I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I absolutely agree about the bartenders, they can make your trip fabulous. In the DL I always take cash tips and if I forget to take some cash with me I apologise and make sure l double up the next day. If I use my drinks at another bar either cash or write it on the ticket. I spent many years in my younger days working for tips, believe me they know who tips well, who is obnoxious or demanding. They work hard. There were two bartenders on Brilliance that Really took care of us, love the staff on that ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have sailed on many cruise lines. I notice that CC members on RCCL tend to flaunt their status.

By simply posting past sailings and future sailings in your signature, you are "bragging". I choose not to post my many sailings because I don't care what other people think!!

Weird post. I have not observed what poster is claiming about CC members to be correct.

I absolutely agree about the bartenders, they can make your trip fabulous. In the DL I always take cash tips and if I forget to take some cash with me I apologise and make sure l double up the next day. If I use my drinks at another bar either cash or write it on the ticket. I spent many years in my younger days working for tips, believe me they know who tips well, who is obnoxious or demanding. They work hard. There were two bartenders on Brilliance that Really took care of us, love the staff on that ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always head into the DL with some $1 bills. The waiters we have encountered in the DL have always gone above and beyond to keep the glasses full. As mentioned earlier...$1 a drink seems to do well.

Yup, me too. I always make sure I bring a pack of one dollar bills for the cruise...they go fast!

Yup, me too. I always make sure I bring a pack of one dollar bills for the cruise...they go fast!

Same here.......and since I'll be sitting next to Island Girl at the DL in a month, we can see who's stack goes the fastest! ha!

Never assume all upper tier C&A flaunt their status, or take advantage of it. I have never seen it myself.

Assuming you see a "Pinnacle" and figure that's who they are since they are wearing the Pinnacle pin right? So thier actions make you think that is how all Pinnacles act?

I am currently on MJ. One couple is wearing FAKE Pinnacle badges, and demanding special service. Waiting in

line as the MDR had just opened for breakfast, this couple barged their way up to the front (no separate lines)

and demanded to be seated right away. They also barked at waiters in the upper tier event and the Diamond

event in the VCL to bring them drinks first.

It was glaringly obvious at the upper tier event when the LA pointed out the only 5 Pinnacles that were on the ship that were sitting up front. It was not them, who were sitting on the side lines. They looked a little guilty then.

Shameful, tacky..tacky!! :mad:

Same here.......and since I'll be sitting next to Island Girl at the DL in a month, we can see who's stack goes the fastest! ha!

Depending on how fast you down your drink!! LOL!! Hah!! :p

BTW:...sadly I have not been a "girl" for a long time. ;p:D

Never assume all upper tier C&A flaunt their status, or take advantage of it. I have never seen it myself.

Assuming you see a "Pinnacle" and figure that's who they are since they are wearing the Pinnacle pin right? So thier actions make you think that is how all Pinnacles act?

I am currently on MJ. One couple is wearing FAKE Pinnacle badges, and demanding special service. Waiting in

line as the MDR had just opened for breakfast, this couple barged their way up to the front (no separate lines)

and demanded to be seated right away. They also barked at waiters in the upper tier event and the Diamond

It was glaringly obvious at the upper tier event when the LA pointed out the only 5 Pinnacles that were on the ship that were sitting up front. It was not them, who were sitting on the side lines. They looked a little guilty then.

Sure hope you said something to the LA. I wonder if there is something in the C&A rules that prohibits someone from falsifying their level.

Depending on how fast you down your drink!! LOL!! Hah!! :p

BTW:...sadly I have not been a "girl" for a long time. ;p:D

Oh, I'll do just fine in the beverage consumption arena. :-)

Dotti got her cabin assignment...you?

Sure hope you said something to the LA. I wonder if there is something in the C&A rules that prohibits someone from falsifying their level.

She had to have known. She made a big show of pointing out the real Pinnacles up front that had assigned seating (top cruisers) of which she said loudly that they were the only Pinnacles on board. The guilty fakers were sitting off to the side in front. Lots of people were looking at them then. :o:eek:

Is this the guy with the fake hair?

I'm so glad you got to meet them. I knew they were going to be on your sailing. They're on for the next three 4 night sailings on MJ. I brought these 2 up earlier in this thread and was criticized heavily for it.

The crew is focused on the badges and treat them as such. On my sailing I couldn't even get a second cup of coffee at breakfast because 2 waiters and the head waiter were catering to them.

Holy Moly. That is a new low. Does the LA know what they're up to?

The crew is focused on the badges and treat them as such. On my sailing I couldn't even get a second cup of coffee at breakfast because 2 waiters and the head waiter were catering to them.

Is that expected staff behavior? I am thinking it would be the same if they were "real" and not impersonating Pinnacle so no matter you would still not get service with them fawning over the Pinnacle pax. I know fawning is my description and not yours and you were there but what could three serving staff be doing all that time for one table? I would not like that either. Fake would be even more annoying. It would be hard not to speak to the head waiter.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

I totally agree with you. We appreciate and enjoy the perks of our C&A status, but it does not occur to us to volunteer the information to strangers on the ship, or emphasize it to staff. We try to offer positive feedback often, and have rarely needed to provide negative feedback in all the cruises we've sailed. Also agree with you re flying in first class. I find that positive people in general are more fun to be around and their pleasant attitude seems to rub off. I try to tune out the negative ones!

She had to have known. She made a big show of pointing out the real Pinnacles up front that had assigned seating (top cruisers) of which she said loudly that they were the only Pinnacles on board. The guilty fakers were sitting off to the side in front. Lots of people were looking at them then. :o:eek:

Hope those guilty Pinnacle Club fakers never wear those badges again. I would have loved to see their faces when they were called out. Otherwise, sure hope you are having a great cruise on the MJ.

Same when checking in.

You are only following RC instructions and going to the proper line.

I just want to add a reason why the Diamond member should not go into the regular line. The Diamond member should definitely enter the Diamond line, because if some passengers walked up for customer service, the people would have to wait to be helped if they were not eligible for the Diamond customer service line.

Wow this thread took on a life of its own. I think the cruise lines should do away with the labels and just call it points accumulated. I hate seeing special seats or lines. The loyalty program should be about points for prices on cruises only. They created this situation and should fix it. Some posts on this thread were mean to the OP

Wow this thread took on a life of its own. I think the cruise lines should do away with the labels and just call it points accumulated. I hate seeing special seats or lines. The loyalty program should be about points for prices on cruises only. They created this situation and should fix it. Some posts on this thread were mean to the OP

That would actually cost the cruise lines revenue. A separate line for higher point passengers doesn't cost them anything.

The only extra line we have been in, we were directed to because DH was on a mobility scooter &/or I was using a cane. RCI does a great job for accessible challenged people whether checking in, going into the dining room or disembarking.

I feel sometimes like we are getting dirty looks for line jumping but we are pulled out by RCI staff. It is much appreciated.

We just turned Emerald. I'm excited about it but I hope I don't come across as bragging about it. There is a difference.