bartender would ask me if I wanted the usual or something different. They have very good memories.:)

You got that right! Many times in the CL on our last Serenade cruise, when the bartender or waiter saw us walking in, they had our drinks coming to us as we sat down!! Wow....they have great memories!! How do they do that with so much turn over??!! :o

I don't really notice any "flaunting of C&A status" like you described at Guest Services. I am sure it has happened but I think that is the rare exception rather than the rule.

In our experience and we are D+, it happens more often than one would think. I will probably get flamed for this but it seems to be more WOMEN doing it than men

Yeah, I already spend way too much time on Cruise Critic! I will keep that as my single guilty addiction on the computer.

If I want to communicate with people, I prefer email, phone calls...and actual face to face!! :p;):cool:

I hardly use my laptop.

I use the internet on my Android mobile phone all the time thats how i have posted so often since i joined CC in December 2016.

You got that right! Many times in the CL on our last Serenade cruise, when the bartender or waiter saw us walking in, they had our drinks coming to us as we sat down!! Wow....they have great memories!! How do they do that with so much turn over??!! :o

I think they recognise the friendly people and people who tip them well.

Was thinking the same thing. They already do this. Just that airlines and cruise ships have gotten more creative with how they refer to the 2nd class and steerage travelers to make everyone feel special. You aren't First Class, you are "Suite"... or on United "Group 1". You aren't steerage, you are "Riviera Deck." You aren't 2nd class, you are Diamond Plus! ;p

We think Delta One is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging". I choose not to post my many sailings because I don't care what other people think!!

The reason I list my past cruises is that I use it as a reference TO ME of my history. I could care less if you want to peek at it.

If i sit at the laptop for a long time it is my arthritic knees that don't want to move thats why i use my phone.

Ahh..such fun getting older. Always interesting to learn what new thrills of torment my body will experience when I get

out of bed. :p

Aww...that's a relief...I was worried I was a grouch!! :o:')

You always post friendly and polite so i think the bar waiters will respond to your friendly disposition.

I think with our sales backgrounds a friendly smile and manner is second nature to us.

You always post friendly and polite so i think the bar waiters will respond to your friendly disposition.

I think with our sales backgrounds a friendly smile and manner is second nature to us.

Agree...a smile and doing our best to be pleasant goes a long way. :)

Bucky being the life of the party is the big reason actually for us. He is pretty out going for sure...they remember him! :cool:;)

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging".

Ummm, no. I do it so I can keep track of them - it's the only place that makes sense.

We've seen a few tantrums by D's D+ and P's. We tend to roll our eyes and/or laugh at them. Just absurd behavior. But as others have said, they would be jacka$$e$ regardless of status. From my experience, the worst of it is in the DL, SL or CL. We hardly use the DL because the bragging and comparing is so prevalent. And the only obnoxious people I've seen in a SL or CL were Pinnacles. That being said, most P's have been fine.

As for the comment about bartenders not liking D's and above. Doubt it. We make friends with the bartenders immediately on our cruises. We smile, we laugh, we have conversations. I think the bartenders will like the people who are NICE TO THEM regardless of status.